User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why not? It’s not like he couldn’t afford to do it. If Richard Thompson, who never had a huge hit, can tour the world, Lindsey certainly can.
AGREED!
But why hasn't he, when Stevie has repeatedly?
I know he planned to tour the UK but it was cancelled due to his band mates sickness?
Old 04-29-2018, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep! i dont believe for one second, that LB got fired due to tour conflicts.. The whole band is holding back the truth, until we hear Lindsey's side.. This is nothing more than a cover up...

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 04-29-2018 at 11:34 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Remember this? The 4:10-4:15 mark is particularly interesting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo
What a two faced, ungrateful, *thing* she's become.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still want to know how firing your musical partner and bandmate of 40+ years will somehow allow you to spend the next ten years happy, dancing around your apartment, slinging bullsh*t with your friend Karen. At the end lf the day, that cant be a good feeling.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Remember this? The 4:10-4:15 mark is particularly interesting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo
You know, after watching this...

Maybe they can come back from this. They came back from 1987, after all.

They just don't have as much TIME now.

I saw it posted elsewhere that Stevie is grieving and you know, that could very well have made her act rashly and she may come to regret anything she might have done at this point.

I just cannot get on board this "Stevie is Satan" train, no matter how upset I am by what has happened. Even if she has done this to Lindsey, it does not mean she is a bad person. A person with a good heart can still sometimes be selfish, can still sometimes hurt others, can still sometimes do things they come to regret. Perhaps Lindsey said some things he regrets, too.

I hope that eventually, they can mend their relationship before it's too late... and I don't mean too late for a Fleetwood Mac reunion. I mean before it's too late, PERIOD.

50+ years of history... it can't end in such a petty, stupid way.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I still want to know how firing your musical partner and bandmate of 40+ years will somehow allow you to spend the next ten years happy, dancing around your apartment, slinging bullsh*t with your friend Karen. At the end lf the day, that cant be a good feeling.
This is dead on accurate......
Old 04-30-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I just cannot get on board this "Stevie is Satan" train, no matter how upset I am by what has happened. Even if she has done this to Lindsey, it does not mean she is a bad person. A person with a good heart can still sometimes be selfish, can still sometimes hurt others, can still sometimes do things they come to regret. Perhaps Lindsey said some things he regrets, too.

I hope that eventually, they can mend their relationship before it's too late... and I don't mean too late for a Fleetwood Mac reunion. I mean before it's too late, PERIOD.
I agree, Sevie is not a bad person, she rather made some poor choices and/or never got over seing herself in the role of the victim in the B/N relationship.
And that's why I don't think they need to mend anything, nor should they even try. What for? At best, Stevie can finally lay this at rest now, 40 years too late. I would rather have them not commenting on each other ever again, it's so useless.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm feeling quite bad for Neil Finn. Well I'm an Aussie and I've long been a fan, since 80s. (We tend to claim the New Zealand talent as our own - they've produced some amazing musical artists.) He's a very good musician, writer, and seems a nice guy as well.

Hope it works out for him with FM, though at first it seems an odd kind of choice. Stranger things have happened and worked out okay.

How he may fit in this band - like Stevie and Lindsey, I think that the Everly Brothers and The Beatles were enormous influences on him and his brother. I think he's a natural harmoniser and that may have been a factor for including him.

That's not all there is to him though. We might think of him as a folkie type, but it's occurred to me in last few weeks, Split Enz had a punk edge in quite a few of their songs. Studio processing might have removed some of it but in the stripped back live versions it's more obvious.

Even though I think he's a calmer guy than Lindsey - he has known his share of band drama in the past and can probably tap into how that's shown itself in FM's music.

And yeh I'd love to hear FM do 'I Got You' with Christine doing the synth part - would be perfect! (Pun not intended.) 'I Hope I Never' is also a great keyboard piece.

No, it won't be 'Fleetwood Mac' as most of us know them. But it may be something new and different for them after getting in a sort of rut with their show. I decided I was gonna be happy with seeing them in 2015 and it would be the last time I see them. Figured if I went again in another few years it would probably be much the same thing as last time but maybe not such a strong performance.

Hoping folks give the new guys a chance.

Last edited by Missy; 04-30-2018 at 10:35 AM..
Old 04-30-2018, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I'm feeling quite bad for Neil Finn. Well I'm an Aussie and I've long been a fan, since 80s. (We tend to claim the New Zealand talent as our own - they've produced some amazing musical artists.) He's a good musician, writer, and seems a nice guy as well.

Hope it works out for him with FM, though at first it seems an odd kind of choice. Stranger things have happened and worked out okay.

How he may fit in this band - like Stevie and Lindsey, I think that the Everly Brothers and The Beatles were enormous influences on him and his brother. I think he's a natural harmoniser and that may have been a factor for including him.

That's not all there is to him though. We might think of him as a folkie type, but it's occurred to me in last few weeks, Split Enz had a punk edge in quite a few of their songs. Studio processing might have removed some of it but in the stripped back live versions it's more obvious.

Even though I think he's a calmer guy than Lindsey - he has known his share of band drama in the past and can probably tap into how that's shown itself in FM's music.

And yeh I'd love to hear FM do 'I Got You' with Christine doing the synth part - would be perfect! (Pun not intended.) 'I Hope I Never' is also a great keyboard piece.

No, it won't be 'Fleetwood Mac' as most of us know them. But it may be something new and different for them after getting in a sort of rut with their show. I decided I was gonna be happy with seeing them in 2015 and it would be the last time I see them. Figured if I went again in another few years it would probably be much the same thing as last time but maybe not such a strong performance.

Hoping folks give the new guys a chance.
Doubt we’ll get I Hope I Never - that’s a Tim Finn song.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She probably will regret it. But I honestly don't care.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She probably will regret it. But I honestly don't care.
I don't care, either. The bridge has been burned, and I hope if they ever ask him to return, that he tells them all where to go.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In my opinion, we're well past "poor choices" at this point. I don't consider these recent events "poor choices" not when they are backed by other band members (well, sort of) and teams of lawyers, agents, and whatever "yes men" they have surrounding them.

I'm sure it got nasty by all counts, Lindsey included. But all they needed to do was take a collective time out and figure it out. But instead, nobody was willing to hit pause on the cash register for 5 freakin minutes.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion, we're well past "poor choices" at this point. I don't consider these recent events "poor choices" not when they are backed by other band members (well, sort of) and teams of lawyers, agents, and whatever "yes men" they have surrounding them.

I'm sure it got nasty by all counts, Lindsey included. But all they needed to do was take a collective time out and figure it out. But instead, nobody was willing to hit pause on the cash register for 5 freakin minutes.
Lindsey was willing to work it out until the very last minute, but the decision was already made because Queen Nicks wanted him out. And Mick backed her up.

Still there are some fans who are willing to pay for a m&g with this people...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Doubt we’ll get I Hope I Never - that’s a Tim Finn song.
Yes you're right there. Tim wrote, sang and did the piano on it. It should be Tim. Though Neil has apparently also done it live. Neil seems like a more 'stable' character but Tim also very talented.

I was trying to think of what has produced this distinctive music culture in New Zealand. Neil has probably said it himself: "There’s a lot of eccentric people in New Zealand - sometimes you think they’re allowed to be because of our isolation from the hard-edged nature of most people in modern cities overseas.”

Split Enz were as weird and nutty as FM at times, for sure. But that's why we like FM.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Registered

Of all the people in the band Mick is the last person I would care to meet. I know enough money grubbing people in real life, and of the 5 he has the second least musical abilities.