Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I love Philly. It's a beautiful city.
I love it too - I've been lucky enough to visit it twice. Done the whole touristy bit - Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, and it's a lovely city to wander around and just explore!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, the woman is batshirt crazy with all of her "everybody knows..." nonsense. But you can't deny the fact that she wears the Spanx, er, pants in the family and that she does not take crap from anyone or anything, including The Truth. In her world, pregnancies last seven months, period. Nine months? Ha! "Well, that's your opinion..."

Are you "summering" over the long upcoming holiday weekend? I am heading out at the stroke of 12:30 on Friday! Let's partake in the fireworks in Sag! That is, if the mega-yachts aren't blocking the view from Long Wharf.
Ha! Yes, I guess Phaedra does deserve some credit for actually having a job (employment of any kind being a remarkable achievement in the RH world). I suppose I'm just hesitant to give it because, dear god, that woman is insane.

And indeed I am. Wait, do you guys still get fireworks? East Hamp hasn't had them in years. Those endangered birds just HAVE to nest and ruin the fun for the rest of us

Last edited by mezzoforte; 06-27-2011 at 01:04 PM..
Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
And indeed I am. Wait, do you guys still get fireworks? East Hamp hasn't had them in years. Those endangered just HAVE to nest and ruin the fun for the rest of us
It's those pesky little angry piping plovers. I think they should be eradicated; if you walk anywhere their breeding grounds, they will dive at you like kamikazes. Fortunately they breed on Long Beach, which is far enough away from the harbor. I'll text you once I get settled in for the weekend.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Somebody stole my Mother's Bra from the washing line. I don't know whether to be creeped out or impressed that they had the strength to lift the beast.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS; I'm a little drunk and very emotional right now, but I have absolutely no where else to turn to, so I'm gonna pour my heart out here. I don't mean to be an attention seeker or anything, so I'm really sorry if this comes off that wat, but I'm sitting here, in my friend's spare room, really trying not to cry. Basically. I've had a wonderful day and night with my friend, and we've spent hours just talking. Problem is. She still thinks I'm straight, and she was banging on about how lovely I am and how I deserve a nice realtionship since my last one was a disaster. She was so sincere and she really cares for me, that it's actually killing me to carry on lying to her. I want to come out to her, I've knowj her for likw, 9 years, but I"m ridiculously scared. What if she doesn't accept me? What if she tells my other friends and they shun me? What if they tell my paretns? My dad would kick me out' he's very much a 'man's man' and isn't tolerant, at all. I'm really sorry for ventinng on here, guys, but I just don't know what to do anymore. The only friend -l?e ever been out to and been 100% myself with, has totally abandoned me, so I"m totally and utterly panicked. I'm literally shaking as I type this.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

@Art......babe I'm so sorry for your misery right now!!!! *hugs* I don't believe that anyone should have to hide who they truly are because of what others think/believe!!!! All I can say is, if they're your friends they wouldn't turn their backs on you! And as for your dad, family can hurt you more than any stranger ever could!

All those that can't accept you r losing out! You should feel sorry for them.....I know I do! Ummmmm I guess say a prayer then spill your guts. God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. You'll rise above!

*waves rainbow flag fo da kids* no I'm not "how u doin?" but I love my rainbow tribe!

*hugs*
Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blasting "you make me feel mighty real" - Sylvester!!! No really.....it just started playing!!! Ooooooooow!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
JTIS; I'm a little drunk and very emotional right now, but I have absolutely no where else to turn to, so I'm gonna pour my heart out here. I don't mean to be an attention seeker or anything, so I'm really sorry if this comes off that wat, but I'm sitting here, in my friend's spare room, really trying not to cry. Basically. I've had a wonderful day and night with my friend, and we've spent hours just talking. Problem is. She still thinks I'm straight, and she was banging on about how lovely I am and how I deserve a nice realtionship since my last one was a disaster. She was so sincere and she really cares for me, that it's actually killing me to carry on lying to her. I want to come out to her, I've knowj her for likw, 9 years, but I"m ridiculously scared. What if she doesn't accept me? What if she tells my other friends and they shun me? What if they tell my paretns? My dad would kick me out' he's very much a 'man's man' and isn't tolerant, at all. I'm really sorry for ventinng on here, guys, but I just don't know what to do anymore. The only friend -l?e ever been out to and been 100% myself with, has totally abandoned me, so I"m totally and utterly panicked. I'm literally shaking as I type this.
Nobody should have to feel this way. I'm sorry the other friend you told abandoned you. A real friend won't. If you're this scared maybe you're just not ready. It's okay to wait until you're ready. It's not truly lying to your friend because of the weight of it. Don't worry too much about her response, be more concerned about coming out on your own time when you feel strong enough to do so. If she is a true friend she will understand. If she is a good friend she may already know. Hugs to you, this too shall pass!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry you're feel that way Artemis. Don't think of it as lying to her. You're just protecting yourself right now. If she is a true friend, then she will understand. Does she want a relationship with you, or just want one for you? Don't think about the what if's....a true friend won't tell if you ask. she won't judge you. you sound really close to her....if you feel safe, do what you think is best. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dear sweet Artemis(Mark), I too know exactly how you feel. I was once terrified to come out of the closet to my friends and my family. The funny thing is, is that they already knew and were just witing for me to come out and say so. I have lost a friend or two over the years because they could not accept me for who I am but in the long run it doesn't really matter. Friends will come and go from your life as you live your life. As for your parents, well that is a whole other story. Some parents may sound anti gay but then will change their way of thinking when they face the fact that their child is gay. Others will react badly. One never knows till they try. Good or bad reaction, it's worth the risk. You will be letting a major burden off your shoulders when you tell your truth.

I am 49 years old and came out to my friends and family at age 15 and came out publicly at age 19. As recently as last year I pretended to be straight around a certain group of gay hating men that I work for and then one day decided to tell them the truth and discovered that they suspected all along and they don't give a fukc that I am gay. In fact I actually get plenty of respect from them even since I admitted what I am.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
My dear sweet Artemis(Mark), I too know exactly how you feel. I was once terrified to come out of the closet to my friends and my family. The funny thing is, is that they already knew and were just witing for me to come out and say so. I have lost a friend or two over the years because they could not accept me for who I am but in the long run it doesn't really matter. Friends will come and go from your life as you live your life. As for your parents, well that is a whole other story. Some parents may sound anti gay but then will change their way of thinking when they face the fact that their child is gay. Others will react badly. One never knows till they try. Good or bad reaction, it's worth the risk. You will be letting a major burden off your shoulders when you tell your truth.

I am 49 years old and came out to my friends and family at age 15 and came out publicly at age 19. As recently as last year I pretended to be straight around a certain group of gay hating men that I work for and then one day decided to tell them the truth and discovered that they suspected all along and they don't give a fukc that I am gay. In fact I actually get plenty of respect from them even since I admitted what I am.
It may not be worth the risk if it results in homelessness. A close friend was pulled out of college early and forced to go to a school they could commute from when they came out. This was so traumatic and my friend is still working through this over a decade later (although is past it now for the most part). Obviously there were other issues with that family. I just want to point out that being cautious is smart. My friend is out and happy now and is getting married soon!

Do what is right for you, Mark. You don't owe anyone any explanation of your sexuality. To thine own self be true. Please know that you are not alone.

Kudos to you Viv for your courage in the face of ignorance.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Somebody stole my Mother's Bra from the washing line. I don't know whether to be creeped out or impressed that they had the strength to lift the beast.

What size qualifies to be considerd beast?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i'm a kyle fan, couldn't stand camille at all~
I'm a Kyle & Kim fan as well!

That's why I started watching this show because I usually could care less about these reality shows. I love alot of their movies they did when they were young. Kyle was 'Lindsay' in the original classic 'Halloween'. They both got to work with the legendary Bette Davis, too.

As for Kim, I feel bad for her, she has been thru alot as an adult. She was on the phone with her bf/husband in 1991 when he was gunned down in cold blood talking to her on a pay phone, sorry but that has to effect a person.

I don't feel for Camille at all. She started crap left & right and to fire Kyle's husband was a low blow!

I hope there will be a second season but I hear Kim won't be on it & I don't blame her.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartboy View Post

That's why I started watching this show because I usually could care less about these reality shows. I love alot of their movies they did when they were young. Kyle was 'Lindsay' in the original classic 'Halloween'. They both got to work with the legendary Bette Davis, too.

As for Kim, I feel bad for her, she has been thru alot as an adult. She was on the phone with her bf/husband in 1991 when he was gunned down in cold blood talking to her on a pay phone, sorry but that has to effect a person.

I don't feel for Camille at all. She started crap left & right and to fire Kyle's husband was a low blow!

I hope there will be a second season but I hear Kim won't be on it & I don't blame her.
i watch for the same reason~ kyle & kim~ i also grew up watching them~ i recently bought a copy of 'watcher in the woods" on dvd, i hadn't seen it in years~ ~

i hear they are filming season 2 as we speak & both kyle & kim are returning~
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartboy View Post

The one BH housewife I could not stand was Adrienne. What a snoozefest. Yes, she's got more money than the Pope, but that's all she's got going for her. And it's family money/business, yet she fancies herself to be some kind of pioneering, savvy business woman. Puhlease.

I think Camille was misunderstood. Yes, she's completely out of touch and lacking self awareness, but in the end I felt sorry for her, especially the way Kelsey Grammer made her suck it up and keep up appearances for the Tony Awards. Yes, she walked away with a huge chunk of his fortune, but for the rest of her life, she will carry the permanent scar of being rejected in the most horrifying, public manner. And in the Camille vs. Kyle battle, I am on Camille's side. Kyle is a busybody yenta who is always right and never owns up to her lapses in judgment. She needs to be knocked down a peg or three.

I thought Camille was the one who said she wasn't coming back. Kim needs to be on RHW to help nurture her comeback.