User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I agree, Sevie is not a bad person, she rather made some poor choices and/or never got over seing herself in the role of the victim in the B/N relationship.
And that's why I don't think they need to mend anything, nor should they even try. What for? At best, Stevie can finally lay this at rest now, 40 years too late. I would rather have them not commenting on each other ever again, it's so useless.
After hearing last weeks interviews I think this is not mainly about their relationship as a couple. Considering her package deal comments this is about her dismissing the role of Lindsey in her success. Everyone including Tom Petty has said Lindsey is the one who made her songs what they are. She apparently resents that she wouldn’t be in FM without him or as successful as she has been, without him. And that’s why I have no doubt she’ll try to record new FM album with Mike. She must hate all the stories out there that she cannot write music anymore and wants to put them to bed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
After hearing last weeks interviews I think this is not mainly about their relationship as a couple. Considering her package deal comments this is about her dismissing the role of Lindsey in her success. Everyone including Tom Petty has said Lindsey is the one who made her songs what they are. She apparently resents that she wouldn’t be in FM without him or as successful as she has been, without him. And that’s why I have no doubt she’ll try to record new FM album with Mike. She must hate all the stories out there that she cannot write music anymore and wants to put them to bed.
When we hear Desert Angel Parts II to IX Tom Petty will be proven right
Old 04-30-2018, 12:11 PM
Registered

I will not be surprised--heck, I think it will be very soon--that Stevie will decide to re-record every Fleetwood Mac single she wrote, from Rhiannon to Gypsy, just to prove to herself her music can stand without Lindsey's arrangements.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I still want to know how firing your musical partner and bandmate of 40+ years will somehow allow you to spend the next ten years happy, dancing around your apartment, slinging bullsh*t with your friend Karen. At the end lf the day, that cant be a good feeling.
Totally agree. She (and all of them) are going to regret this soon enough.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I will not be surprised--heck, I think it will be very soon--that Stevie will decide to re-record every Fleetwood Mac single she wrote, from Rhiannon to Gypsy, just to prove to herself her music can stand without Lindsey's arrangements.

except she can't. the songs are known by those arrangements, and if she totally did them differently (not just re-recording them, that would still be using his arrangements) people would compare them to the versions we know. so she's stuck with his fingerprints all over her work like it or not.

Remember, her truth-teller, Tom Petty, said in Lindsey's BTM that "they love each other but they REALLY hate each other"

The people who are pointing to Carol's book about LB's violent behavior need to read ALL of it and not just the parts that support their point of view., She also talks about Stevie pushing his buttons, and doing things knowingly to irritate him.

And if she really hated his work on her songs, she should have stopped collaborating with him on demos ad such a long, long time ago. She still relies on him and expects him to bail her out just because she asks him too. She's relied on the fact that he was still holding out for her to come back to him for so many years to get him to work with her, when she wanted to. It takes both people to make a relationship dysfunctional.

She's done similar with Mick...when she's mad at him she says things in the press, then when he's done what she's wanted she says they're "soul mates" and "best friends" and will be friends "forever" etc etc etc.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
BINGO Why do you think she re recorded Twister!? She's been playing all the songs on piano with her two fingers thinking they didn't need Lindsey. If you heard the Jimmy Iovine interview on Howard Stern, Jimmy gave a lot of credit to Lindsey.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She probably will regret it. But I honestly don't care.
well that's the thing... she really has not wanted to work with him for at least a decade now. it seems like making SYW was the last effort she was going to make and after that she just did NOT want to record with him again ever (except she turned to him for help with Soldier's Angel and talked about what a "great" experience it was.... but I honestly believe that was just her throwing a bone to the shippers. It was part of her marketing of her album. She's a very good soldier when it comes to getting out and really selling the public on her latest album/tour/whatever). Tours they can just avoid each other all day until show time, and stay in different hotels (so she can get her Presidential Suite, because "I demand it"). And she sleeps in and does her stuff and he wanders around the tour cities or whatever and it's minimal contact. But out of sheer stubborness about "I won't be the one to break up the band" she wouldn't just pull the plug, instead dragging her feet and making them wait. And let's face it, she likes the bragging rights of being in such a historic band.

So when something bad happens to one of them, and she plays the I'm-so-sad-he-was-my-soulmate thing.....she'll be expecting no one will remember all the things she's said. She's badmouthed him in the press far more than he has. And the need to compare herself to all the other women in his life "I was the one who was with him for all the RIGHT reasons... not for his money or his fame". Oy. It's like sometimes Gemini is code for split-personality.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
BINGO Why do you think she re recorded Twister!? .
of all the songs we didn't need 3 versions of.... taking the place of other, better songs......unless there weren't any
Old 04-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to mention what she did to "My Heart"...and didn't she have Mike Campbell re-work the track for IYD? I thought the original leaked version was way better.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well that's the thing... she really has not wanted to work with him for at least a decade now. it seems like making SYW was the last effort she was going to make and after that she just did NOT want to record with him again ever (except she turned to him for help with Soldier's Angel and talked about what a "great" experience it was.... but I honestly believe that was just her throwing a bone to the shippers. It was part of her marketing of her album. She's a very good soldier when it comes to getting out and really selling the public on her latest album/tour/whatever). Tours they can just avoid each other all day until show time, and stay in different hotels (so she can get her Presidential Suite, because "I demand it"). And she sleeps in and does her stuff and he wanders around the tour cities or whatever and it's minimal contact. But out of sheer stubborness about "I won't be the one to break up the band" she wouldn't just pull the plug, instead dragging her feet and making them wait. And let's face it, she likes the bragging rights of being in such a historic band.

So when something bad happens to one of them, and she plays the I'm-so-sad-he-was-my-soulmate thing.....she'll be expecting no one will remember all the things she's said. She's badmouthed him in the press far more than he has. And the need to compare herself to all the other women in his life "I was the one who was with him for all the RIGHT reasons... not for his money or his fame". Oy. It's like sometimes Gemini is code for split-personality.
Then she'll run around saying that actually Joe Walsh was the great love of her life NOT Lindsey. Freaking Oy. Are we all over her yet????
Old 04-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a quote from Jimmy Iovine attributed to Howard Stern. I went back and listened to the Howard /Jimmy interview and while he said something similar, saying how talented Lindsey was, he didn't say this:
"When I first started working with Stevie Nicks on her first solo record I was shocked on how reliant she was to Lindsey Buckingham for her music. Up to that point it was Lindsey who told her if a song she wrote sounded good, or bad. It was Lindsey who molded her material into songs, told her if a verse should be left in, or out. He would even change many of her original tempos to a different time signature. Even during the production of her first record she would second guess what I was doing, wondering if Lindsey would’ve done the same thing. I knew from that point onward I would have to do my best to adapt to become what Lindsey had been to her music to make it all work, yet not lose my own identity on how I made records myself. " Jimmy Iovine
Does anyone know where this is from?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This is a quote from Jimmy Iovine attributed to Howard Stern. I went back and listened to the Howard /Jimmy interview and while he said something similar, saying how talented Lindsey was, he didn't say this:
"When I first started working with Stevie Nicks on her first solo record I was shocked on how reliant she was to Lindsey Buckingham for her music. Up to that point it was Lindsey who told her if a song she wrote sounded good, or bad. It was Lindsey who molded her material into songs, told her if a verse should be left in, or out. He would even change many of her original tempos to a different time signature. Even during the production of her first record she would second guess what I was doing, wondering if Lindsey would’ve done the same thing. I knew from that point onward I would have to do my best to adapt to become what Lindsey had been to her music to make it all work, yet not lose my own identity on how I made records myself. " Jimmy Iovine
Does anyone know where this is from?
Its from the Howard Stern show and the entire show was posted here not long ago. Jimmy stated he was hesitant to be Stevie's producer because he was no Lindsey Buckingham. This is the interview when Stevie used to hide in Jimmy's basement when Tom Petty came over. Tom did not want him working with other artists.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well that's the thing... she really has not wanted to work with him for at least a decade now. it seems like making SYW was the last effort she was going to make and after that she just did NOT want to record with him again ever (except she turned to him for help with Soldier's Angel and talked about what a "great" experience it was.... but I honestly believe that was just her throwing a bone to the shippers
I don't think that was really the thing with Soldier's Angel/IYD album. She actually didn't even talk much about that song in press for it and it was never a single. What she did say about having Lindsey on the album was pretty brief and simple. I think that during that album, working with Dave Stewart, she was in her most perfect happy Stevie land. She probably could have brought her klonopin doctor in and they would've had a blast. I watched/listened to a bunch of interviews of Stevie during that time and she was probably the happiest she'd been in a looong time and hasn't been that happy since. Making that album was really a dream for her.
Which is why I REALLY want to know what the heck happened with Dave Stewart. Why does it seem like their working relationship is totally dead? Maybe if she worked with him again like that she would be happier.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't think that was really the thing with Soldier's Angel/IYD album. She actually didn't even talk much about that song in press for it and it was never a single. What she did say about having Lindsey on the album was pretty brief and simple. I think that during that album, working with Dave Stewart, she was in her most perfect happy Stevie land. She probably could have brought her klonopin doctor in and they would've had a blast. I watched/listened to a bunch of interviews of Stevie during that time and she was probably the happiest she'd been in a looong time and hasn't been that happy since. Making that album was really a dream for her.
Which is why I REALLY want to know what the heck happened with Dave Stewart. Why does it seem like their working relationship is totally dead? Maybe if she worked with him again like that she would be happier.
Kinda the same with Sheryl. They were best buddies and then that faded out, even before the "join FM" debacle. There was a phase when she and Courtney Love and Billy Corgan were best buds, then that passed too.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Kinda the same with Sheryl. They were best buddies and then that faded out, even before the "join FM" debacle. There was a phase when she and Courtney Love and Billy Corgan were best buds, then that passed too.
I guess you can't stay in touch with everyone, however with Sheryl last year they recorded a song together for her upcoming duets album.