User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/702/38/

Lindsey's equipment while touring with FM

UberProAudio.com - Fleetwood Mac - Lindsey Buckingham Guitar Rig ...
UberProAudio tells you what gear is in famous musicians guitar, bass, and drum rigs., Fleetwood Mac - Lindsey Buckingham Guitar Rig Gear and Equipment.
www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/702/38/
Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The idea of these independent troubadours put me in mind of ‘Ventura
Highway’ by America and Glen Campbell’s ‘Wichita Lineman’, and there I
realised the missing influence being late 60s, early 70s folk rock. I hope
they like Fleetwood Mac. There’s something also to Joe Francis’ (I later
learn their names) style that identifies the Cornish folk tradition –
although Seth Lakeman crosses the border in Devon, there’s the same
contradictive modern / trad-folk element.
Treating us to three more of their own songs, I’m sold. Then to the last,
and they embark upon what I intuitively knew would be a Fleetwood Mac cover
– two chords in and I’m positive. A stirring rendition of ‘Dreams’ was the
perfect ending. They managed to reclaim that song from the ****ing Corrs. I
scrabble around for pennies at the end of the gig to lay my mitts on an EP
from the band, a sure testament as unsigned EPs get flung in my direction
daily.

http://www.orcasurf.co.uk/threesixty...ss-home/?p=490
Old 05-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac – Go your own way Live 1979
May 15th, 2010

The ultimate break-up song. The ultimate pop song. “Go Your Own Way” has such a passionate, furious driving beat that takes you to such a climactic explosive high, only to bring you down with the realization that it’s really about the heartache of ending a relationship with someone you love. This song perfectly captures these feelings of hurt and anger. “Go Your Own Way” was written by Lindsey Buckingham during the Rumours sessions. Lindsey has said he usually does not write the lyrics to his songs first, but rather initially has the music track in place prior to adding the lyrics. Lindsey’s passionate guitar playing is what brings his feelings into his songs, while the addition of the lyrics creates a delicate balance between this guitar playing and putting his feelings into words. “Go Your Own Way” is a truthful song with intense emotions of love and fury that originate from the heart. The song reflects the feelings he had revolving around the ending of his relationship with fellow band member and romantic partner at the time, Stevie Nicks. The music and lyrics show a man plagued by anger, confusion, and disbelief. Through Lindsey’s eyes, he paints quite a different picture of what breaking-up feels like than what Stevie has portrayed about the same relationship in her songs at this time (see the mysterious “Dreams” and the haunting “Silver Springs.”) “Loving you, isn’t the right thing to do, how can I ever change things that I feel.” Lindsey is trying to convince …

Tags: 1979, Fleetwood, Live
Posted in Uncategorized | 25 Comments »

25 Responses to “Fleetwood Mac – Go your own way Live 1979”
1.thechazdarby Says:
May 15th, 2010 at 11:08 pm
@DiscoFerret5674 of course!!!!John’s a freakin’ monster!

2.Ultdonkey Says:
May 15th, 2010 at 11:53 pm
15 thumbs down!!!!! wtf

3.stratdelux09 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 12:45 am
How much for the Blond?

4.haley601 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 1:21 am
Fleetwood Mac Rocks!!

5.raulu2be Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 2:10 am
¡Qué buen tema!

6.WatchYourAttitude Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 2:43 am
@sweeperchick yeah since i saw a 2009 bbc documentary in which stevie described how she felt about GYOW (she said there were times she wanted to go over to lindsey and kill him). and about buckingham, yeah he’s hot, but he also had this attitude problem. the good days he was brilliant and the bad days he was terrible. although I still agree they should get together again. but they’re still healing. stevie needs to learn to trust lindsey again. that’s what mick fleetwood said in an interview.

7.sweeperchick Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 2:45 am
@WatchYourAttitude – Dude, I think that every time I hear this song. Plus I don’t know why she would even let him go, Buckingham is hot. Also, it’s kind of like The Beatles when Paul was writing songs about being pissed off with John / vice versa.

8.opaiiiiii Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 2:49 am
The best Lindsey ever

9.thequeen583 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 3:02 am
search the nofx version . nice too.

10.WatchYourAttitude Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 3:49 am
must have been hell for stevie to sing along to this song.

11.rainbowalful Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 4:27 am
i love this song !!!

12.repelghosts Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 4:54 am
The Texas show and the Toronto,Canada show were absolutely rivetting…Love you…
Gemma email me luv…

13.ajcliburn77 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 5:54 am
Ahhh I wish I was around then to have seen this live..

14.pbl1 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 6:46 am
great…why not compare Jimi Hendrix and the Eagles…or EVH and ABBA. seriously, wtf are you thinking?!?

15.rolavarga Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 7:23 am
I like this song.

16.bartonim Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 7:50 am
@NicksandSlick Lindsey almost killed her over the infidelity issue, but I suppose they might be friends now–one really hopes so! Great band when they liked each other!

17.jurrasiccoast Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 7:56 am
@Selecta88 …& Ritchie Blackmore whips the lot of them.

18.tarim2021 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 8:09 am
@wha65 Really? Thank you for telling me…

19.wha65 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 8:33 am
1:13 Love it. Stevie is a crack up.
She picks up a Penquin Doll and points it at
” Go Your Own Way ” then gives it a little kiss.

20.NeverforgetElvis Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 8:52 am
I got a fever . . . and we know it’s the only cure.

21.vakantieland4 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 8:55 am
@inquiry7 No problem; we both enjoy their music, which is timeless.

22.thehandsomedevils Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 9:06 am
MORE COWBELL!

23.NicksandSlick Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 9:23 am
Stevie and Lindsey are beautiful, imagine if they had of had kids!

24.alanibanez Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 9:50 am
i think some of them get payed to start screaming.

25.tontaino30 Says:
May 16th, 2010 at 10:46 am
i like it !!!!!!!!!

http://imacbattery.co.cc/fleetwood-m...way-live-1979/
Old 05-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (LP, Unofficial) at Discogs
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac. Label: Smilin' Ears Records Inc. Catalog#: SE-2- 7721. Format: Vinyl, LP, Unofficial Release. Country: Brazil. Released: ...
http://www.discogs.com/Fleetwood-Mac...Mac/.../227809...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yaqin MC-100B tube amp trials “Fleetwood Mac quick demo” w/ abrogating acknowledgment mod
May 18th, 2010Amp Stereo Videos

I have a few requests to upload some better quality demos of my hotrodded tube amplifier. I did a few mods to it from spice simulation and finalized the negative feedback mod. The tubes are Philips 12AT7, JAN 6SN7WGT and JJ KT-88. I have the amp on triode mode. There is less bass on this mode but I feel the sound is superior. The speakers are Paradigm S2 Reference Signature.

http://ampstereo.myblogtrade.com/201...wledgment-mod/
Old 05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rekkids: Fleetwood Mac, Rumours
May 19, 2010 Author: Matt | Filed under: Music, Rekkids
I currently have 1,884 albums on my 160GB iPod. I will listen to them all, in a random order, and write about them.

I clicked over to the Albums list on my iPod, started spinning the dial with my eyes averted, clicked twice on the center button, and this is the record that began.

In some ways, it’s a fitting choice to start this sure-to-be-abandoned-eventually project, since it’s one of those perfect pieces of pop art that are so damn appealing to me–a huge popular smash that’s part of the cultural wallpaper of the seventies, and classic rock radio ever since, but also a critical success that has held up for me well over repeated listenings.

Of course, I was about seven months old when the record was originally released, in February 1977; during the first six months of my life, the members of Fleetwood Mac were apparently enduring a personal relationship hell while recording Rumours. That’s part of the album’s mythos and it’s become intertwined with the lyrical content, to the point where Rumours is universally regarded as this big giant turmoil breakup record lathered in crisp, shiny production.

It’s the production that has kept me coming back to Rumours, though there are of course some absolutely titanic songs on here. You can go ahead and roll your eyes if you want but remove this album from the context of its era and you’re left with a stunningly personal folk-rock record crammed to bursting with gigantic hooks. It’s a pretty amazing blend, too, which is kinda rare in rock records; you don’t often hear an eleven-song set that you can honestly say represents all of the creative viewpoints of the band, but here you’ve got Lindsey Buckingham’s straight-ahead arena bile, and Christie McVie’s understated plinking, and Stevie Nicks being all weird and gypsy all over the place.

But back to the production. It’s so clean. Whether it’s warranted or not, I tend to lump in the sound of such diverse artists as the Eagles, Warren Zevon, and Fleetwood Mac into the same bucket; I think of it as a specifically west coast style. I imagine all these endless nights of debauchery at the Record Plant or A&M culminating in these pristine recordings, mixed together with each instrument just barely rubbing up against the next.

It’s got a sunny disposition at times but Rumours is a pretty dark record, especially in the final moments: “Rock on, gold dust woman…take your silver spoon and dig your grave…” The blinding light of southern California, the decadence of the seventies rock lifestyle, and the disintegration of love all collide and intermingle.

When I was in college and home on break, I found myself drawn into some kind of VH1 special about the making of Rumours. A friend of mine called while the show was on, and I asked my dad to tell him to call me back, cause I was watching this show. As I recall, my dad kinda rolled his eyes at me, and started dancing in the living room, singing, “Thunder only happens when it’s raining…players only love you when they’re playing…” Unforgettable as a sleepless dream, like the album itself.

http://www.alertnerd.com/?p=3375
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default such enticing words-and it has nothing to do about FM

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today / Releases / Releases ...
By Nick Neyland
There are many styles covered on this, the first album by Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti since signing to 4AD, but that glassy Fleetwood Mac production, which flourished on Rumours, gloriously saturated their sound on Tusk, and continued ...
Drowned In Sound // Feed - http://feedburner.drownedinsound.com/

There’s a passage in Bill Drummond’s The 17 where he recalls traveling to Los Angeles in the mid 1980s, ostensibly to oversee the work of a hair metal band in his capacity as an A&R man for WEA. While trying to find the group in a labyrinthian studio complex, Drummond stumbled across a bloated Stevie Nicks, who was dancing eyes-closed to one of her own songs, lost to herself and the world. There are many styles covered on this, the first album by Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti since signing to 4AD, but that glassy Fleetwood Mac production, which flourished on Rumours, gloriously saturated their sound on Tusk, and continued to be an obsession for Lindsey Buckingham on later hits such as ‘Big Love’, is glazed all over Before Today.

Drummond’s tale of Nicks bleaching out the world with her music in an anonymous Los Angeles studio isn’t just appropriate because of the obvious similarities in feel that Pink strives for on this album. Firstly, there’s the drugs. Nicks famously battled with cocaine in the mid Eighties, and while Pink has explicitly stated his fondness for softer drugs in the past (primarily weed, on ‘Gettin’ High in the Morning’) it’s not hard to imagine this album being made in a blizzard of white powder. That’s not to say it necessarily was constructed that way, but Pink is certainly mainlining Fleetwood Mac’s slanted coke-addled take on their soft rock sound from Tusk, which involved ripening songs with a fresh FM radio sheen and then testing their audience’s empathy via odd about-turns, unsettling moods, and a general feeling that Los Angeles had swallowed them whole and spat them out in the most unpleasant and self-destructive way imaginable.

Last edited by vivfox; 06-01-2010 at 10:51 AM..
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Watch PiL vs Beyonce vs Fleetwood Mac - 'Flowers of Romash'

Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Major tribute to Fleetwood Mac

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....4990328&ref=mf

and
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tommy-...04988006199737
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This guy is nuts!

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Hilarious.

And not a bad cover of Big Love.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Culch.ie » Blog Archive » Music News: Itteh Bitteh Hipster ...
By johnmfinn
Born of cults, suicide, prostitution, Fleetwood Mac and Texas; Girls are Christopher Owens, JR White and “the many arty outsiders who've become part of the Girls extended family.” You can test your hipster cred when they play The ...
Culch.ie - http://www.culch.ie/
Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vituperative: Christine McVie
By Vituperative
I honestly thought this was a Fleetwood Mac song...but I digress. I thought I'd admit I had some taste after the Ke$ha admission! Posted by Vituperative at 7:12 PM. Labels: music ...
Vituperative - http://vituperativeone.blogspot.com/
Old 06-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac
June 2,2010

A band with a long and convoluted history, Fleetwood Mac was originally conceived as a heavy blues outfit in the tradition of John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers. It wasn’t until Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie enlisted the services of soft-rock duo Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham that the band took on its definitive form. In Buckingham the band acquired a prodigious guitar talent and a gifted lyricist whose occasionally daffy sensibilities nicely complemented the tender intimacies of Nicks and McVie. Though incestuous liaisons within the group threatened to tear it apart, these also sparked some of the band’s greatest material. Witness Rumours, to this day one of the top ten best selling albums of all time. From the giddy, self-deprecating “Second Hand News” to the achingly beautiful “Gold Dust Woman,” the album is painfully intimate — and that’s precisely what gives it power. Though a pair of mediocre releases in the ’90s threatened to end the band’s career with a whimper, The Dance (1997) restored Buckingham and Nicks to the fold and dusted the cobwebs off Fleetwood Mac’s rich legacy.
- Chad Driscoll

http://jumpinganaconda.com/2010/06/fleetwood-mac/
Old 06-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Five Most Overrated Rock Bands/Artists Of All-Time | Land of Punt
By Ryan Hogan
Fleetwood Mac could launch an arena tour of America right now and sell out every show. They are one of the biggest bands from the 1970's, they've sold over 100 million albums throughout their career, and the lineup of Lindsey Buckingham ...
Land of Punt - http://landofpunt.com/