We got to install microwave ovens
custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators
we gotta move these color TV's
Old 03-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
She wrote about Lindsey , struggling and drugs now she is 70 Rich sober and single.
That's it....she's all about the drama and the passion and the heartbreak....she is not experiencing any of this emotion now so her writing is not at the amazing level it once was and she probably knows this. Its a sad reality but I guess who wants to feel that extreme emotion at nearly 70 anyway ?
Old 03-10-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Yeah but if she managed to write a song about Twilight of all things and a song based off 4 lines written about Annie Lennox that Dave sent her then I think she has it in her to be able to write something new that's meaningful IF she wants to. And it doesn't look like she wants to. I just can't get over how she said she doesn't write as many songs because the music industry is dead.
It's so insulting. People are out there creating and writing despite the industry. It's always been hard to break through, it will always be hard to break through.

Be grateful and use your gifts.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just want to know if we are ever going to get Deep Dense on record?!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
That's it....she's all about the drama and the passion and the heartbreak....she is not experiencing any of this emotion now so her writing is not at the amazing level it once was and she probably knows this. Its a sad reality but I guess who wants to feel that extreme emotion at nearly 70 anyway ?
She once said in the interview you have to know great heartache and pain to write a good song it was after she wrote Sara
Old 03-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
She once said in the interview you have to know great heartache and pain to write a good song it was after she wrote Sara
I love Sara...I feel like it's her magnum opus. I probably have other favorites of hers but I think in the grand scheme of things it's the best she's ever written. I love how it's about so many things, so many people. The "if you build your house, please call me home" is my favorite part. I love that line and I love how it repeats throughout the song and then is sort of like the 'climax' at that part. In my head I like to pretend it's not a reference to Don Henley literally building a house though because that's so literal and kinda a let down. I love the live version from Tusk doc too.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm wondering if FM fans will actually fork over up to 300 $ (modestly calculated) to see an oldie band with so many internal issues on a good-bye-tour? With a new album, the band would have gained some much needed momentum/relevance, a factor that Stevie obviously has failed to realize.

Personally, I will not pay another 300 € to hear the same set list and possibly ending up with Miss Nicks being fed up with something and not even trying to be professional, again.
Especially with the added vomit-inducing factor that Stevie will have a sudden (but very public) change of heart, exactly at the moment when FM starts promoting the tour. From then on, she will play the old Buckingham/Nicks angle, because, you know, she has always loved Lindsey so much. I cannot bear to witness any of that bull***** act again, it insults my intelligence and my sense for decency. Of course that applies to Lindseys part in this, too.

Mick has always been greedy, but he also has always been enthusiastic about recording, touring, being (with) FM.
Stevie sounds not only greedy, but also ungrateful, lazy and arrogant.

As you can see, I'm not exactly a Stevie fan right now, her recent interviews are just mean spirited and off-putting to me.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 03-10-2017 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
We got to install microwave ovens
custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators
we gotta move these color TV's
Ha ,I m sure she has forgotten what it's like to ask if someone wants more coffee or how to scrub the toilet
Old 03-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think a lot of Stevie's attitude today has to do with her realization that she isn't young anymore. She knows she's not going to be here forever and wants to do what makes her the most happy with the time she has left. Sure, money is another part of it, but I think it's because of this realization that money is a factor. She thinks touring is way more enjoyable than recording with FM and probably just wants to continue this momentum for as long as possible. Stevie is a person who feeds off of energy and she definitely gets that touring. Getting to perform some of her most-treasured songs to sold out crowds gives her this energy. She's always loved performing, now probably more than ever. Her tour has been selling extremely well and getting rave reviews, of course she wants this to be the same for Fleetwood Mac. Sure, I would like a Mac album with her on it, but if she continues with her solo endeavors I won't be upset.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I think a lot of Stevie's attitude today has to do with her realization that she isn't young anymore. She knows she's not going to be here forever and wants to do what makes her the most happy with the time she has left. Sure, money is another part of it, but I think it's because of this realization that money is a factor. She thinks touring is way more enjoyable than recording with FM and probably just wants to continue this momentum for as long as possible. Stevie is a person who feeds off of energy and she definitely gets that touring. Getting to perform some of her most-treasured songs to sold out crowds gives her this energy. She's always loved performing, now probably more than ever. Her tour has been selling extremely well and getting rave reviews, of course she wants this to be the same for Fleetwood Mac. Sure, I would like a Mac album with her on it, but if she continues with her solo endeavors I won't be upset.
Agree 100%.

Jamie
Old 03-10-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm wondering if FM fans will actually fork over up to 300 $ (modestly calculated) to see an oldie band with so many internal issues on a good-bye-tour? With a new album, the band would have gained some much needed momentum/relevance, a factor that Stevie obviously has failed to realize.

Personally, I will not pay another 300 € to hear the same set list and possibly ending up with Miss Nicks being fed up with something and not even trying to be professional, again.
Especially with the added vomit-inducing factor that Stevie will have a sudden (but very public) change of heart, exactly at the moment when FM starts promoting the tour. From then on, she will play the old Buckingham/Nicks angle, because, you know, she has always loved Lindsey so much. I cannot bear to witness any of that bull***** act again, it insults my intelligence and my sense for decency. Of course that applies to Lindseys part in this, too.

Mick has always been greedy, but he also has always been enthusiastic about recording, touring, being (with) FM.
Stevie sounds not only greedy, but also ungrateful, lazy and arrogant.

As you can see, I'm not exactly a Stevie fan right now, her recent interviews are just mean spirited and off-putting to me.
Absolutely... I'm almost as irritated with the other 4. I refuse to pay for another greatest hits tour.

At least Christine and Lindsey finally had the guts to create new music. I hope they tour and not worry about money and big shows and basking in fame. I could see them playing some fantastic theaters and thrilling fans across the world.

What a way to go out with class. New music... intimate tour.. freedom from that FM machine... What a wonderful artistic adventure.

My image of Stevie Nicks has changed so much over the last decade. She's cheapened herself.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-10-2017 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Absolutely... I'm almost as irritated with the other 4. I refuse to pay for another greatest hits tour.

At least Christine and Lindsey finally had the guts to create new music. I hope they tour and not worry about money and big shows and basking in fame. I could see them playing some fantastic theaters and thrilling fans across the world.

What a way to go out with class. New music... intimate tour.. freedom from that FM machine... What a wonderful artistic adventure.

My image of Stevie Nicks has changed so much over the last decade. She's cheapened herself.

I agree with you
Old 03-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

I think the 20 or so people who post on this board daily may understand where you're coming from, but yes, I do think thousands of people will pay upwards of $300 again to see FM live. Especially if it were a goodbye tour. Absolutely.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think the 20 or so people who post on this board daily may understand where you're coming from, but yes, I do think thousands of people will pay upwards of $300 again to see FM live. Especially if it were a goodbye tour. Absolutely.
$300??? try upwards of $600
Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok... $600.