Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/

ST. LOUIS - As many fast-food chains introduce healthier fare amid fears of being sued, Hardee’s is introducing a hamburger with 1,420 calories and 107 grams of fat.

St. Louis-based Hardee’s Food Systems Inc. on Monday rolled out its Monster Thickburger — two 1/3-pound slabs of Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun. The sandwich alone sells for $5.49, $7.09 with fries and a soda.
since Hardee's no longer have a market in Oklahoma (Replaced with Carl's Jr.) I wont have to worry about destroying my arteries (Or my esophagus for that matter...Still having ongoing problems)

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Dammit.

*goes to work out*

I am a junk food junkie...just started working out....again (sigh...) last Monday three times a week. WHY can't I like healthy food...WHY GOD, WHY!?!?!?!?!?
I just started to work out a few weeks ago -- walking an hour a day two or three days a week. And I stopped eating sugar entirely. I lived on apples, bananas, juice, salads, and oatmeal. And I felt better, I had tons of energy, I felt like I was losing weight (even though I hadn't), and I couldn't sleep at all. Not one wink. I would toss and turn for five hours and I'd get up on my own. I started eating sugar again this weekend and guess what? I can sleep. I seriously don't get it. Has this happened to anyone else?

a bell is not a bell until you ring it.
a song is not a song until you sing it.
love wasn't put in your heart to stay.
love isn't love until you give it away.

when life hands you lemons, stick them down your bra and make your boobs bigger
Old 11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Man now when I'm eating at McDonald's I'll feel like I'm eating health food

But on the weight disscussion, I have been battling my weight and health forever. I'm actually pretty good at working ot. It's a great excuse to blast Fleetwood Mac, but I just don't have that healthy people ability to eat healthy. And dieting is against my religion (calm down Dissention just a figure a speech, there's no food religion ) I can't help it I LOVE food. And fatty unhelathy foods preferably. I WISH I liked vegetables but I really don't. I eat brocali occasionly and am a mushroom and onion fan, but the only place for salad is on a Cheesburger

And I've got a question. How healthy is Chinese Food. It's my absolute favorite type of food. And I've heard mixed reviews from people on how healthy it is. People say they cook with tons of olil, but I've also heard it's a healthy oil.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogirl04
I just started to work out a few weeks ago -- walking an hour a day two or three days a week. And I stopped eating sugar entirely. I lived on apples, bananas, juice, salads, and oatmeal. And I felt better, I had tons of energy, I felt like I was losing weight (even though I hadn't), and I couldn't sleep at all. Not one wink. I would toss and turn for five hours and I'd get up on my own. I started eating sugar again this weekend and guess what? I can sleep. I seriously don't get it. Has this happened to anyone else?
You should never eat very much fruit or drink very juice if you're trying to lose weight; they're loaded with sugar, which turn into carbs, which turn into fat on your rear-end. I would suggest dieting by eating lots of salad (no tomato) and greens, lots of nuts (pistachios, cashews, etc.), block cheese (Cracker Barrel), and low-fat sandwich meats. When I first started dieting, I would cut off a chunk of cheese, wrap it in low-fat ham or turkey, and then wrap it in a big piece of lettuce. Make four or five and you'll be stuffed, especially once your body gets used to it after a few days. That's what I had for breakfast and lunch. Eat lean hamburgers (no bread or ketchup, but with cheese), turkey bacon (if you cook it in the microwave, 60% of the fat is zapped out), stuff like that. The whole point is to eat fat, but to eat GOOD fats, stay away from lots of saturated fats (the nuts are loaded with good fats). NEVER go on a fruit diet!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
And I've got a question. How healthy is Chinese Food. It's my absolute favorite type of food. And I've heard mixed reviews from people on how healthy it is. People say they cook with tons of olil, but I've also heard it's a healthy oil.
Healthy oil?! They use vegetable oil and peanut oil. I love Chinese food, too, but it's pure fat. And if your Chinese place uses MSG, you're in even more trouble!

Old 11-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You should never eat very much fruit or drink very juice if you're trying to lose weight; they're loaded with sugar, which turn into carbs, which turn into fat on your rear-end. I would suggest dieting by eating lots of salad (no tomato) and greens, lots of nuts (pistachios, cashews, etc.), block cheese (Cracker Barrel), and low-fat sandwich meats. When I first started dieting, I would cut off a chunk of cheese, wrap it in low-fat ham or turkey, and then wrap it in a big piece of lettuce. Make four or five and you'll be stuffed, especially once your body gets used to it after a few days. That's what I had for breakfast and lunch. Eat lean hamburgers (no bread or ketchup, but with cheese), turkey bacon (if you cook it in the microwave, 60% of the fat is zapped out), stuff like that. The whole point is to eat fat, but to eat GOOD fats, stay away from lots of saturated fats (the nuts are loaded with good fats). NEVER go on a fruit diet!!!!!!!!!!
ITA - this is how I lost a whole bunch of weight.

Fortunately, I LOVE salads, esp. a chef's salad, which Publix (grocery store) makes for like $3.99. It has chunks of ham and turkey and chunks of swiss and cheddar cheeses (I take out the tomatoes and olives). They also make a grilled chicken Ceasar salad for about the same price. I have gotten to where I can eat them without dressing - but Paul Newman's Oil and Vinegar is not that bad for you in that it is made with all natural ingredients and as long as you do not put half of the bottle in one salad you should be okay. Finally, if fast food is what ya want, Subway makes a low carb wrap that is fab.

I also found that if I do not mix cocktails with juices like cranberry juice or with leaded sodas like Coke and instead use soda with lemon, I can cut a whole bunch of unecessary carbs that way. I also like just soda with lemon and there are new flavored sodas with 0 calories emerging into the market - the mandarian orange one is GREAT!!!!!

Food for thought

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I also like just soda with lemon and there are new flavored sodas with 0 calories emerging into the market - the mandarian orange one is GREAT!!!!!

Food for thought
Which soda makes mandaran orange flavor? That sounds yummy!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I think it is Poland Springs or something like that. It has a green label anbd is usually by the tonic and club soda in the gricery store. It is FAB.!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it is Poland Springs or something like that. It has a green label anbd is usually by the tonic and club soda in the gricery store. It is FAB.!!!!!!
I like the cheap carbonated and flavored water that's really sweet. No carbs, no calories, no sugar, no aspartame! Only Splenda.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
When I hear mandarin orange, I immediately think of Absolut!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I like the cheap carbonated and flavored water that's really sweet. No carbs, no calories, no sugar, no aspartame! Only Splenda.
I do not like the way Splenda tastes

But, I think this Poland Springs stuff has no artificial sweetner. I am unsure though. They also have Rasberry-Lime and Lemon flavors. They say it is a natural essence of fruit - whatever that means

Old 11-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not like the way Splenda tastes
Hey, it's better than sugar and tastes better than Sweet and Low. I'm all set.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mind sweet and low at all - in fact I enjoy it.....and LOVE LOVE LOVE diet coke, diet Cherry COke and Diet Dr. Pepper....I'm totally hooked on these beverages....have had to cut down to one a day otherwise I'd have an IV of the stuff constantly going...

I don't mind Splenda either - but still prefer the bad for ya aspartame...

The week I stopped drinking regular sodas (non-diet) I dropped five pounds....it's bad stuff

I don't drink juices - BUT I can't seem to cut back on the carbs....I will NEVEr go on a no carb diet...probably not even low carb - but I absolutely need to cut back....
Old 11-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I don't mind sweet and low at all - in fact I enjoy it.....and LOVE LOVE LOVE diet coke, diet Cherry COke and Diet Dr. Pepper....I'm totally hooked on these beverages....have had to cut down to one a day otherwise I'd have an IV of the stuff constantly going...

I don't mind Splenda either - but still prefer the bad for ya aspartame...

The week I stopped drinking regular sodas (non-diet) I dropped five pounds....it's bad stuff

I don't drink juices - BUT I can't seem to cut back on the carbs....I will NEVEr go on a no carb diet...probably not even low carb - but I absolutely need to cut back....
I'm with you. Yesterday I had a low carb lunch and by 2 my mental capacity was zero. My whole body was screaming EAT SOME SUGAR!!! My mood was also low. Did this happen to those of you who have done low-carb diets? If so, how long did it take to pass? I think this is my biggest road block because I eat fairly healthy and go to the gym often. I also walk to work which is 3 miles a day total. But it's those damn seductive carbs that are getting me. I'm an addict!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Carbs in and of themselves are not "evil". There are, however, bad carbs and good carbs. Bad carbs are white sugar, white flour, white rice, white pasta and basically anything processed. Fruits are not necessarily bad for you as they contain many nutrients and antioxidants, as well as fiber. Fruit juices are not good for you overall. They contain too much sugar and the fiber is processed out of it. Fructose (the sugars found in fruit) processes through your body more slowly than sucrose (white sugar), so it doesn't cause the blood sugar spikes that sucrose does.

I heard on the news last night that someone (I didn't hear who) just completed a nine year study of low fat vs. low carb diets. Low carb diets caused the most early weight loss, but after nine years almost all the people doing low carb had regained the weight, where far fewer low fat people regained the weight.

And one other thing....Curtis, you are probably not eating enough to build enough muscle mass effectively. You need more calories than you are currently getting. Just make them "good" calories. If you don't enough your body will think it's starving and start breaking down muscle to get nutrients.

Former personal trainer here, if you're wondering...or even if you're not!

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."