User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
ryguy..........i appreciate you! i JUST started seeing you posts when you spoke about leaving and NOW I KNOW more than ever that I APPRECIATE YOU!

i appreciate you sarcasm, your sense of humour and you directness. and i'm so serious about this! THANK YOU SO DAMN MUCH!!!!!

like seriously if i were near you, i'd hug you and make you dinner............. *hugs*
Well I prefer to keep it real.. hence why I was completely drawn to you!! But you must be politically correct on this board @ times!! Be aware for talking to me b/c I might be too taboo and get you some There are some back stabbers on here too but I got there game. Love you and stay true (which I have no doubts
Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Well I prefer to keep it real.. hence why I was completely drawn to you!! But you must be politically correct on this board @ times!! Be aware for talking to me b/c I might be too taboo and get you some There are some back stabbers on here too but I got there game. Love you and stay true (which I have no doubts
oooooooooooooooooooh baby trust i know full well about it. i just came back, was extremely excited about the MAC family again and now i'm totally starting to remember y i fell back off the boards.

so quickly i met some really cool kats........you included of course! i'm gonna stop posting as much starting...........NOW. i normally really wouldn't give a flying ____ (see i didn't even type it) about what ppl have to say, but when i come post "lmaoooooooo" or "lol" or crack a joke like others do and get "don't do this, don't do that" it gets very annoying.

*looks around the room*.........nah i'm not going to go there.........

so............to play "peacemaker" i'll keep the posts to a minimum and i'll see you all at webster hall!

BACK TO SEWING.................
Old 04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

*JUST AS A REMINDER: personal bickering is not welcome anywhere on the Ledge. Personal disputes with other members needs to be taken to private messaging*
Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we should all take some time out of our busy nights to have fun with google. It's a great website, and there's just so much to learn. Check it out here!
You're so like me
Old 04-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Every single word of this video perfectly describes my last relationship. I love being haunted....

Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Every single word of this video perfectly describes my last relationship. I love being haunted....

Just beautiful in every way that woman has real soul. First time ever listening to her and she left me captivated and glued to every raw sentiment and word. Pondering... Well Dani exquisite taste and I hope you get everything you want out of life. All I can say is too bad for your ex!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Copyright and the Public Domain

Authors own the exclusive rights to their compositions. This is called a copyright, and the composition is protected for many years--even if the copyright is never registered with the copyright office. A composition is considered to be "intellectual property" The copyright may be sold, transferred, or inherited--but the copyright still endures. If any music or lyrics are still under copyright protection

* you CANNOT reproduce the music or lyrics
* you CANNOT distribute the music or lyrics either for free, for no profit, or for profit
* you CANNOT perform the music or lyrics in public
* you CANNOT play a recording of the music or lyrics in public--even if you own the CD
* you CANNOT make a derivative work or arrangement for public use in any for
m

Aren't her demos all copyright protected? Somebody should help me w/ all of this since I am clearly confused!
Technically yes, they are copyright protected. However, the fact that you cannot distribute them is not entirely true. Stevie owns the copyright, so she would have to be the one to file suit, and since her demos are not released under any label, she would have to be the one to sue, not a label. Then she would have to prove damages. Given that the demos were distributed for free and credit is given to Stevie and most notably, Stevie handed out most of these demos for free, most courts would not find that to be illegal. However, anyone making profit off of her demos or distributing songs she makes money off of (released songs) would be illegal.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Technically yes, they are copyright protected. However, the fact that you cannot distribute them is not entirely true. Stevie owns the copyright, so she would have to be the one to file suit, and since her demos are not released under any label, she would have to be the one to sue, not a label. Then she would have to prove damages. Given that the demos were distributed for free and credit is given to Stevie and most notably, Stevie handed out most of these demos for free, most courts would not find that to be illegal. However, anyone making profit off of her demos or distributing songs she makes money off of (released songs) would be illegal.

Thanks John! So my point remains though! So technically she could sue. I see no diff between having a demo thread or for me posting a link to her new album. Because at the end of the day it is up to the individual whether to dl or not.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In addition to this, the reason why we remove any links to leaked albums/tracks on this site is because this website can encounter legal wrath for distributing (or aiding in distributing) copyrighted materials illegally. I think we all enjoy the Ledge very much, and want to see it stay around for many years to come. So please do not post links or upload material to this website which is commercially available. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but is instead is a plea to all members of the Ledge.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
In addition to this, the reason why we remove any links to leaked albums/tracks on this site is because this website can encounter legal wrath for distributing (or aiding in distributing) copyrighted materials illegally. I think we all enjoy the Ledge very much, and want to see it stay around for many years to come. So please do not post links or upload material to this website which is commercially available. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but is instead is a plea to all members of the Ledge.
Well see hear is my point Louie we could be banned for distributing/altering her demos bc they are copyright regardless of whether or not she has yet or will ever profit from them. Truth be told those are hers and not ours. Even if she did give them out; it was illegal for them to distribute them and illegal for us to redistribute/alter or enhance according to what I've read re: copyright laws/protection. Seems to be confusing and a bit of a double standard.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks John! So my point remains though! So technically she could sue. I see no diff between having a demo thread or for me posting a link to her new album. Because at the end of the day it is up to the individual whether to dl or not.
Very true, except with the new album, it is commercially available, plus WB has a financial stake in it too, so they could sue. Stevie can really sue over anything, she could sue us for talking about her! But just because someone sues you does not mean you did anything illegal. With her demos that she freely handed out and with us giving her credit to the demos and us not profiting off of them, she could sue, but it would be difficult for her to prove damages since she is not profiting from them and neither are we therefore it would be highly unlikely any illegal activity would be found on our part. However, if we distributed the commercially available album for free, it would be quite easy for her or WB to prove damages.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Registered

Quote:
Very true, except with the new album, it is commercially available, plus WB has a financial stake in it too, so they could sue. Stevie can really sue over anything, she could sue us for talking about her! But just because someone sues you does not mean you did anything illegal. With her demos that she freely handed out and with us giving her credit to the demos and us not profiting off of them, she could sue, but it would be difficult for her to prove damages since she is not profiting from them and neither are we therefore it would be highly unlikely any illegal activity would be found on our part. However, if we distributed the commercially available album for free, it would be quite easy for her or WB to prove damages.
Well she could argue they were stolen (which she has said some were). But the point is I just really want the album now!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well she could argue they were stolen (which she has said some were). But the point is I just really want the album now!!!!
She very well could, but we have audio of her saying she used to give tapes to everyone And I completely agree!!! This week is dragging SO SLOW.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacwoodFleet View Post
Was all of that anger from another directed toward you? Let me step back and not inconvenience myself nor others.
Not sure why my post explaining why I posted that was deleted but that was not directed towards you & don't know why you thought it was because i don't know you. But don't let it get to you. I was just venting.

It's all good.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well see hear is my point Louie we could be banned for distributing/altering her demos bc they are copyright regardless of whether or not she has yet or will ever profit from them. Truth be told those are hers and not ours. Even if she did give them out; it was illegal for them to distribute them and illegal for us to redistribute/alter or enhance according to what I've read re: copyright laws/protection. Seems to be confusing and a bit of a double standard.
You basically explained it yourself. The only reason Stevie or Warner Bros would sue is because they could prove loss of income. Since Stevie's demos have never been commercially released, there is no loss of income.

However, if someone were trying to sell her demos, that would most certainly count as loss of income for Stevie. Because that person would be directly profiting off Stevie's work.

And if someone posts links for commercially available tracks on this website (In Your Dreams is most certainly included), that is the biggest no-no of them all. Warner Bros will most likely be watching the internet like a hawk because In Your Dreams is a new release. The first several weeks after a release are when Warner Bros is going to sell the most copies of the album. Just don't post links where In Your Dreams can be downloaded for free. Period.