Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another reminder of not so long ago....

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...sey-Buckingham

Stevie Nicks: 'My new album is about Lindsey Buckingham'

STEVIE NICKS insists former lover and FLEETWOOD MAC bandmate LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM will love her new solo album because half the tracks are about him.

PUBLISHED: 14:42, Tue, Sep 30, 2014

The couple had one of the most famous romances in rock and Nicks admits many of the songs that make up 24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault were inspired by her feelings for the guitarist.

Nicks will release the record next month (Oct14), a week after she hits the road with Fleetwood Mac, and she is looking forward to hearing what Buckingham thinks about the old songs she has revamped with producer Dave Stewart.

She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "Lindsey will love it (album); half of the songs are about him.

"We have continually written about each other, and we'll probably keep writing about each other until we're dead. We have been through great successes, great misunderstandings, a great musical connection.

"He has more of an appreciation for that now. I think it's because he has two little daughters and a lovely wife, so he's really in Girl World now. He's more aware of a feminine point of view."
Old 04-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
another reminder of not so long ago....

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...sey-Buckingham

Stevie Nicks: 'My new album is about Lindsey Buckingham'

STEVIE NICKS insists former lover and FLEETWOOD MAC bandmate LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM will love her new solo album because half the tracks are about him.

PUBLISHED: 14:42, Tue, Sep 30, 2014

The couple had one of the most famous romances in rock and Nicks admits many of the songs that make up 24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault were inspired by her feelings for the guitarist.

Nicks will release the record next month (Oct14), a week after she hits the road with Fleetwood Mac, and she is looking forward to hearing what Buckingham thinks about the old songs she has revamped with producer Dave Stewart.

She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "Lindsey will love it (album); half of the songs are about him.

"We have continually written about each other, and we'll probably keep writing about each other until we're dead. We have been through great successes, great misunderstandings, a great musical connection.

"He has more of an appreciation for that now. I think it's because he has two little daughters and a lovely wife, so he's really in Girl World now. He's more aware of a feminine point of view."

She got asked about this later and said it was a misquote. The quote about his wife and kids also I believe taken from an older interview, as was what she said about them writing about each other.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
After hearing last weeks interviews I think this is not mainly about their relationship as a couple. Considering her package deal comments this is about her dismissing the role of Lindsey in her success. Everyone including Tom Petty has said Lindsey is the one who made her songs what they are. She apparently resents that she wouldn’t be in FM without him or as successful as she has been, without him. And that’s why I have no doubt she’ll try to record new FM album with Mike. She must hate all the stories out there that she cannot write music anymore and wants to put them to bed.
I seriously doubt she knows those stories are out there. She's very much protected by everyone. Lori Nicks once said:"We have to keep her happy in order for her to be productive" (this was in '86 or something and I can't remember the context of that conversation).
When FM did 2 sold out shows in Holland in '88 I got to talk to Christine. Stevie had gotten terrible reviews while Christine's were very favorable. When I told her that she said:"Oh, that's bad. Better not tell Stevie or she'll retire tomorrow". I had to promise her that I wouldn't tell Stevie about it. So I doubt she knows what the fans are saying about her or the press for that matter especially when it's something negative.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I seriously doubt she knows those stories are out there. She's very much protected by everyone. Lori Nicks once said:"We have to keep her happy in order for her to be productive" (this was in '86 or something and I can't remember the context of that conversation).
When FM did 2 sold out shows in Holland in '88 I got to talk to Christine. Stevie had gotten terrible reviews while Christine's were very favorable. When I told her that she said:"Oh, that's bad. Better not tell Stevie or she'll retire tomorrow". I had to promise her that I wouldn't tell Stevie about it. So I doubt she knows what the fans are saying about her or the press for that matter especially when it's something negative.
Well I think she'll be in for a surprise when she goes on tour, because considering the wide backlash, I doubt that there won't be at least a couple of people in the crowd who make their displeasure known somehow.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Sheesh

Quote:
That is pretty much what I have thought all along. Just like Michael Jackson, too many Yes-Men around kissing their butts. They get so far up their own a-- and have no idea how to deal with criticism.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kinda the same with Sheryl. They were best buddies and then that faded out, even before the "join FM" debacle. There was a phase when she and Courtney Love and Billy Corgan were best buds, then that passed too.
I think she didn't like very much that Sheryl told the advice Stevie once gave her: that she should never have kids because once that happens you lose your songwriter powers. Stevie's face was priceless. She absolutely hated it!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Yes you're right there. Tim wrote, sang and did the piano on it. It should be Tim. Though Neil has apparently also done it live. Neil seems like a more 'stable' character but Tim also very talented.

I was trying to think of what has produced this distinctive music culture in New Zealand. Neil has probably said it himself: "There’s a lot of eccentric people in New Zealand - sometimes you think they’re allowed to be because of our isolation from the hard-edged nature of most people in modern cities overseas.”

Split Enz were as weird and nutty as FM at times, for sure. But that's why we like FM.
We also have a very unique reggae/hip hop/dub-y sound that is hugely influenced by Maori and Pacific Island music and culture so we produce very individualist artists.....think Split Enz (Neil and Tim Finn), Lorde, Fat Freddys drop
Old 04-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I think she didn't like very much that Sheryl told the advice Stevie once gave her: that she should never have kids because once that happens you lose your songwriter powers. Stevie's face was priceless. She absolutely hated it!
Hmm, wonder if she shared that advice with Chrissie Hynde who had two daughters back in '83 and '85?

Old 04-30-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So when something bad happens to one of them, and she plays the I'm-so-sad-he-was-my-soulmate thing.....she'll be expecting no one will remember all the things she's said. She's badmouthed him in the press far more than he has. And the need to compare herself to all the other women in his life "I was the one who was with him for all the RIGHT reasons... not for his money or his fame". Oy. It's like sometimes Gemini is code for split-personality.
I don't want that something bad happens to Lindsey just to see how fake she can be.
Yes, we all can see now how she was with him for the right reasons..... until she stabbed him in the back.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I truly do wonder if she's seen/be made aware of any of this, particularly the signs around LA. I have to think SOMEONE was like, "Hey, Heads up...so there's this...." I actually think their demeanor during that horrendous interview last week indicates someone is whispering in someone's ear. Mick probably thinks any press is good press, but I do think she would be bothered by it. And I do think Christine and John would be too.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Angel75
This message has been deleted by Angel75.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I truly do wonder if she's seen/be made aware of any of this, particularly the signs around LA. I have to think SOMEONE was like, "Hey, Heads up...so there's this...." I actually think their demeanor during that horrendous interview last week indicates someone is whispering in someone's ear. Mick probably thinks any press is good press, but I do think she would be bothered by it. And I do think Christine and John would be too.
Agreed, I think they totally know about the signs and the Twitter backlash and am sure that is why the McVies looked so uncomfortable
Old 04-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post

I live in LA. What signs??????
Old 04-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not that funny is it
When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
If's not that funny is it?
Don't blame me!
Please, please, please!
I didn't wanna bleed so
I didn't wanna be this late
So don't make me wait!
It's not that funny is it
No one to turn you on
All your hope is gone
It's not that funny is it?
Don't blame me!
Please, please, please!
You're here cause I say so
Didn't wanna be this late
So don't make me
Don't make me wait!
Here comes the nightime looking for a little more
Waiting on the right time somebody outside the door.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
As much as I currently despise siding with SN, I do think this quote of loving LB for the right reasons is fair enough. CAH was basically a groupie who lived off his fame, money and the rock roll lifestyle and I think KB was very attracted to his money and the lifestyle it could offer and possibly bear-trapped him with a pregnancy. She was a 'photographer' with no actual work credited to her name but now is flipping million dollar homes and building an equestrian farm. Although in saying that she has been the supportive wife currently and has very much got his back.
But she raised his children.... something Stevie clearly wasn't willing to do. Even though she knew how much he wanted a family.

And well, we all know now how much she loves Lindsey. Or loved.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, she loved him because he could help her become a star....