User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sue.... WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO BOB DYLAN?

That's the first thing I thought of

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 12-08-2020, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
That's the first thing I thought of
Great minds...

Btw, this topic came up at happy hour today(not by me), and I brought up the whole Biden/ capital gains theory, and everyone thought that could have completely been the motivating factor for Dylan and the goat selling out now.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-08-2020 at 01:18 AM..
Old 12-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I imagine the amazing popularity of the Dreams Cranberry juice meme gave her side leverage in negotiating the sale.
you may be taking the mickey a little with this but in actuality I think this may have some real validity. Maybe her team already saw the potential but it wouldn't surprise me if it took such a tangible example for her to 'get it' and realize the value of a sale. Our girl definitely responds to ratings numbers.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
you may be taking the mickey a little with this but in actuality I think this may have some real validity. Maybe her team already saw the potential but it wouldn't surprise me if it took such a tangible example for her to 'get it' and realize the value of a sale. Our girl definitely responds to ratings numbers.
No, I think it definitely helped. No joke. I can’t tell you what it’s been like. I follow this emergency room Doctor who gives lectures on intubation. I watched an Instagram story of his and he used the song Dreams in it this week. He used it when discussing putting someone on a ventilator??? It is quite the phenomenon. This has been bigger than the Dixie chicks doing Landslide.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great minds...

Btw, this topic came up at happy hour today(not by me), and I brought up the whole Biden/ capital gains theory, and everyone thought that could have completely been the motivating factor for Dylan and the goat selling out now.
GOOD cause now these rich f's will have to be their fair share. Because they can afford it.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I saw that on my news alerts this morning. I thought, “Jondalar was right!”
Actually it's more about that there is a feeling these older catalogs will not be worth as much soon. They know it's time at their ages to cash out. IN addition to the fact that these REALLY rich people (oh poor them) have to pay way more taxes then us. I'm fine with .
Old 12-10-2020, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
GOOD cause now these rich f's will have to be their fair share. Because they can afford it.
Doesn't Dylan and $tevie cashing out now mean that they won't have to pay the larger share that they would with the new administration?

It's kind of shocking, because it's so blatant.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was reading it’s mostly for a different reason. That this is the best time to sell your catalog because they are worth a lot right now because of streaming. Also how much longer are these older acts going to be that valuable? Pasties people are way up there in age now so it’s time to cash out. I’m sure the tax situation for the wealthy is a factor as well. But it’s not just that.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I think it definitely helped. No joke. I can’t tell you what it’s been like. I follow this emergency room Doctor who gives lectures on intubation. I watched an Instagram story of his and he used the song Dreams in it this week. He used it when discussing putting someone on a ventilator??? It is quite the phenomenon. This has been bigger than the Dixie chicks doing Landslide.
A lot of people want re-record Landslide. I heard it was extremely expensive for an artist to record Landslide and put it on their album. That song alone can produce significant revenue.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't Dylan and $tevie cashing out now mean that they won't have to pay the larger share that they would with the new administration?

It's kind of shocking, because it's so blatant.
Yes, its fairly ironic in light of all those comments isn't it? I guess it was really "please God DON'T show him the way (to my bank account)..."
Old 12-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Yes, its fairly ironic in light of all those comments isn't it? I guess it was really "please God DON'T show him the way (to my bank account)..."
Why don’t they donate their money to charity if they are such good, political people? Fake as hell.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Why don’t they donate their money to charity if they are such good, political people? Fake as hell.
How do you know that they don’t donate money to charity?
Old 12-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How do you know that they don’t donate money to charity?
Exactly my question. Don't Stevie and Lindsey have a history of making regular donations quietly, if not secretly? (I just learned about them this week.) If they went crowing to the media about it, they'd be raked over the coals for it.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Diet Coke snorted from my nose as I read this. So thanks!
that sounds like a product that $tevie would want to sniff up her nose...new Diet Coke(caine), lol!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember when Stevie said that streaming music was going to be the death of the industry? Streaming music has given them a whole new source of revenue. Bob Dylan would not have been able to make the deal that he did if it wasn’t for streaming.

You know what’s hilarious? I listen to classic radio on Sirius, 148. Usually when you stream you have to cut out the music because the copyright did not give you permission to use it in other mediums. But on the radio shows, the music WAS intended to be broadcast on the radio, so when you broadcast it on Sirius, you are actually complying with the original contract restrictions. Therefore if Doris Day appeared on a radio show in 1948 and sang, Sirius can broadcast her song in all it’s glory. I love it.