Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

dissention and David, I hear what you're saying... but the stuff we have tends to be 2nd or 3rd generation copies, or lossy mp3s, and none of it is professionally remastered for the best possible sound quality... which is why I'll be excited to have these.

Still, you're both right... the amount of material the fans have made available to each other will be hard, if not completely impossible, for Rhino or anyone else to ever match!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Lindsey's been mixing a live album of the Chicago show with Mark Needham at a place in Malibu. He's scheduled to continue mixing tomorrow (Friday) night.

You never know whether a project will get canned -- particularly if it's Lindsey's -- but at this point we can probably expect a live album from that Soundstage gig.
WOO FREAKIN HOO!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew

Still, you're both right... the amount of material the fans have made available to each other will be hard, if not completely impossible, for Rhino or anyone else to ever match!
What's exciting is that now EVERY fan, not just a lucky few, will have access to these great-sounding demos.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Very true...

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
What's exciting is that now EVERY fan, not just a lucky few, will have access to these great-sounding demos.
and that's what is the great part, EVERYONE will finally have these tracks!!!

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-23-2004, 03:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, such great news. This is going to be a great year of music for me. Incubus releasing a new album, and so much Fleetwood Mac releases... ahh it is going to be music to my ears! And a dent in my wallet...... but i'm not complaining!

21 extra tusk tracks? and many other extras? what a dream come true! I don't care if I have any of them downloaded, to have them in excellent quality and on a "quality" cd would be great, I am going to buy the reissues as soon as I can get them.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Blue Letter

Quote:
1975’ FLEETWOOD MAC, the realigned band’s #1 debut album, is a quintuple-platinum smash! Original track listing now expanded with bonus single versions of the hits “”Say You Love Me,” “Rhiannon,” “Over My Head,” and “Blue Letter.”
Was Blue Letter actually a single anywhere? Or was that a typo?
Old 01-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Blue Letter

Quote:
1975’ FLEETWOOD MAC, the realigned band’s #1 debut album, is a quintuple-platinum smash! Original track listing now expanded with bonus single versions of the hits “”Say You Love Me,” “Rhiannon,” “Over My Head,” and “Blue Letter.”
Quote:
Originally posted by SpyNote
Was Blue Letter actually a single anywhere? Or was that a typo?
It was released as the b-side to "Warm Ways" (can you believe that was a single?!) in the UK, but as far as I know, it wasn't released as an a-side anywhere.

I'm wondering if it was intended to be the fourth US single from 'Fleetwood Mac,' and was remixed to that end, but was then abandoned when Warner/Reprise realized they could start pushing a song from the new album instead ("Say You Love Me" was released in June 1976, and then "Go Your Own Way" was released in December).

Maybe those "extensive new liner notes" will offer an explanation!

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-23-2004 at 04:20 AM..
Old 01-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still hoping they put together a Led Zep type DVD. There's obviously footage of them from each tour somewhere on tape... Stuff that most of us haven't even seen.

BTW... These reports keep saying Rumours is the 6th biggest seller of all time... I'm pretty sure that figure comes from the sales in America, as opposed to Worldwide, where I think it's about 4th, and that's with The Eagles Greatest Hits included (which shouldn't really count).

Can anyone confirm that? I've been looking for worldwide sales all over the net for loads of albums, but only ever find the American sales figures.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Will the release be worldwide ?
Will
Old 01-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Bumperke....

I can only hope that I might be able to buy the reissues here within a month of the US release.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
WOO FREAKIN HOO!!!!!!!!!!
I'll say! A Live Studio Album of the Lindsey Soundstage show? Murrow, Red Rover, etc, live? In Dance-quality presentation??

I think this is pushing me into overload!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the info David.

Hopefully the album would be on top of a DVD, because I swore I read a while ago that the Soundtage specials usually get released on DVD anyway. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Blue Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
...("Say You Love Me" was released in June 1976, and then "Go Your Own Way" was released in December).
DECEMBER?!?! I could've sworn I bought it in October (just a couple of weeks after my semester started; and, right after I had just started working in a record store).
Old 01-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
because I have been able to amass a large amount of "unreleased" music in only a few years of trading...So unless they have something BURIED way deep in the vaults I dont think we'll be that surprised by the extra material.
Quote:
Quote:
Don't mean to snipe at you guys, but we should probably make the point that the best part of this whole thing is that all these "tracks that have been around forever and are no big deal or no surprise" etc. etc. etc. will now finally be legally available.

That seems pretty cool to me.

~Jamie
Old 01-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

>>> I am SO looking forward to March as this will complete my collection of “legal” Fleetwood Mac releases!!!......

I’m one who thought the group's vocal abilities weren’t at their apex in the ‘70s. Just so these future reissues won’t be abundantly supplied with superfluous garbage................

If so, I’ll be the first to post “I GOT TOOK!”