Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Warning: Bragging up ahead:

Well, my 30-45 minutes on the eliptical 5 days a week is paying off more & more. I dropped another 2 pounds. Down a total of 9.5 pounds - this is the lightest I've been in about 5 years, which is the lightest I've been since high school.

I have been getting so many compliments on how I look & how my clothes fit. A few weeks ago I tried a bunch of stuff on at Kohl's & was able to get into size 10 pants without a problem & many medium shirts were a bit roomy. I am so stoked.

I feel strong, my muscle tone is much improved, very little jiggle and NO BACK FAT! I'm still doing WW Points system on my own & I've been sticking to it relatively well. Of course, I do take the occasional day off (Theresa's pizza & beerfest last weekend, Superbowl this Sunday) but I don't go crazy & binge. And no slacking on the exercise at all. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it, it's been almost a year since I got the eliptical & I still love doing it. Still doing weights too. God, i just feel great. Another 4.5 pounds would be awesome, but we'll see.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ yayyyyyy, go paula! good job, girl.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yay Paula. that's awesome.

I wish I had an elliptical machine. I've got to get out of this rut I'm in somehow.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Check the classifieds & Craigslist for a used gym-quality one. I wouldn't bother with a cheaper one from Target or even Sears - they're not as sturdy & stable, therefore not as comfortable & you won't want to use it as much, IMO.

Are you still running? I would be, if it weren't 10 degrees & snowing outside all the time. Hopefully I can start the program again in a month or two.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ Check the classifieds & Craigslist for a used gym-quality one. I wouldn't bother with a cheaper one from Target or even Sears - they're not as sturdy & stable, therefore not as comfortable & you won't want to use it as much, IMO.

Are you still running? I would be, if it weren't 10 degrees & snowing outside all the time. Hopefully I can start the program again in a month or two.
Congrats, Paula

I've been religious about Craigslist - but have found nothing thus far, but I have it in my head to buy a good machine - as I'll be losing the free gym when I leave my apartment....

Congrats on getting rid of the back fat...it's become the bane of my existence, back fat.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Warning: Bragging up ahead:

Well, my 30-45 minutes on the eliptical 5 days a week is paying off more & more. I dropped another 2 pounds. Down a total of 9.5 pounds - this is the lightest I've been in about 5 years, which is the lightest I've been since high school.

I have been getting so many compliments on how I look & how my clothes fit. A few weeks ago I tried a bunch of stuff on at Kohl's & was able to get into size 10 pants without a problem & many medium shirts were a bit roomy. I am so stoked.

I feel strong, my muscle tone is much improved, very little jiggle and NO BACK FAT! I'm still doing WW Points system on my own & I've been sticking to it relatively well. Of course, I do take the occasional day off (Theresa's pizza & beerfest last weekend, Superbowl this Sunday) but I don't go crazy & binge. And no slacking on the exercise at all. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it, it's been almost a year since I got the eliptical & I still love doing it. Still doing weights too. God, i just feel great. Another 4.5 pounds would be awesome, but we'll see.
Excellent I'm down 2 lbs. too, even with the beerfest! A 30 min. walk on treadmill = 1 activity point vs 30 min. run = 2 activity points. Only 1 point more bonus from a walk to a run doesn't seem worth it

Old 02-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
yay Paula. that's awesome.

I wish I had an elliptical machine. I've got to get out of this rut I'm in somehow.
Try swimming or a rowing machine. I love both. You can get rowing machines cheap these days. They're not hip anymore. I swear by them.

You may not want the upper body muscle they'll create. I don't know if bulked up shoulders and back are what you're after, but they are both a good switch up to shock your system with a different kind of exercise.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Try swimming or a rowing machine. I love both. You can get rowing machines cheap these days. They're not hip anymore. I swear by them.

You may not want the upper body muscle they'll create. I don't know if bulked up shoulders and back are what you're after, but they are both a good switch up to shock your system with a different kind of exercise.
rowing machines kick ass. nothing burns more calories per minute - i love the feeling of getting a serious full body workout.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
rowing machines kick ass. nothing burns more calories per minute - i love the feeling of getting a serious full body workout.
Some of the best money I ever spent. Coolest of all is the wheel is also a fan.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Some of the best money I ever spent. Coolest of all is the wheel is also a fan.
what brand did you get? in what price range can you get a good, sturdy one? i'm seriously thinking of getting one.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
what brand did you get? in what price range can you get a good, sturdy one? i'm seriously thinking of getting one.

****, I stare at it all the time but can't say. Something Japanese.
I got it on Craig's list years ago for about 200 bucks.
I looked it up: Tunturi.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

nothing exciting to post really. just wanted to say I did cardio pilates last night and I am sore from my waist down. it has to be some of the most difficult workouts to sustain. just to hold the poses and repeat them 3 times. I loved the floor work though.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^Thats great that you found something you love! I'm not quite as adventureous as that but still doing the tread everyday. I'm down 3 lbs. this week with WW, so I'm happy They tell me though, I'm not eating enough food Great programme though

Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went home to Louisiana last weekend and gained like 8 pounds

So, its back on the diet and the hitting the gym HARD this week.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
nothing exciting to post really. just wanted to say I did cardio pilates last night and I am sore from my waist down. it has to be some of the most difficult workouts to sustain. just to hold the poses and repeat them 3 times. I loved the floor work though.
I checked out 2 of the "On Demand" workout shows offered by my cable company this past Saturday. Yeah, that didn't work out very well. I knew I wasn't the most coordinated person in the world, but wow. One was a belly dancing workout, the other was a boot camp kickbox thing. I damn near fell over several times & felt like I had yanked my hip out of its socket. Mark thought it was hilarious. So I won't be trying that again. There were a bunch of them, though, so I'll check out some different ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
^Thats great that you found something you love! I'm not quite as adventureous as that but still doing the tread everyday. I'm down 3 lbs. this week with WW, so I'm happy They tell me though, I'm not eating enough food Great programme though
You rock! Total of 5 pounds, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I went home to Louisiana last weekend and gained like 8 pounds

So, its back on the diet and the hitting the gym HARD this week.

You suck! JK - you know those pounds will fall off within a week or two.