User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Just as long as she's not wearing Uggs. And for some reason, I'll bet Mama has a pair in every color.
i was gonna comment on that yesterday
i think that would be pretty funny
she SHOULD bring them out one day
but not with a dress

DigYourGrave: if Mama started doing pirouettes on stage, then she might really bust her hip but i still vote for the ballet flats they'd go with her 'rhiannon' outfit
Old 03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=skcin;806565]Why would there be "no Stevie Nicks?" Peolple have hips replaced all the time, it's not like they're not bedridden afterwards.[QUOTE]

Yes they do, but how long until they recover, fully? There would be no Stevie Nicks for that period of time. Many people do become less active, and some BEDRIDDEN. Hip replacements are not easy to bounce back from. They take a lot, and Stevie is tired. I believe my original comment was based on her having an accident, as well. If she fell and really hurt herself it would take a very long time to get her back to where she needs to be.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=kennation;806612][QUOTE=skcin;806565]Why would there be "no Stevie Nicks?" Peolple have hips replaced all the time, it's not like they're not bedridden afterwards.
Quote:

Yes they do, but how long until they recover, fully? There would be no Stevie Nicks for that period of time. Many people do become less active, and some BEDRIDDEN. Hip replacements are not easy to bounce back from. They take a lot, and Stevie is tired. I believe my original comment was based on her having an accident, as well. If she fell and really hurt herself it would take a very long time to get her back to where she needs to be.
I'm a big ballet fan and I can name several dancers in their 40's and 50's who have had to one or both hips replaced due to the constant wear and tear on their joints. While Stevie wasn't dancing on that kind of level, she has spent years in those super high heels so who knows what damage she's done to herself long-term.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be*

*Quote attributed to Carrie 721
i think "the old grey gourd just ain't what she used to be" would work too.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie seemed to be walking fine at Mohegan Sun Show on Saturday and I had a straight full view of the stage
Old 03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Everyone is talking like Stevie has a day job and clunks around in these platforms for 9-10 hours a day. I'm sure you would have foot/leg problems if you did wear them that much - but she's not wearing these boots all day and all night 24/7. She's on stage for 2.5 hours a show - roughly 15 shows a month (when on tour). When not on tour, I doubt very much she's wearing these at all unless she's making some sort of public appearance and even then she's been seen in footwear other then these boots... If Stevie looks wobbly on the boots, I think it's because she doesn't wear them enough, she's likely not used to maneuvering around in them like she used to.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

She looked great in Rochester tonight. She was dancing in many of the songs and spinning and doing some moves with Lindsey. Seems like if there was a problem, shes over it or hiding it amazingly well.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:55 AM

I feel bad for her that she is limited in movement... her stage presentation was pretty unique and interesting in the old days... I agree, I don't want to find out what I can't do at age 60... I'm sure it won't be pretty... Hence, I do admire that she can get up there and perform...

I don't think she sounds all that good, but I do admire her getting up that and doing it...
Old 03-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
Quote:
Why would there be "no Stevie Nicks?" Peolple have hips replaced all the time, it's not like they're not bedridden afterwards.
About 6-8 weeks. Unless the person is elderly or in very poor health, it's not that big a deal anymore & hasn't been for some time. People are up walking within 1-2 days, home in 2-3 days & resuming most normal activity within 6 weeks. Stevie's 60, not 90.

High kicks? Probably not. Dancing around the stage like she does now? Absolutely, withing a few months post-op. I think the world could deal with "no Stevie Nicks!" for that amount of time, don't you?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
About 6-8 weeks. Unless the person is elderly or in very poor health, it's not that big a deal anymore & hasn't been for some time. People are up walking within 1-2 days, home in 2-3 days & resuming most normal activity within 6 weeks. Stevie's 60, not 90.

High kicks? Probably not. Dancing around the stage like she does now? Absolutely, withing a few months post-op. I think the world could deal with "no Stevie Nicks!" for that amount of time, don't you?
You have all the answers. No one will ever be able to say anything different. There are no other opinions, but your own.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just can't believe with all her money she can't get someone to design her a pair of comfortable boots?? Because, you're right, those Frankenboks are the UGLIEST shoes ever made.
Certainly she could get on the phone to Christian Louboutin and have him design the most fab pair of ortho platforms ever. He'd probably be down for it.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I feel bad for her that she is limited in movement... her stage presentation was pretty unique and interesting in the old days... I agree, I don't want to find out what I can't do at age 60... I'm sure it won't be pretty... Hence, I do admire that she can get up there and perform...

I don't think she sounds all that good, but I do admire her getting up that and doing it...
It's funny how an entire multipage thread can center exclusively on Stevie & her age & express concern exclusively for her fragility & the strenuousness of her sacrifices for us fans. McVie & Fleetwood are about Stevie's age, too. John keeps a heavy bass strapped around his neck all night, & Mick has to hit & kick his drums. (Some of you may not be aware of the fact that a drummer uses his whole body to drum -- legs, arms, shoulders, back, torso. It's a real workout.)

I say let's feel concern for all of them (or none at all). Imagine the damage to the band if Mick gets bad arthritis or some other degenerative problem with his muscles, ligaments, tendons, or bones. His drumming days -- at least for a 2.5-hour rock concert in a cavernous arena -- could very well be over.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
You have all the answers. No one will ever be able to say anything different. There are no other opinions, but your own.
Those aren't opinions, it's medical data. Sorry you disagree. I can provide links if you'd like, in addition to my experience as a medical professional. All I was trying to do is assure you that Stevie wouldn't be ruined, or "no more," or even out of commission for very long if she does ever need a hip replacement. Sorry that my reassurance has upset you.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But they're ugly, Sharon. UGLY. UGLY & FUGLY & GUGGLY. They are cruddy & shluddy & shlumpy. They are bloody ****ing ugly. It isn't that they're ugly on Stevie -- it's that they're UGLY. Why should someone of any age -- 60, 50, 40, 15 -- wear such monstrously ugly footwear? Surely that woman with all her shopping & traveling can find attractive stage footwear.

No one -- not even the fanatical people who chastised the rest of us for wanting Stevie in the old boots at the risk of her own comfort & safety -- ever said the frankenbock footwear was PRETTY. The only support it ever got among the fanatics was that it made performing for Stevie safer & more comfortable.
Well, you're right David, the Reeboks are ugly and she could most probably find something attractive and comfortable but personally I'd prefer her to wear those ugly old things and be happy than look divine and be unable to move all night. But then you're talking to a girl who owns only two pairs of high heels so what do I know. I think I missed out on the shoe fetish gene that most women (and men too by the looks of it) seem to have.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Everyone is talking like Stevie has a day job and clunks around in these platforms for 9-10 hours a day. I'm sure you would have foot/leg problems if you did wear them that much - but she's not wearing these boots all day and all night 24/7.
That's not true. She wears boots "all summer long"

And the summer became the fall
I was not ready for the winter
It makes no difference at all
cause I wear boots all summer long