User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Danielle, there are a lot of bitter people on here. Stevie has been selling out mega shows on this tour and gotten rave reviews. I just roll my eyes at that hateful bitterness they have.
In the context of this discussion, what the **** has that got to do with anything. Bitterness, bitterness is your argument against an artist many people on this board have followed for 40 years. Who now have to listen to a woman who was once many peoples hero lecture us about appearance or money or big bad Lindsey being mean to her or record sales like she thinks she is goddamn Beyonce.

Give me a break, I have been reading this thread and have not felt a need to comment regarding Stevie's actions as there are many members expressing my opinion, but bitterness. I draw the line.

I'm not bitter, I'm angry. There is one member of this band who is holding out tying this great legacy together. Those on this board defending her are clearly not Fleetwood Mac fans. When I say 'fans' I'm talking about fans of the band, from Peter Green right through, not individual members.

Seriously the only decision that now needs to be made is to ask her to leave completely. How dare she reap the rewards of being in a working band without putting in any of the effort.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Funny how our own personal feelings about her can change the way we perceive things she says. I work a lot, I have little money and even less money for self care, still, this interview has made me realize there are things that I can do and should do if I want to feel better about myself. I am pretty sure Stevie's comment on "not trying" has got more to do with how a woman can feel about her image than having the monetary means to beautify herself.
I agree. I interpreted it as Stevie still wanting to feel young. If she continues doing what she loves it helps her to stay young and full of energy. She's really happy about this tour, and she should be proud of it because it is phenomenal.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I try to stay pretty neutral on the issue. I would like a Fleetwood Mac album with all 5 but if Stevie's heart isn't in it I understand. I went to 2 of her shows this tour and had a blast. I hope she continues to be successful in whatever else she has planned. As for Christine and Lindsey, I'm excited to hear their new music and I think it's great that they wanna create an album together.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I AM bitter to an extend. I'm a fan since 1979, from the way I listen to music, FM basically owns my whole adult life, their records made me form my musical tastes, this ****ing bands body of work groomed me. I do respect every musician, singer, songwriter who has ever played in or with the band, they are all important to me. And now Stevie breaks the tradition of "then play on" without the slightest consideration of the legacy her success is build on. That kinda makes me bitter. Like everyone else before and around her, she should just leave the band if she is not up to being a dedicated member. Instead she tries to make FM look like her little back-up band for side activities if she has nothing better to do, because of course she is the one and only person who counts. Her ego is out of control and has been for quite some time now.

My english is still lousy, sorry.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 03-11-2017 at 04:39 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!! She can contribute new songs, along with Lindsey and Christine, and they can record it live like they did for The Dance! This along with their hits would sell well and it costs hardly anything to record. No studio time for Stevie. THIS is the answer to the problem and gives us new music. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you, The Dance 2.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Completely agree. Stevie is officially a silly old white plastic bitch.
The problem is, Stevie is right! Look back at some other threads, where people on this board have made fun of her or ridiculed her for her weight, her 'frizzy' hair, a pimple, etc. If she let her hair turn grey, many people would go ballistic, screaming why can't she color her hair. When FM did their 1 show last year, people made fun of her because they thought her use of botox caused a pimple, or something to that effect! And she was criticized for not wearing hair extensions.

THAT was the context in which Stevie made those comments, not towards single mothers who are raising kids while working three jobs, but towards celebrities like herself. Personally, I prefer it when people look natural... Belinda Carlisle caused a slight stir when she posed for a CD cover without any makeup, it she looked great. There's also a difference between aging gracefully and just letting yourself go, don't you think?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The problem is, Stevie is right! Look back at some other threads, where people on this board have made fun of her or ridiculed her for her weight, her 'frizzy' hair, a pimple, etc. If she let her hair turn grey, many people would go ballistic, screaming why can't she color her hair. When FM did their 1 show last year, people made fun of her because they thought her use of botox caused a pimple, or something to that effect! And she was criticized for not wearing hair extensions.

THAT was the context in which Stevie made those comments, not towards single mothers who are raising kids while working three jobs, but towards celebrities like herself. Personally, I prefer it when people look natural... Belinda Carlisle caused a slight stir when she posed for a CD cover without any makeup, it she looked great. There's also a difference between aging gracefully and just letting yourself go, don't you think?

it is long past due , humans need to treat celebrities
like other humans and stop idolizing worshiping and looking to them for guidance/support/comfort

Last edited by olive; 03-11-2017 at 09:20 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Funny how our own personal feelings about her can change the way we perceive things she says. I work a lot, I have little money and even less money for self care, still, this interview has made me realize there are things that I can do and should do if I want to feel better about myself. I am pretty sure Stevie's comment on "not trying" has got more to do with how a woman can feel about her image than having the monetary means to beautify herself.
I agree with you Danielle. People tend to project their thoughts and feelings on what they read or hear all the time, so they can attribute different meanings to the same sentence.
However people here seem to come only to relieve their frustration attributing Stevie's sentences things they resent, probably taking inspiration from their real lives's people and situations.

I can tell you that it's true at 100% that if you're suffering and the image the mirror reflects is also a suffering one than your suffering is doubled.
I remember my grandma was the first divorced woman in our catholic countryside town, she had four children in her care and worked two or three jobs and she used to always clean her skin with lemon, treat her hair with egg, curl her hair and put make up on her eyes with coal.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
it is long past due , humans need to treat celebrities
like other humans and stop idolizing worshiping and looking to them for guidance/support/comfort
Amen.. She's completely lost her mind. Someone needs to pull the microphone from her mouth. Her comments on money, sales, and how other women look grey and frumpy... I mean.. girl shut up... Stop talking about yourself like you are some kind of super human.. you're not..

As far as bitter goes.. she's the one that sounds bitter... bitter about the industry.. bitter about getting old.. she sounds a bit souless to me ..and out of touch..

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-11-2017 at 11:45 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Amen.. She's completely lost her mind. Someone needs to pull the microphone from her mouth. Her comments on money, sales, and how other women look grey and frumpy... I mean.. girl shut up... Stop talking about yourself like you are some kind of super human.. you're not..

As far as bitter goes.. she's the one that sounds bitter... bitter about the industry.. bitter about getting old.. she sounds a bit souless to me ..and out of touch..

I also wish people would stop interpreting her words as if it were the Bible twisting it and bending it to fit whatever agenda of the moment that works for them.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I also wish people would stop interpreting her words as if it were the Bible twisting it and bending it to fit whatever agenda of the moment that works for them.
People that worship celebrities will always apologize for them or attack anyone who disagrees with their behavior. You just have to smile and keep your values. And their are a lot of people that will worship what they think is a diva no matter what their behavior. It's part of American Culture.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i

you took the words out of my mouth! she's done great on this tour, sales etc.
and people are bitter over an album, of at best will be average, they can't recreate the magic those days are over. i could care less about a farewell tour, rather see her solo and fresh, more solo dates please!
Old 03-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
“I see lots of people my age, and lots of people who are younger than me, and I think, “Wow, those people look really old.” I think it’s because they didn’t try. If you want to stay young, you have to make an effort.” “Or you just throw in the towel and let your hair turn white and look like a frumpy old woman.”

oh wow.

yes, people working 3 low paying jobs while taking care of kids and families, struggling to pay their bills, should instead spend their time and any money they don't have on going to the salon, dying their hair, expensive beauty regimens, wrinkle fillers and plastic surgery they could never afford, so they can look half their age.
Elle, c'mon, I doubt she's talking about women with 3 low paying jobs with kids.
I work with and see many women (65-80 women a day, 35 - 95 years old) and I know what/who Stevie is referring to. Some women, at a certain age, will let themselves go. Men too, for that matter. But as we all know, there's a double-standard when it comes to women and their looks. It sucks, but it's true. I myself am guilty of it. Part of me wishes I had the courage, if you will, to let myself go - cut my hair super short, ditch all makeup, and eat whatever I want to at 48 years old. But no, I choose to wake up every morning at 4:30, wash, dry and curl my hair using several products, and of course do make up every single day for my 7am job. It's a pain in the a $$, but I still do it. Maybe one day I'll "jump the shark" on myself too, and actually free myself of the madness that is women's beauty expectations. But probably not.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some people's careers don't depend on their looks. some people's success comes from using their brains, contributing to society or science or making other people's lives better by what they know and solving difficult problems. Many of those people don't have time to spend hours a day on their looks. This is a typical Hollywood view of life.... yes, I get when you are an actress or performer and your income and livelihood depends on projecting a certain image you spend hours a day in the gym with trainers etc (many actors) and you have a team of stylists and hair and makeup people and nutritionists, dermatologists etc and all that to keep you going. That's fine; that's your "product" and I get it. But never forget, it takes a lot of money and a TEAM of people to keep someone in the shape a performer is in. NONE of them, not even Stevie, look like what they do onstage or in public in their real lives. No one could. (That's not to say they look bad, but different). Look at how Oprah looks au natural vs on her magazine covers etc. Therefore no one in real life who isn't like a performer and can spend all their time and lots of money on their appearance (minus the few who win the genetic lottery) is going to look as good. If you're lucky enough to be a trophy wife or someone with lots of money, great. She's been cocooned in rich and famous land for so long she's lost touch. If two weeks at the holidays with family is enough to stress her out.....then she should live life on the road where she's the pampered diva and everyone caters to her coz they're paid to.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:25 PM

I think this thread has been off topic for too long.