User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$tevie is Mick's meal ticket, and they BOTH know that. Mick needs her far more than $he needs him, so he must appease her wishes.

I think Mike is an okay fit, but the Crowded House guy felt very awkward. How can $he sing those songs to him?

$tevie'$ ego got the best of her, and they done screwed the pooch on this horrible decision.
Oh, definitely he needs her more than she needs him. I think she doesn't need anybody at this point in her life. Quite sad, actually. But I don't care, actually.

She doesn't even know what she's doing, I think. Singing those songs to Neil, who she barely knows? Next think we know she's gonna sing Landslide to Campbell.

I really, really hope Christine ran away at the end of this tour/leg/whatever. Fast. She doesn't seem happy. She needs to redeem herself. Mick and Stevie, they can burn in hell for all I know.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Seriously! People rag on SnL for being fake on stage, but there were real moments like that one, and even when they were doing it for the fans at least the lyrics always had real meaning to them. They could always draw upon that meaning to find the passion to pour into their singing.

There is no such thing as a "Neil and Stevie dynamic" and yet there she goes... desperately trying to act as if he shares even a modicum of history with her by singing at him. Pathetic. And I can understand why Neil might have a hard time singing passionately when he's performing a song that doesn't relate to him in any way.
Well, maybe if she's doing (or trying to do) her act with Neil instead of Lindsey is because it's pretty much the same for her, because after all it's just a performance for her. Maybe not for Lindsey, but she's proving the guy in front of her doesn't matter, as long as she can do her act. Pretty cynical, and totally predictable coming from her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 09-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Oh, definitely he needs her more than she needs him. I think she doesn't need anybody at this point in her life. Quite sad, actually. But I don't care, actually.

She doesn't even know what she's doing, I think. Singing those songs to Neil, who she barely knows? Next think we know she's gonna sing Landslide to Campbell.

I really, really hope Christine ran away at the end of this tour/leg/whatever. Fast. She doesn't seem happy. She needs to redeem herself. Mick and Stevie, they can burn in hell for all I know.
I think Christine is just as guilty for what has happened. There is no redemption for any of them. Good people take a stand.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I think Christine is just as guilty for what has happened. There is no redemption for any of them. Good people take a stand.
“Good people take a stand” is rather sanctimonious.

I’ve held off on saying much since Lindsey’s departure, but boiling it down to ‘good’ people/‘bad’ people and making the circumstances seem so black and white is pretty simplistic.

I am really sad Lindsey has gone. I am not a fan of the new lineup, and especially not of Stevie or Mick. However, in my view there is fault on Lindsey’s side, too, and allusions to that fault filtered out in one or two articles around the time of his departure. I don’t want to be accused of defamation so I’m not going to write more than that.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
That's what happens when you take a 15 year vacation. It weakens your position and you have zero say when you come back.

I often wonder what her circumstances were.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
“Good people take a stand” is rather sanctimonious
The sanctimony has been laid on pretty thick around here, lately.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

I should have been clearer. I think those who believe Lindsey was wronged should not give Christine a pass while slamming Stevie and Mick. I personally don’t know if Lindsey was wronged or not so I have no opinion about Christine.

If it’s true that Lindsey was fired for no good reason, then a wrong occurred. And I should have said the good/right thing to do is to take a stand. Not wait until after the tour is over.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The sanctimony has been laid on pretty thick around here, lately.
Yes, it seems like it might be in response to the negativity, name-calling, and band member bashing that's become so prevalent here.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's what happens when you take a 15 year vacation. It weakens your position and you have zero say when you come back.

I often wonder what her circumstances were.
Exactly! She stupidly thinks she owns that man (aka Mick) something because of all the "waiting and keeping you place safe" years. Really! Where's the Christine we all know?
Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Christine’s nearly 2 decade exile from the world really seems to have fundamentally altered her psyche. She emerged as this seemingly meek, humble person. Whereas before she was a pretty formidable character who pitied no fools. Part of this is most certainly age... she’s on the downhill to 80 now. But I think something else was at work during her time away, too. It wasn’t just an ugly divorce, fear of flying, etc that kept her away from the world for so long. I think she may have had some sort of breakdown. Ken Caillat certainly thought she was well on that road when he wrote his book.

Whatever the case, do I think Chris could have shut down all the events of this year? Old Christine could have, yes. But the power structure in the band is so very different now... the band is clearly not a democracy anymore, nor has Mick been the boss for decades. And in the end, what Stevie wants in the 21st century, Stevie gets. It also appears Lindsey’s firing & replacement took place entirely behind Christine’s back. Could Chris have simply chosen to walk away from this ridiculous charade? Possibly- but I’m guessing she’s avoiding isolation again at all costs.

So am I giving both of the McVie’s a free pass on everything? Kinda. They are the oldest & by far the most frail members of the band. Not to mention we still don’t really know what’s going on with John’s health, and if Christine may be keeping the peace in the band simply to stand with him. We simply don’t know. What we do know is Stevie’s ax to grind with Lindsey has degraded and that Mick will do absolutely anything to keep Stevie happy, the money flowing, and the band playing. So in the end, assigning blame isn’t being emotional or vindictive, it’s simply a matter of deduction.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Christine’s nearly 2 decade exile from the world really seems to have fundamentally altered her psyche. She emerged as this seemingly meek, humble person. Whereas before she was a pretty formidable character who pitied no fools. Part of this is most certainly age... she’s on the downhill to 80 now. But I think something else was at work during her time away, too. It wasn’t just an ugly divorce, fear of flying, etc that kept her away from the world for so long. I think she may have had some sort of breakdown. Ken Caillat certainly thought she was well on that road when he wrote his book.

Whatever the case, do I think Chris could have shut down all the events of this year? Old Christine could have, yes. But the power structure in the band is so very different now... the band is clearly not a democracy anymore, nor has Mick been the boss for decades. And in the end, what Stevie wants in the 21st century, Stevie gets. It also appears Lindsey’s firing & replacement took place entirely behind Christine’s back. Could Chris have simply chosen to walk away from this ridiculous charade? Possibly- but I’m guessing she’s avoiding isolation again at all costs.

So am I giving both of the McVie’s a free pass on everything? Kinda. They are the oldest & by far the most frail members of the band. Not to mention we still don’t really know what’s going on with John’s health, and if Christine may be keeping the peace in the band simply to stand with him. We simply don’t know. What we do know is Stevie’s ax to grind with Lindsey has degraded and that Mick will do absolutely anything to keep Stevie happy, the money flowing, and the band playing. So in the end, assigning blame isn’t being emotional or vindictive, it’s simply a matter of deduction.
Christine got into a bit of trouble after ITM. She fell down the steps and hurt her back. She was allegedly drinking and taking her pain meds. She eventually got help and woke up. God bless her.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

I’m sorry, but Stevie Nicks’ voice is just so monotone. She’s got no emotion, no range. I have no knock on Mike or Neil. Just doing a job. And how does one expect him to sing Lindsey’s parts in The Chain??? Of course he’s gonna try and deliver just like the album. Who really thinks he would start off doing his own version?
Old 09-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine got into a bit of trouble after ITM. She fell down the steps and hurt her back. She was allegedly drinking and taking her pain meds. She eventually got help and woke up. God bless her.
This...

ITM showed that her creative itch was returning, so I can't help but think if not for that mishap, she might've returned to the fold even sooner.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
This...

ITM showed that her creative itch was returning, so I can't help but think if not for that mishap, she might've returned to the fold even sooner.
She should have come back for the 2009 tour. I agree.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She should have come back for the 2009 tour. I agree.
If she had, it no doubt would've changed the trajectory this band has been on for the past decade.

Oh for what might have been... *sigh*