Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ok... $600.
$800 if lebron attends.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't buy it that this is about Lindsey being a dick.

Apparently the reason we got a four song EP in 2013 was at Stevie's insistence 2 songs wasn't enough.

And she worked on the songs on it apart from It Takes Time at Linds' house in his basement studio or whatever. She had dinner with his wife and kids. They ain't tight but if they can do that, and tour the world together, they'd be just fine to work on new songs.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
24K Gold IS arguably her best ever solo album (along with In Your Dreams--both, imo, the best Mac solo albums, apologies to Lindsey, Jeremy, Danny who heretofore had her beat).
respectfully and thoroughly disagree
Old 03-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The fact that she's touring for "an over 2 year old album of a bunch of decades old songs" shows me that Stevie really cares about those songs and not sales.
no it shows that she's gonna make back the money that album cost if she has to tour another year.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved IYD and agree 24KG is one of her best
Old 03-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Don't buy it that this is about Lindsey being a dick.

Apparently the reason we got a four song EP in 2013 was at Stevie's insistence 2 songs wasn't enough.

And she worked on the songs on it apart from It Takes Time at Linds' house in his basement studio or whatever. She had dinner with his wife and kids. They ain't tight but if they can do that, and tour the world together, they'd be just fine to work on new songs.
Well give her a break. She's working hard at not looking old. Other people.. (who probably can't afford plastic surgery and lipo and a designer) look older than she. That takes work.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I loved IYD and agree 24KG is one of her best
I didn't mind IYD, but compared to Wild Heart or Bella Donna it's not even close in my mind.

Her voice is so raspy that it ruins the demos that I used to love. She needs to write music that suits her older voice. I hope she doesn't re do Joan of Arc. I like it the way it is.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Then stop listening to her new music if you hate it.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
no it shows that she's gonna make back the money that album cost if she has to tour another year.
I hope they do Buckingham/McVie tunes on the Goodbye Tour.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Then stop listening to her new music if you hate it.
I don't believe I said I hated it. I think you need to re-read what I said.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“I see lots of people my age, and lots of people who are younger than me, and I think, “Wow, those people look really old.” I think it’s because they didn’t try. If you want to stay young, you have to make an effort.” “Or you just throw in the towel and let your hair turn white and look like a frumpy old woman.”

oh wow.

yes, people working 3 low paying jobs while taking care of kids and families, struggling to pay their bills, should instead spend their time and any money they don't have on going to the salon, dying their hair, expensive beauty regimens, wrinkle fillers and plastic surgery they could never afford, so they can look half their age.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-10-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
“I see lots of people my age, and lots of people who are younger than me, and I think, “Wow, those people look really old.” I think it’s because they didn’t try. If you want to stay young, you have to make an effort.” “Or you just throw in the towel and let your hair turn white and look like a frumpy old woman.”

oh wow.

yes, people working 3 low paying jobs while taking care of kids and families, struggling to pay their bills, should instead spend their time and any money they don't have on going to the salon, dying their hair, expensive beauty regimens, wrinkle fillers and plastic surgery they could never afford, so they can look half their age.
After I read this article, I wondered if she realizes how entitled she sounds. Rich, white and entitled.

Don't endanger MY SHOW!!!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
After I read this article, I wondered if she realizes how entitled she sounds. Rich, white and entitled.

Don't endanger MY SHOW!!!
Completely agree. Stevie is officially a silly old white plastic bitch.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

oh wow.

Funny how our own personal feelings about her can change the way we perceive things she says. I work a lot, I have little money and even less money for self care, still, this interview has made me realize there are things that I can do and should do if I want to feel better about myself. I am pretty sure Stevie's comment on "not trying" has got more to do with how a woman can feel about her image than having the monetary means to beautify herself.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Danielle, there are a lot of bitter people on here. Stevie has been selling out mega shows on this tour and gotten rave reviews. I just roll my eyes at that hateful bitterness they have.