User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I can't help but think of the heartbreakers. They were honored by Music Cares and went on to do an amazing tour.

Fleetwood Mac is honored in the same way and they go off and fire one of their defining, core members. So sad.

I'm speechless at Mick but not shocked. Anyone who has watched Destiny Rules can see how two faced he was with Lindsey. One minute talking about a double album with Lindsey then completely mocking him when talking to his manager.

The only reason he hasn't betrayed Stevie since 1991 is because they had a fling in 1978 and both have a penchant for any money they can get.

It's ironic how much Stevie adores Tom Petty. She should of taken a few pages from his playbook and get back to the music. This band will never have the class and dignity that tom and the heartbreakers did.

You know what this reminds me of---when Stevie married Kim in her grief stricken state after Robin died. Could Mike Campbell be having his own "Stevie married Kim due to extreme grief" moment here? A perfect storm of two deeply wounded people coming together. But what would Tom Petty think about this? Mike and Tom were/are friends with Lindsey not just Stevie.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Don't you want to them to play Here Comes My Silver Girl?
Old 04-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have numerous questions about all of this!

1) Is this a goodbye tour, as has been stated in a few of the reports?
2) John has said numerous times that he can't see himself doing this past 75....that's just two and a half years away. If John still feels that way, how much can they get done in that period?
3) Mick has said repeatedly that the one person he couldn't continue the band without is John. Would that still stand in two years...or would money talk?
4) After the amazing time they seemed to have had working and touring together, how does Christine feel about this (If the band voted, I would think it would have to be 3-1, with Chris objecting)?
5) If this isn't a farewell tour, could Stevie be convinced to record again? I would
think Mike, Neil and Chris would want to see that.
6) Why was the band willing to put everything on hold so that Stevie could go off and do her 24 Karat tour, yet they're not willing to extend the same courtesy to Lindsey? I mean, it's not like there's any hurry...they've already missed their 50th anniversary....unless it has something to do with point #2.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If history repeats itself, Mick will run out
of cash once again. And let's hope that
Mr. Buckingham won't go back.

Can't go back, can't go back...
Old 04-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post

2) John has said numerous times that he can't see himself doing this past 75....that's just two and a half years away. If John still feels that way, how much can they get done in that period?
3) Mick has said repeatedly that the one person he couldn't continue the band without is John. Would that still stand in two years...or would money talk?
4) After the amazing time they seemed to have had working and touring together, how does Christine feel about this (If the band voted, I would think it would have to be 3-1, with Chris objecting)?
5) If this isn't a farewell tour, could Stevie be convinced to record again? I would
6) Why was the band willing to put everything on hold so that Stevie could go off and do her 24 Karat tour, yet they're not willing to extend the same courtesy to Lindsey? I mean, it's not like there's any hurry...they've already missed their 50th anniversary....unless it has something to do with point #2.

After reading all of these posts, thinking about what has transpired, and being a crazy, uber FM fan for more than 40 years..................I just can't help but wonder why Stevie can delay delay delay....but if Lindsay wants some time to do his thing he gets the boot?

I just don't get what happened. Hopefully someone will find out and be able to explain to us clearly.

And yes, as a money spending fan, I would really like to know what happened...whether people think it's my right to know or not, I REALLY want to know what the F$@# happened.....I'm mad, sad and super annoyed. So there...................
Old 04-09-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I know. I'm okay with that.
Maybe now he could prove to her, that he could be good for her...
Old 04-09-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Opening set...

............ When I seee you againnnnnnnn...... will it be over......

encore....

When you hang up that phone.. will you cease to exist...
Old 04-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
That was Bonnie Tyler.
Yes I know and much love to Bonnie Caryn who runs a great Stevie group on Facebook.
Nice to see you Richard B!
Old 04-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I can't help but think of the heartbreakers. They were honored by Music Cares and went on to do an amazing tour.

Fleetwood Mac is honored in the same way and they go off and fire one of their defining, core members. So sad.

I'm speechless at Mick but not shocked. Anyone who has watched Destiny Rules can see how two faced he was with Lindsey. One minute talking about a double album with Lindsey then completely mocking him when talking to his manager.

The only reason he hasn't betrayed Stevie since 1991 is because they had a fling in 1978 and both have a penchant for any money they can get.

It's ironic how much Stevie adores Tom Petty. She should of taken a few pages from his playbook and get back to the music. This band will never have the class and dignity that tom and the heartbreakers did.
Take a Xanax already.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post

Stevie and the band deserved a break after touring from 2013 - 2015. I don’t believe Stevie’s break was any kind of “delay” but rather a regular break (which they all got). It seems they all decided to reconvene this year (Lindsey mentioned this himself) but Lindsey had a change of heart last minute and pulled out. Had Stevie done the same thing, I’m sure she would have been met with a similar response. The only difference with Stevie being that most promoters would be much more likely to consider FM sans Lindsey than sans Stevie.

I hope we do get an actual reason from them soon though.
Addicted Ledgie

His daughter Leelee just posted a picture of all the Fleetwood Mac albums that Lindsey is on on her Instagram with the caption "Fleetwood Mac isn't Fleetwood Mac without you #prouddaughter". She's getting a lot of positive comments and is replying to some of them.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have three initial comments after reading (most of) this thread.

1. Even the rumors about the rumors say that Mick fired Lindsey, not that Stevie did. If Stevie didn't want to work with Lindsey she would either a) not work with Lindsey, a la Buckingham McVie, or b) confront Lindsey herself, since we know she has no problem doing that. I think Lindsey would leave of his own accord before Stevie would have the sole authority to fire him.

2. Going off the above, Stevie said in numerous interviews that she should have quit with Lindsey in the 80s. She said she even told him as much, that she did not want to be in the band without him. So... why do people think the situation is any different now than it was then? The band has committed to a tour, Lindsey backed out last minute, possibly violating contractual obligations, and the band is held to their commitment so they have find two new people last minute. As for Mike Campbell, is it so far fetched that Stevie and Mick are desparately trying to save this tour and reaching out to anyone who might be able to help? The alternative - that they sought to replace Lindsey and usher in a new incarnation of FM with these members - again, makes no sense.

3. The press announcement quoted in the articles (although I have not seen the entire release from the alleged FM representative) says that Lindsey will not be joining the band on the tour. It doesn't say that he quit the band forever. So what if he is doing what Stevie did with Buckingham McVie, and simply opting out? Buckingham McVie was its own thing because they were touring and releasing music under a different name. However, Fleetwood Mac minus Lindsey is touring solely on the Fleetwood Mac catalog.

The part that makes the least sense to me is the reports that Lindsey was fired. Either these headlines are woefully misleading or (most likely) there is a huge behind the scenes aspect of this that we are missing.

If Lindsey was "fired" from the band, he would have needed to offend more than just one member, and badly. If Stevie is as greedy as everyone here seems to think she is, she would want this "cash grab" tour and then play the martyr later for enduring it. She has zero incentive to get rid of Lindsey, her onstage romance partner, her tumultuous on again/off again love affair, her backstage nemesis, her studio dictator... Seriously. If she didn't want to tour with him, she would withhold herself and tour on her own like she did last year. Even if you hate her, what does she have to gain from roping in all the other members of FM, including Mick who allegedly did the actual firing, to get rid of Lindsey, who is her scene partner for all of the onstage chemistry that we expect, and the subject of almost, if not all, of her FM songs and stories?

This could be Lindsey's ego, his temper, or even his creativity getting in the way. We have no idea what happened.

Last edited by lilyfee; 04-09-2018 at 10:58 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
No, he let me strum it. Very gently.
I actually played his Turner on the SYW tour when I was in the front row of the
United Center on the SYW Tour. Two nights later I was at his Soundstage show. Please have a seat.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
His daughter Leelee just posted a picture of all the Fleetwood Mac albums that Lindsey is on on her Instagram with the caption "Fleetwood Mac isn't Fleetwood Mac without you #prouddaughter". She's getting a lot of positive comments and is replying to some of them.
so sweet.

if LB was smart he'd get her to run his social media.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-09-2018 at 11:25 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this will backfire on the band. Leaving is one thing, but getting fired is on another level. I see people online expressing interest and support for Mike and Neil but not at the same volume or intensity as the people fuming about LB getting fired.