User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
This is key, in my opinion. I still let some garbage in. However, I notice that when I do, I feel like sh*t. It can be something as simple as engaging with a toxic relative on Facebook- as soon as I give in to it and let it in, I regret it. Which is good, right?! I mean good that it feels bad. There may have been a time when it felt comfortable.

We can create our own norms and decide what makes us comfortable. Looking at core beliefs, challenging them and then making the decision to think about things differently is very powerful (but certainly not easy).
Yes it is good that bad behavior now makes you uncomfortable. Changing my beliefs has been key and yes it is so hard. Thx.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I have that dream too. It's creepy as hell.

I feel like I'm pretty much in control of my life - I feel content & happy & try to surround myself with good people. I have a good stable job & am not in debt except for my home. My family life is good.

I don't know if I could quantify it with a percentage though. Also, there are things that I would like to control (mainly other people & their actions ) but obviously I can't, so I'm always working on accepting that.
It's a totally creepy dream. I am working really hard on that last one, Paula. I really have to let go of that insanity, I can't control anyone else!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Today just isn't my day, apparently.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Today just isn't my day, apparently.
In the words of your sig pic:
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
In the words of your sig pic:
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh don't ya look baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just secured my summer job!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back in Detroit for 3 weeks
Old 06-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Supporting Ledgie

this makes me lol

Old 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to clean the bathroom. I'm not in the mood to clean the bathroom, but I'm gonna clean the bathroom cause I put it off from not doing it yesterday and took a fukc off day instead.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't want to clean the bathroom. I'm not in the mood to clean the bathroom, but I'm gonna clean the bathroom cause I put it off from not doing it yesterday and took a fukc off day instead.
Bathroom is clean and sparkling. Dusting has been done in the music room. Laundry has been attended to. Bed sheets have been changed. Viv feels so much better now that all that ***** is done. Now I can eat lunch and go to the park to record the sounds of birds rising.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Ledgie

I've been procrastinating all day.

Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate people. I'm going to say this with the least amount of swearing possible.

A girl that I was really close with for 5 years just messaged me asking to “catch up” after we didn’t talk all year. I defriended her on Facebook quite some time ago. I haven’t spoken to her because she’s absolutely crazy… multiple drug addictions (coke being the most serious), 3 DUIs, numerous eating disorders… all before her 17th birthday. Worst of all, she would CONSTANTLY throw me under the bus to save her own ass, even if I didn't do anything. For instance-- I was DDing a friend home from San Francisco and she wanted to stop by this girl's house, so we did and said hello. This girl told her parents that I had drunkenly driven to their house and I get a text from her mom the next day saying, "if I ever hear that you're driving drunk around my daughter again, I'll call the police." Her mom is a whole different set of crazy ,but I digress...

So I kindly explained that I didn’t have any interest in talking to her but I genuinely hoped she was doing well. Her response?

“Sad to hear you’re still a judgmental fatass.”

a) Bitch, f*ck you.
b) I judge YOU after knowing you for years, after waking up at 4AM to save your ass from juvi, after watching you sabotage your own life time after time after time.
c) I’m extremely, extremely sensitive about the weight thing especially since I had an eating disorder quite some time ago… again, f*ck you.

Seriously I want to stab her right now. I've been having a really rough time with my self-image lately for a variety of reasons and this just made me want to revert back to my "old ways." It's hard enough to balance the line between healthy and unhealthy lifestyle changes when you've known the unhealthy side... I didn't need this too.

Jesus.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I hate people. I'm going to say this with the least amount of swearing possible.

A girl that I was really close with for 5 years just messaged me asking to “catch up” after we didn’t talk all year. I defriended her on Facebook quite some time ago. I haven’t spoken to her because she’s absolutely crazy… multiple drug addictions (coke being the most serious), 3 DUIs, numerous eating disorders… all before her 17th birthday. Worst of all, she would CONSTANTLY throw me under the bus to save her own ass, even if I didn't do anything. For instance-- I was DDing a friend home from San Francisco and she wanted to stop by this girl's house, so we did and said hello. This girl told her parents that I had drunkenly driven to their house and I get a text from her mom the next day saying, "if I ever hear that you're driving drunk around my daughter again, I'll call the police." Her mom is a whole different set of crazy ,but I digress...

So I kindly explained that I didn’t have any interest in talking to her but I genuinely hoped she was doing well. Her response?

a) Bitch, f*ck you.
b) I judge YOU after knowing you for years, after waking up at 4AM to save your ass from juvi, after watching you sabotage your own life time after time after time.
c) I’m extremely, extremely sensitive about the weight thing especially since I had an eating disorder quite some time ago… again, f*ck you.

Seriously I want to stab her right now. I've been having a really rough time with my self-image lately for a variety of reasons and this just made me want to revert back to my "old ways." It's hard enough to balance the line between healthy and unhealthy lifestyle changes when you've known the unhealthy side... I didn't need this too.

Jesus.
*hugs*
Danielle, you are beautiful and I hope she didn't make you feel anything less. It's definitely a sign of good mental hygiene that your initial response to her message was tell her to scr*w off (in the nicest way possible), but I completely understand how one negative comment can wound. Stay strong
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
*hugs*
Danielle, you are beautiful and I hope she didn't make you feel anything less. It's definitely a sign of good mental hygiene that your initial response to her message was tell her to scr*w off (in the nicest way possible), but I completely understand how one negative comment can wound. Stay strong
Ugh, thank you. I'm trying to channel all of my energy towards loathing her instead of my own self-loathing. So far, it's working pretty well but I'm still freaked out by how terrible she made me feel... I usually laugh at people who say things like that just to get under my skin, but she hit me at a really bad time. I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism so this **** isn't entirely my fault. And I'm so physically healthy (strong, etc) so it really shouldn't bother me but it does.

I messaged her back with 7 pictures of her doing something wildly illegal (lines of blow, driving with an open beer in her hand, etc) and said, "I've taken a screen shot of this conversation and I tracked down these pictures. I'm not a malicious person but if you say one ****ty thing to me ever again, you better believe that your mother will get copies, along with our trainers (for horses) and the college you're supposed to attend next year. After the years of crap you've put me through, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Do yourself a favor and back the f*ck off."

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 06-20-2011 at 03:01 AM..
Old 06-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Her response?

Her response indicates that your feelings about her were right. Ignore her Dani. Ignore her. Go about business and put her completely out of your life. We can't be friends with everyone.