Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Thanks for the heart attack.
HAHA.. I know Vanassa.. but at least it's a GOOD heart attack, right?

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But in that quote all she says is that they are meeting in January to decide what to do. Am I missing something?

"When we're on the road, we barely have time to go and have a meal, let alone write new material. But in January we'll have a meeting and decide what to do."

Are all the other media reports just quoting this as their source? Mick Fleetwood in The Sun interview from last week just said he hoped it would happen. It sounds like nothing is confirmed to me, just that they are talking about it and to be fair they've been talking about it for a long time.
Hey Sharon..

I can't share with you who my source is, but it's a very RELIABLE inside source who did "confirm" this was going to happen for sure! They will be getting it all together when they get home in January..

Old 10-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm reading clips from News now, the Irish Examiner, Virgin Media, etc.

It's funny to me how all the headlines are saying Fleetwood Mac plans to release a new album and all Stevie says that they're going to meet to talk about it in January. It's not like she said they were going into the studio in January. This is how rumours get started.

Michele
I agree, I see Vivfox has posted other articles using the same quote. It's the same source they are all getting the story from. Plus, in that quote she says that haven't even had time to write new material, so really they are going to meet in January to discuss whether it's worth writing new material if they do decide to make one.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
Hey Sharon..

I can't share with you who my source is, but it's a very RELIABLE inside source who did "confirm" this was going to happen for sure! They will be getting it all together when they get home in January..
I'm still not convinced Arlene, a lot can happen in three months! I'll only believe it when I hear they've actually gone into the studio
Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, I see Vivfox has posted other articles using the same quote. It's the same source they are all getting the story from. Plus, in that quote she says that haven't even had time to write new material, so really they are going to meet in January to discuss whether it's worth writing new material if they do decide to make one.
Actually there were materials that were already written for Say You Will that didn't get to make the cut to that album, so there's already material to add.. And it's more than a meet up to discuss whether it's "WORTH" doing... It's definitely a meetup, from what I understood, to decide what all is going in the new album, and when it's to be done, etc.. along with other details.. it already has the "green light" status..

Old 10-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm still not convinced Arlene, a lot can happen in three months! I'll only believe it when I hear they've actually gone into the studio
Hey Sharon..

Actually, it's been told to me by a very reliable inside source of their camp, and I can definitely assure you, it's going to happen... If I wouldn't have heard from the person what I did, I'd be with you... but it was definitely confirmed by a inside source, and now, out in the media by a lot of different sources, so my gut feeling says it's going to happen for sure!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
Actually there were materials that were already written for Say You Will that didn't get to make the cut to that album, so there's already material to add.. And it's more than a meet up to discuss whether it's "WORTH" doing... It's definitely a meetup, from what I understood, to decide what all is going in the new album, and when it's to be done, etc.. along with other details.. it already has the "green light" status..
Stevie was quoted months ago as saying she and Lindsey had plenty of material for a new album, if they didn't write on the road.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Stevie was quoted months ago as saying she and Lindsey had plenty of material for a new album, if they didn't write on the road.
Yes she was! And she also had said that there was a lot that didn't make the SYW album as well..

Old 10-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I might smack them both in the face if they end up just using old SYW tracks that got axed. If neither of them were actually happy with the album and they still turn to use the old material, I feel like they're just taking the easy path so they can get an album done with less effort and then call it a day. As said in the Destiny Rules Doc, Stevie was writing with old Fleetwood Mac in mind while the oters (read: Lindsey) were trying to stop "being [them]selves." They need to establish what they actually want in an album-- not the old Mac, not something totally different-- and write with the SAME band in mind.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I might smack them both in the face if they end up just using old SYW tracks that got axed. If neither of them were actually happy with the album and they still turn to use the old material, I feel like they're just taking the easy path so they can get an album done with less effort and then call it a day. As said in the Destiny Rules Doc, Stevie was writing with old Fleetwood Mac in mind while the oters (read: Lindsey) were trying to stop "being [them]selves." They need to establish what they actually want in an album-- not the old Mac, not something totally different-- and write with the SAME band in mind.
Dani, a lot of that is just bunk. Come on - Stevie isn't going to put her name on something she doesn't want out. She scrapped the entire RAL album to re-do it, held up the release, etc. I think when she starts spouting that stuff about SYW, there's more than meets the eye going on. She may be mad about other stuff... but when it first came out she was singing its praises, and how great their album was and how great this and that and Lindsey was the love of her life - blah, blah, blah... So, uh-uh, Mama. Ain't buying it. That album was stellar and she knows it.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dani, a lot of that is just bunk. Come on - Stevie isn't going to put her name on something she doesn't want out. She scrapped the entire RAL album to re-do it, held up the release, etc. I think when she starts spouting that stuff about SYW, there's more than meets the eye going on. She may be mad about other stuff... but when it first came out she was singing its praises, and how great their album was and how great this and that and Lindsey was the love of her life - blah, blah, blah... So, uh-uh, Mama. Ain't buying it. That album was stellar and she knows it.
Eh, I think she liked HER parts of it... not so sure about Lindsey's. I donno, its definitely an interesting issue to consider. Either way, I think that they should focus on making completely new material and refer to the SYW era stuff after they've established what they want for an entirely new project.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eh, I think she liked HER parts of it... not so sure about Lindsey's. I donno, its definitely an interesting issue to consider. Either way, I think that they should focus on making completely new material and refer to the SYW era stuff after they've established what they want for an entirely new project.

It's not so "compartmentalized" to them, to borrow a term from Lindsey. It's not "SYW" songs vs. "new" material. Anything that hasn't been recorded and finalized to them would be "new". Ya know? (And technically to us as well.)

I'm sure it will all mesh out accordingly.

Oh...and might I add she sure sang the hell out of some harmony on Lindsey's songs...
Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not so "compartmentalized" to them, to borrow a term from Lindsey. It's not "SYW" songs vs. "new" material. Anything that hasn't been recorded and finalized to them would be "new". Ya know? (And technically to us as well.)

I'm sure it will all mesh out accordingly.

Oh...and might I add she sure sang the hell out of some harmony on Lindsey's songs...
I donno, I just have issues with the inconsistency of SYW. It just feels like a bunch of solo work put into one album to me. I LOVE almost every track on the entire thing but as an album, it feels a bit.... well, almost discordant at times, IMO.

My point is, though, that most of Lindsey's stuff for SYW was already recorded when they first went into the studio. They added Stevie's vocals and that was it. I agree-- if the material we're talking about from SYW has only been roughly worked with, then it is totally fair game and I'd love to see it. But I also think that they recorded enough songs for a double album and a lot of stuff got scratched, meaning they have some songs that are basically complete.... I don't know if I want to see those unless they actually fit and aren't just kinda forced in.

I'm sure Stevie loves some of Lindsey's tracks on the album. Every one? No. And I don't think she'd pin any of her dissatisfaction on SYW as a project (tour and studio) on just the album itself if there wasn't some truth to it.... I just don't see why she'd bring it on the album itself if her issues really were totally elsewhere.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I donno, I just have issues with the inconsistency of SYW. It just feels like a bunch of solo work put into one album to me. I LOVE almost every track on the entire thing but as an album, it feels a bit.... well, almost discordant at times, IMO.

My point is, though, that most of Lindsey's stuff for SYW was already recorded when they first went into the studio. They added Stevie's vocals and that was it. I agree-- if the material we're talking about from SYW has only been roughly worked with, then it is totally fair game and I'd love to see it. But I also think that they recorded enough songs for a double album and a lot of stuff got scratched, meaning they have some songs that are basically complete.... I don't know if I want to see those unless they actually fit and aren't just kinda forced in.

I'm sure Stevie loves some of Lindsey's tracks on the album. Every one? No. And I don't think she'd pin any of her dissatisfaction on SYW as a project (tour and studio) on just the album itself if there wasn't some truth to it.... I just don't see why she'd bring it on the album itself if her issues really were totally elsewhere.
I see your point about SYW, I just don't believe the majority of LB's songs were meant for a solo album. They knew back to "The Dance" they were doing another album. Stevie is on video saying that. I read an interview of Lindsey's today where he admitted only a couple of songs from SYW was he thinking of saving for solo. I just don't think they throw things together quite so haphazardly as they sometimes like to paint in the press.

Reason? It makes for great press to be able to talk sh** about each other, the dissatisfaction, etc. Why would Stevie bitch about the album and not about the real issues? Because it's stuff she can't/won't mention in public...so, she gets her point across another way...it's a game.

But, you're right - she didn't like "Come" and she didn't sing on it. But, Lindsey made a point of saying she "left the stage" when he did it on tour. Well, duh - she wasn't singing!

I guess SYW does feel a little disjointed, but I tend to think all the albums after Rumours feel that way. Plus, if Stevie sequenced it, as she always likes to point out that she does, then I feel she puts thought into the overall concept. Eh - JMO.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But in that quote all she says is that they are meeting in January to decide what to do. Am I missing something?

"When we're on the road, we barely have time to go and have a meal, let alone write new material. But in January we'll have a meeting and decide what to do."

Are all the other media reports just quoting this as their source?
Yes. There were three more I didn't even bother posting because they all say the same thing.