User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
he's just adamant and passionate about his beliefs...
So are Christian fundamentalists. And they are some of the most annoying and infuritating people on the planet, or at least in my world, which has a slew of them.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Read Entertainment Weekly lately? His beliefs are apparently based on misinformation. He claims that Carl Jung was a Nazi and that psychiatry is "a Nazi science."
I hadn't heard that. F*cking moron.

(Sorry. I'm in a bad mood tonight if you can't tell. )
Old 06-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I hadn't heard that. F*cking moron.

(Sorry. I'm in a bad mood tonight if you can't tell. )
It's okay. I'm sure you've never had to deal with the pain of hiding your supergayness.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's okay. I'm sure you've never had to deal with the pain of hiding your supergayness.

Okay, you are being UBER sarcastic, right?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Okay, you are being UBER sarcastic, right?
No.
I think he should be cut some slack.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hiding his queeniness has nothing to do with his uninformed and idiotic statements about prescription drugs and psychiatry.

Old 06-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No.
I think he should be cut some slack.
I thought you were saying that sarcastically because I have had to hide my homosexuality for years and still am hiding it from many people.

But then I guess you weren't thinking about it like that because you think he's straight. You and my brother. My brother also doesn't think he's a homophobe and that he's only fairly ignorant (not completely and utterly ignorant) for his comments on mental illness.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hiding his queeniness has nothing to do with his uninformed and idiotic statements about prescription drugs and psychiatry.
If I can just remind you that it was not that long ago when you were preaching that Rx drugs were bad, evil, and that you were loathe to take them, etc. How is what Tom Cruise said any different than that. I think he was pointing out the over use of them rather than the effect they have. I say on MSNBC tonight that 80% of those in psychotherapy are also given drugs - that is scary.

But, I do think Mr. Cruise has no business even alluding to being a doctor.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought you were saying that sarcastically because I have had to hide my homosexuality for years and still am hiding it from many people.

But then I guess you weren't thinking about it like that because you think he's straight. You and my brother. My brother also doesn't think he's a homophobe and that he's only fairly ignorant (not completely and utterly ignorant) for his comments on mental illness.
No, I think he's gay. That's what I was saying. I think he is having a hard time. I thought you might understand that aspect. I disagree with his points about medication and mental illness. But I do not think he should be universally villified for his recent behavior.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
If I can just remind you that it was not that long ago when you were preaching that Rx drugs were bad, evil, and that you were loathe to take them, etc. How is what Tom Cruise said any different than that. I think he was pointing out the over use of them rather than the effect they have. I say on MSNBC tonight that 80% of those in psychotherapy are also given drugs - that is scary.

Right. I think he is wrong about allluding to be a doctor, but I think he is just expressing what he believes, and, lo, many people think taking prescription drugs is wrong.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I think he's gay. That's what I was saying. I think he is having a hard time. I thought you might understand that aspect. I disagree with his points about medication and mental illness. But I do not think he should be universally villified for his recent behavior.

I think many people love to attack him because they cannot stand his success - whatever. I think he is okay and I like his movies. I also think that 99.9% of the time he is great with his fans and goes out of his way to make them feel special. That he may have grabbed the guy who sprayed water in his face, well who here would have just walked away without comment. I suggest none of us would have do so. So, I cannot really fauly him for that.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Have you watched the entire video? It doesn't sound like it and your interpretation of what he's saying does not gell with the Church of Scientology one bit. My views on prescription drugs couldn't be more different than his. He thinks they're completely evil and that psychiatry is wrong, which is the foundation of Scientology. I do not. I think that prescription drugs do help people, but I also think that the drug industry practically forcefeeds them to make money and also keeps people sick in order for them to keep taking the drugs. I don't take them and it's my choice. Unlike him, I'm not oblivious to the fact that many drugs work and help people. If I agree with anyone, it's Matt Lauer.

Last edited by dissention; 06-24-2005 at 11:10 PM..
Old 06-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I do not think he should be universally villified for his recent behavior.
No, I think he should be villified for his statements regarding Scientology, psychiatry, and anti-depressants. The stuff he's saying is dangerous. Telling people to take vitamins and exercise instead of getting professional help? Give me a ****ing break.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think many people love to attack him because they cannot stand his success - whatever. I think he is okay and I like his movies. I also think that 99.9% of the time he is great with his fans and goes out of his way to make them feel special. That he may have grabbed the guy who sprayed water in his face, well who here would have just walked away without comment. I suggest none of us would have do so. So, I cannot really fauly him for that.
I agree. And I think that people faulting him right now is in exorbitant proportion to what he has actually been, throughout the scope of his life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissention
Have you watched the entire video? It doesn't sound like it and your interpretation of what he's saying does not gell with the Church of Scientology one bit. My views on prescription drugs couldn't be more different than his. He thinks they're completely evil and that psychiatry is wrong, which is the foundation of Scientology. I do not. I think that prescription drugs do help people, but I also think that the drug industry practically forcefeeds them to make money and also keeps people sick in order for them to keep taking the drugs. I don't take them and it's my choice. Unlike him, I'm not oblivious to the fact that many drugs work and help people.
I have not seen the video, I dl'd flashplayer 7, but it still would not let me watch. I disagree, though, with his religious points, for the most part. but I do not think TC is Evil. I think the reaction to what he is doing is "way out of proportion"

Old 06-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the reaction to what he is doing is "way out of proportion"
I don't think the reaction to his statements regarding Scientology and psychiatric medicine is strong enough, personally. I don't understand why people are outraged over his Oprah appearance and his water incident and not this stuff. He's pushing a cult down the throats of millions and passing it off as a religion all the while, and simultaneously condemning the kind of professional treatment that helps people all over the world. It's disgusting.