User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, upon build up they come out of the side. Or if your head is turned they come out of the side. Or if you brush them away they come out of the side. But there's no build up or welling in her eyes that would push one lone, isolated tear out that way. There's no residue indicating that she wiped her face and forced them over that way. Maybe her head was tipped and they came out of the side, but the place where the tear is falling is almost entirely clear of her eye, it's over so much.

But as I said, Stevie cries all of the time. I'm 100% sure she was crying during that shoot for some reason or another. The buckle on her shoe might have come off and it was a buckle her favorite aunt gave her. That's always good for a good weep.

That "tear" on the picture just looks strange to me.

Michele
it almost looks a little photoshopped or something. I've watched that video a gazillion times and never noticed her tear.... going to have to go back and watch it again now....
Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it almost looks a little photoshopped or something. I've watched that video a gazillion times and never noticed her tear.... going to have to go back and watch it again now....
I agree it looks photoshopped. As for the moisture under Lindsey's eye, that has always been very apparent and, I think, one of the beautiful things in the video, along with his interaction with Stevie and the Mick head butt at the end.

Michele
Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, what a HOTTIE my sweet lady.... if only anyone had a larger version of this pic...
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
one of the beautiful things in the video, along with his interaction with Stevie and the Mick head butt at the end.

Michele
.....don't forget Chris' hips swaying (so sexy) and also when she turns around, while sitting on the ground, to watch Stevie dancing...
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Quote:
I agree it looks photoshopped. As for the moisture under Lindsey's eye, that has always been very apparent and, I think, one of the beautiful things in the video, along with his interaction with Stevie and the Mick head butt at the end.

Michele
It is not photoshopped. I did the screen cap MYSELF from the video. Geez.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me say this about 1987 in general, the Seven Wonders shoot having nothing to do with tears.

In 1987 I think Lindsey cried. I think Stevie cried. I think Christine cried. I think they all cried. And I mean that literally. I actually think John cried. That press conference where Christine is trying to emphasize the invigoration they feel with Lindsey gone, but admits that there was some sadness and John says, "definite sadness" as if he's not going to put a pretty face on the pain, that gets to me.

Did it tear out Stevie's __________ heart when Lindsey left? Yes, I think it did.

Was Lindsey at home laughing to himself saying he was glad to be rid of them? No, I don't think he was. I think he was at home mourning.

Little Lies? Sorrow there.

I don't think those screen caps mean anything, but I think tears abounded in 1987. I still cry over it myself. I still cry about Lindsey's BTM appearances in 1990. I love them. They love each other. There's nothing not to cry about.

Michele
Exactly. My point is - it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there were tears on any video shoot. It is probably really stressful; they probably cussed each other out and who knows what all. Unless someone was there and can say they laughed themselves to tears, I say the best bet is quite the opposite.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Exactly. My point is - it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there were tears on any video shoot. It is probably really stressful; they probably cussed each other out and who knows what all. Unless someone was there and can say they laughed themselves to tears, I say the best bet is quite the opposite.
I agree with both of you, Michele and CAD.
I read that when he decided to leave FM, they tried to do a "family reunion" at Chris' home (as always) hoping to resolve the conflicts, but it ended with a big fight and at the end Lindsey yelled "You are a bunch of selfish people", and then he left. It was a horrible moment for them.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd bet the other way. I don't think of that as an actual tear, but nice capture. It reminds me of one of those painted on mime tears, slapped to the edge of her eye.

But we're in agreement about the likelihood of her bawling. I'm sure she cried during that video shoot and every photo or video shoot she's done since the BN album cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
I read that when he decided to leave FM, they tried to do a "family reunion" at Chris' home (as always) hoping to resolve the conflicts, but it ended with a big fight and at the end Lindsey yelled "You are a bunch of selfish people", and then he left. It was a horrible moment for them.
Have you ever done screen caps of the Big Love video? If you have a shot of them all on the beach in their overcoats, I'd love to have it. PeteP did one once, but then I lost it on my computer. Thanks. If you don't have that one in your vast collection, I know I can get it from a Youtube video.

Michele
Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd bet the other way. I don't think of that as an actual tear, but nice capture. It reminds me of one of those painted on mime tears, slapped to the edge of her eye.

But we're in agreement about the likelihood of her bawling. I'm sure she cried during that video shoot and every photo or video shoot she's done since the BN album cover.

Michele
Smh...

So, it's not a tear, but absolutely she cried, but just not in that capture or where it could be captured at all, even though Lindsey's is a real tear and was captured, but that's not a real tear, but it looks just like a fake tear... LOL!

Okey dokey!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Smh...

So, it's not a tear, but absolutely she cried, but just not in that capture or where it could be captured at all, even though Lindsey's is a real tear and was captured, but that's not a real tear, but it looks just like a fake tear... LOL!

Okey dokey!
I didn't say Lindsey's was a real tear either. My bet was on contact lens solution. But saddled with emotion they both cried their eyes out at the shoot for all I care. I don't think that's what those pictures represent. I know you see them differently than I do and I think that's great. I'm just not persuaded, but I'm not trying to dissuade you.

Michele
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you ever done screen caps of the Big Love video? If you have a shot of them all on the beach in their overcoats, I'd love to have it. PeteP did one once, but then I lost it on my computer. Thanks. If you don't have that one in your vast collection, I know I can get it from a Youtube video.

Michele
Yes Michele, I have it, but I'm really sorry about the blurry quality. I tried to take it again, but images were fast and it was difficult to find the right moment to take a screencap. I hope someone will be able to take it in a better quality. I'm sure it was cold on that beach, since they were all dressed as penguins

Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Yes Michele, I have it, but I'm really sorry about the blurry quality. I tried to take it again, but images were fast and it was difficult to find the right moment to take a screencap. I hope someone will be able to take it in a better quality. I'm sure it was cold on that beach, since they were all dressed as penguins
Oooh, thank you. And since we all have second generation videos from old VHS tape, there's no way to avoid the blurry quality. That's why they should release their videos on DVD. Such a simple pleasure to give fans, but somehow beyond FM's reach.

Actually even though beaches are always cold and there's nothing unusual about it, there's something about them on that beach that seems kind of eerie and supernatural to me. In their coats, looking cold and distant on a place usually associated with sun and fun. I love the dichotomy. I always say that the way they look, they might as well be standing on the surface of the moon.

I appreciate this. Thanks.

Michele
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't say Lindsey's was a real tear either. My bet was on contact lens solution. But saddled with emotion they both cried their eyes out at the shoot for all I care. I don't think that's what those pictures represent. I know you see them differently than I do and I think that's great. I'm just not persuaded, but I'm not trying to dissuade you.

Michele
Agreed. So, what do you think it is then on Stevie's cheek? Did Lindsey slime her?
Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. So, what do you think it is then on Stevie's cheek? Did Lindsey slime her?
Well, she's looking at him so affectionately in that video. So, I'm guessing that's not what he did.

Michele
Old 06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, she's looking at him so affectionately in that video. So, I'm guessing that's not what he did.

Michele
Ha. I was thinking -- maybe he's tearing up because she snatched his hair in the other shot and it was still smarting.