Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WindingRoad
Sorry, I didn't explain that well. What I'm talking about is nothing at all like Stevie allowing people near the stage. This is ALL the people on the floor of the venue running around in a circle. In addition to the fights, people can get trampled.

I'm not sure "mosh pit" is the correct term. Maybe somebody younger could explain it to you. It wouldn't happen at a classic rock concert. It would be one of the newer bands, like Good Charlotte or something.

susieq
I happen to be 28, which I don't yet consider old, and I know what a mosh pit is. I thought you were doing a little exaggerating for dramatic purposes by calling that a mosh pit, and that is why I put the term "mosh pit" in quotation marks - meaning I was using the term ironically, realizing that it really didn't describe the situation.

But thanks anyway.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have been in a mosh pit before and it isn't all that great... Just stay out of the way... I wish Fleetwood Mac would have a mosh pit... Just a bunch of old people standing around... hehe...

by the way I read that review on the other board... it was really sad to read how Stevie was so upset about it... and couldn't sing and started crying... if I was there I would have cried seeing her cry... and I never cry...

Last edited by David R; 08-05-2003 at 03:13 AM..
Old 08-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Hmmm....

".. listen to the Wild Heart Oklahoma City bootleg, and you can hear the fans pushing and screaming, obviously a few getting hurt.. Stevie walked off stage and refused to come back until things settled down.. she doesn't want to see people get her.. and the band was so tight that night, that they seemed to be feeding off the music..they even broke down the front of the stage. Imagine if the stage had collapsed. What a disaster..

Stevie's scolding of the crowd and refusal to perform until things settled down were appropriate in making sure people didn't continue to get hurt... good for her."

that didn't really work for the Fleetwood Mac show in 1982 when a riot broke out at the Myriad during the show, But then that explains why up until this year why FM skipped OKC...We're just too rowdy y'all...

As for a video of the Reno show...Just wait, "something" will eventually appear...

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

It makes me so mad to hear that in this day and age people still act like idiots. I wonder if people will grow up. I sincerly doubt it. Poor Stevie. It must have been distressing to see what was happening.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is all so crazy.

Selfishly, I hope this doesn't screw up the tour for the rest of us. I was pushed around and hit a few times on the row in Nashville by a few women who made 5-minute beer runs.

It was all good though. One of the women came and apologized after the show was over.

Besides, Stevie had her eye on me
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered