User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
Homer-good news that he is eating and not in pain. Could this be the "upside" of the surgery we've been waiting for? Still doesnt explain the discolored urine though what time is his appt tomorrow? I will definitely be thinking about the two of you. Let us know what happens. Much kentucky love being sent cash's way (from max murray and i )
Thanks guys. My rescue friend told me that maybe the discolored urine was just that he's dehydrated, and it's just dark due to lack of fluid in the urine. The vets been giving him a big IV bag of fluids, every 2-3 days, for the past couple of weeks. But, Tuesday was the last day that he got that, so hopefully that's it(but it's never been that dark before ). I'll capture some when we wake up, for the test.
Expecting the worst, and hoping for the best.....
Old 12-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thanks guys. My rescue friend told me that maybe the discolored urine was just that he's dehydrated, and it's just dark due to lack of fluid in the urine. The vets been giving him a big IV bag of fluids, every 2-3 days, for the past couple of weeks. But, Tuesday was the last day that he got that, so hopefully that's it(but it's never been that dark before ). I'll capture some when we wake up, for the test.
Expecting the worst, and hoping for the best.....
that is def a good idea. *crossing fingers for cash today*
Old 12-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David, I'll be thinking of both you and Cash & hoping for the best. You've gone above & beyond to try to help Cash.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so sorry Homie. Please keep us posted no matter what happens.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Keeping you and Cash in my prayers...

rbs
Old 12-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
Homer-good news that he is eating and not in pain. Could this be the "upside" of the surgery we've been waiting for? Still doesnt explain the discolored urine though what time is his appt tomorrow? I will definitely be thinking about the two of you. Let us know what happens. Much kentucky love being sent cash's way (from max murray and i )
50 minutes to go. I don't know what to do. His urine looked MUCH more normal today. And his breathing was better last night(it's weird, his breathing isn't labored most of the time, only some of the time). I've gotten him to eat a little more food, too. But still, I know that the cancer is progressing through him.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! I guess I'll let the vet decide. I've begged her to tell me when it's time. She always tells me that I know him better than she, so it's really up to me.
What should I do?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
50 minutes to go. I don't know what to do. His urine looked MUCH more normal today. And his breathing was better last night(it's weird, his breathing isn't labored most of the time, only some of the time). I've gotten him to eat a little more food, too. But still, I know that the cancer is progressing through him.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! I guess I'll let the vet decide. I've begged her to tell me when it's time. She always tells me that I know him better than she, so it's really up to me.
What should I do?
Geez...sounds like a really hard decision you're trying to make here. No one can tell you what to do - all I can say is do what you feel is best for Cash. He's not in pain, and is eating, that's good....is he still generally a happy boy...acknowledging his surroundings and you and all that?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Geez...sounds like a really hard decision you're trying to make here. No one can tell you what to do - all I can say is do what you feel is best for Cash. He's not in pain, and is eating, that's good....is he still generally a happy boy...acknowledging his surroundings and you and all that?
I hit a couple golf balls for him, a few minutes ago. He got a little excited, and "started" to chase them(he's trying to be normal).
I'm just afraid that MAYBE he has some good time left, and I might be taking that away. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
I can't imagine walking away without him. It's like losing my right arm. We're that close.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What should I do?
let the vet tell you. If there is any doubt, then wait. You dont want to make a decision that you're not ready for. Esp if hes better and the vet doesnt have a prob with it
Old 12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hi homer. . .i don't really have any advice, just that you know cash best and only you can make the final decision about what is right for him. i'll be thinking about the two of you over the weekend and hope for continued improvement. this is has got to be so hard, and i really feel for you.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hit a couple golf balls for him, a few minutes ago. He got a little excited, and "started" to chase them(he's trying to be normal).
I'm just afraid that MAYBE he has some good time left, and I might be taking that away. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
I can't imagine walking away without him. It's like losing my right arm. We're that close.
He doesn't want to leave you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. You and Cash will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, we didn't put him down.
His urine was okay. His blood counts are getting low, and he has some infection, though. He's also dehydrated, and needs the lactated ringers daily(the big IV bag, that I thought was just water) , sooooo,

I now know how to give shots, and the IV bag(I HATE needles, btw). I told her that I could bring him in daily, and she said, "I'll teach you how to do it, instead". So, I'm giving two antibiotics shots, and the lactated ringers, daily, for now.

But, the end is probably still near. I told her I was putting the decision in her hands, and she said if he was hers, that she wouldn't do it, just yet. If he can get past this infection, he might have a while longer. I've got a mixed bag of emotions on this. I feel selfish for not ending it today, and very relieved too, that we didn't.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Hang in there bud...

Quote:
Well, we didn't put him down.
His urine was okay. His blood counts are getting low, and he has some infection, though. He's also dehydrated, and needs the lactated ringers daily(the big IV bag, that I thought was just water) , sooooo,

I now know how to give shots, and the IV bag(I HATE needles, btw). I told her that I could bring him in daily, and she said, "I'll teach you how to do it, instead". So, I'm giving two antibiotics shots, and the lactated ringers, daily, for now.

But, the end is probably still near. I told her I was putting the decision in her hands, and she said if he was hers, that she wouldn't do it, just yet. If he can get past this infection, he might have a while longer. I've got a mixed bag of emotions on this. I feel selfish for not ending it today, and very relieved too, that we didn't.
ya have tons of Ledgies sending ya good thoughts and karma.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
ya have tons of Ledgies sending ya good thoughts and karma.
Thanks, I appreciate them. He can sure use them, too!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the update...I'm glad he's doing a bit better - and I'm glad it was not blood in the urine. I don't think you're being selfish -and if the vet thinks it's best put off for a while...that's all the assurance I'd need