User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oooh, thank you. And since we all have second generation videos from old VHS tape, there's no way to avoid the blurry quality. That's why they should release their videos on DVD. Such a simple pleasure to give fans, but somehow beyond FM's reach.

Actually even though beaches are always cold and there's nothing unusual about it, there's something about them on that beach that seems kind of eerie and supernatural to me. In their coats, looking cold and distant on a place usually associated with sun and fun. I love the dichotomy. I always say that the way they look, they might as well be standing on the surface of the moon.

I appreciate this. Thanks.

Michele
You're welcome! It would really be GREAT if they released their videos on DVD, I agree with you!
As for the beach, since in the video Lindsey flies into space, maybe you are right when you suggest that it may represent the surface of the moon. Excellent intuition!

PS: I was thinking that Chris could have done an official video for "You make loving fun", with her playing the piano on a sunny beach..

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-21-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post

The beach scene is my favorite part of
all the videos they ever made.

Though Stevie's white shoes seem strangely
out of place.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Though Stevie's white shoes seem strangely
out of place.
You're right, both the color with that skirt and the style are incongruent for her and the setting. Shades of the Reeboks we would come to mock in the future.

On that beach, they look sinister and grand.

Michele
Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're right, both the color with that skirt and the style are incongruent for her and the setting. Shades of the Reeboks we would come to mock in the future.

On that beach, they look sinister and grand.

Michele
I couldn't agree with both of you more. Maybe Stevie didn't want to hurt her feet with something hidden in the sand, sprain her ankles or get sand in her shoes. It's impossible to walk on it with heels It's a pity it was cold (the single was released in March, but maybe the video was filmed in January/February), since it would have been nice to see them with less clothes on and no shoes. Even that beach look sinister, it seems like they were not comfortable at all. Too cold, windy, dark. The sea breeze that gets into your bones like a knife.

Quote:
The stylish and innovative promo video for "Big Love" was reported (by Mick Fleetwood himself) to have cost half a million dollars - a considerable amount for a three and a half minute clip, even by today's standards. The video was filmed in part at Kimberly Crest, a beautiful Victorian mansion in Redlands, California which is often used for weddings and social events.
I wonder if that mansion is haunted. Almost all Victorian mansions have a ghosts history behind them. Now I'll do some research (I love paranormal and parapsychology and I study it since I was a child; the story about the mansion in Benifold, UFOs, ghosts and the song "Hypnotized" really catched me. We'll have to talk about it). At first look, the mansion looks scary. For now the only thing that really scared me, in the video, are Chris' socks..( Chris! I know it was the 80s!)

PS: I found the official Kimberly Crest site: http://www.kimberlycrest.org/about_house.html ....and on another site, I just discovered that it's HAUNTED: http://eredlands.com/forum/topics/to...-ghost-stories

"8. The Woman in the Window at Kimberly Crest

Named for its famous occupant, owner of the Kimberly Clark paper company, this mansion is one of the most well-known estates in Redlands. It is located adjacent to Prospect Park (another haunted location on our list) and is a fine example of the French Chateau style of the early 1900s.

Kimberly Crest was owned continuously by the Shirk family, and occupied by Mary Kimberly Shirk until her death in 1979. It's been quite a while since I have taken the tour, but I know she built an elevator in the middle of the house. Apparently, the ghost story goes that if you go to Kimberly Crest after hours (of course ghosts don't come out during the day), you can see Mary in the top floor window, sitting in her rocking chair.
Beyond that are the EVP’s (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) that were taken on the grounds. Now, I'm someone who thinks EVP's have about as much credibility as finding Mother Teresa's face in a biscuit, but nevertheless, apparently there are interesting EVPs taken from Kimberly Crest.

It is worth noting that Kimberly Crest is private property and has video cameras and high-tech motion detectors set-up. So do yourself a favor: don't go up there and get arrested."

At the end of that page you can also hear EVPs recorded in that house. I wonder if Chris, Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John have seen or heard something strange......

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-22-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found these pics yesterday:

Stevie: "...and then the pink bunny came into my kitchen and began to prepare breakfast....Linds, are you listening to me?!"
Lindsey: "...yeah...the Playboy bunny came into your bedroom..."
Stevie: "Yeah, whatever"

This pic scare the **** out of me...I've never seen Lindsey so angry
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This pic scare the **** out of me...I've never seen Lindsey so angry
No, that's not angry Lindsey. That's hamming & posing Lindsey.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
No, that's not angry Lindsey. That's hamming & posing Lindsey.
Oh, ok! He looks like a stage actor in Shakespearean style here!

I found another pic:

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-22-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's impossible to walk on it with heels
Actually Stevie did a pretty impressive job of it in the Hold Me video, not only walking in sand in the desert in her awesome red boots but if I remember correctly carrying a large painting as well. Go girl!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Oh thank you Holiday, I didn't have it!! So beautifull.. *___*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Actually Stevie did a pretty impressive job of it in the Hold Me video, not only walking in sand in the desert in her awesome red boots but if I remember correctly carrying a large painting as well. Go girl!
Yes, she did! And she did it perfectly,since she didn't want to do it!
Instead, Chris was barefooted and I don't know how she did it too. This demonstrate how strong these two women are. Under the sun, the sand is blazing hot and in the desert you can always find scorpions, snakes and other dangerous animals that could bite you..Chris was so brave (or maybe so angry/stressed that she didn't care about the desert and just wanted to finish the video as soon as possible)!

Due to the band members' strained relationships at the time, the video shoot in the Mojave Desert was "a ****ing nightmare" according to producer Simon Fields. "[They] were, um, not easy to work with" agrees Steve Barron, who directed the clip. "It was so hot, and we weren't getting along" recalls Stevie Nicks. Lindsey Buckingham was still not over their breakup six years earlier, nor her subsequent affair with Mick Fleetwood. Further, she elaborates, the rest of the band was angry with Fleetwood because he had then begun an affair with Nicks's best friend, who left her husband as a result, causing serious issues for Nicks.
"Four of them—I can't recall which four—couldn't be together in the same room for very long. They didn't want to be there", says Barron. "Christine McVie was about ten hours out of the makeup trailer. By which time it was getting dark." According to Fields, "John McVie was drunk and tried to punch me. Stevie Nicks didn't want to walk on the sand with her platforms. Christine McVie was fed up with all of them. Mick thought she was being a bitch, he wouldn't talk to her." (from Wikipedia)

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-22-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 06-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thank you for some wonderful pictures from holiday, as well as others who have contributed to this thread. I'm sorry I haven't been very active in quite a while. I've had a lot of work to do with winding up my degree, along with searching for a job, applying for other courses and working my voluntary job. I just haven't had the time to say anything worthwhile, so I guess I decided against posting anything devoid of any merit. And, if I'm honest..Truth be told I don't feel like I fit in here any more.

Also, thank you to Chris_Lover for the interesting Wikipedia vignette.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't know if anybody already posted these pictures. I apologize if they've been (I don't follow this thread that often.)

And I found this here http://www.garylynnhodges.com/galler...e&g2_itemId=27

Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't want to ruin the picture size by uploading the next picture.But, you can view it here.