User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
only the BORING get bored my dear! go do something, ANYTHING, before the devil gets his hands on you..........

that's what i was always told. *peeps around corner*
My mother used to say, "Only boring people get bored," every single time we complained of boredom. It was a pretty good method of shutting up three whiny pre-schoolers! In fact, to this day I literally never refer to boredom (I do, however, whine about pretty much everything else--not my best quality). Even hearing the words makes me uncomfortable.
Mama was pretty darn good at training her monkeys.

Mark, as if you needed another lecturing mother in your life, mine would bark "Read a book! Go outside! Take a walk!"
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
My mother used to say, "Only boring people get bored," every single time we complained of boredom. It was a pretty good method of shutting up three whiny pre-schoolers! In fact, to this day I literally never refer to boredom (I do, however, whine about pretty much everything else--not my best quality). Even hearing the words makes me uncomfortable.
Mama was pretty darn good at training her monkeys.

Mark, as if you needed another lecturing mother in your life, mine would bark "Read a book! Go outside! Take a walk!"
yeah now i say it when people say "i'm bored" to me. but honestly, i'm not one to actually get bored. if i get that lingering feeling, i'll hop up and do some jumping jacks lol! i usually keep my mind going with something so that RARELY happens in my world.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
yeah now i say it when people say "i'm bored" to me. but honestly, i'm not one to actually get bored. if i get that lingering feeling, i'll hop up and do some jumping jacks lol! i usually keep my mind going with something so that RARELY happens in my world.
Mimi, I'm more convinced all the time that you have more energy than anyone I've ever met.

I'm not one to get bored, either, but I go in the opposite direction: I'm way too content to loaf around the internet
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm not one to get bored, either, but I go in the opposite direction: I'm way too content to loaf around the internet
Agreed. But for me, it leaves me still bored but with a less than healthy dose of self-hatred added to it.
You're so like me
Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mimi, I'm more convinced all the time that you have more energy than anyone I've ever met.

i do have a lot of energy acutally

when i'm tired, i'm knocked OUT! when i'm up..........i'm a busy bee! lol!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Agreed. But for me, it leaves me still bored but with a less than healthy dose of self-hatred added to it.
just hop up and do some football presses or run in place. or just go put on makeup for no reason. i did this one day when i was feeling...............IDLE

Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS....

Today I had a test that I got a 100 on(of course lol). We also voted for "Class Representatives" cause for some reason we need class rep's now....We had to choose 3 people...guess who is one of those Student Reps?!?! ME Not quite sure what my job is, but I'm glad people like me enough to pick me LOL

Oh and I also had my first RELAXER today!! I was SOOOO scared! But I did REALLY good! Even with my half ass partner lol She half assed her side of the head when blow drying and I had to call in one of my friends to redo it!! Btw...when she was done blow drying he left school for a "doctor appt" and left me with the hair cut AND blow dry and flat iron!! Thank GOD Jen and Jess helped me!!!

but I got the $8 tip ;-)

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS....

Today I had a test that I got a 100 on(of course lol). We also voted for "Class Representatives" cause for some reason we need class rep's now....We had to choose 3 people...guess who is one of those Student Reps?!?! ME Not quite sure what my job is, but I'm glad people like me enough to pick me LOL

Oh and I also had my first RELAXER today!! I was SOOOO scared! But I did REALLY good! Even with my half ass partner lol She half assed her side of the head when blow drying and I had to call in one of my friends to redo it!! Btw...when she was done blow drying he left school for a "doctor appt" and left me with the hair cut AND blow dry and flat iron!! Thank GOD Jen and Jess helped me!!!

but I got the $8 tip ;-)
8$ tip? Then you must have done good work congrats
Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lillith- View Post
8$ tip? Then you must have done good work congrats
THANKS!! yep =) I wish I took a picture!! It came out really good!! I've never had to deal with kinky curly hair like that before!! but good thing I watch my spanish friends at school do hair and I got some tips from them.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
THANKS!! yep =) I wish I took a picture!! It came out really good!! I've never had to deal with kinky curly hair like that before!! but good thing I watch my spanish friends at school do hair and I got some tips from them.
i have a good friend who is becoming a hairdresser at the moment as well.
She offered me to do my perms for free
When i decided what i will become i thought about it as well, but then decided to become (kindergarten) teacher
I colored mum s hair a few times
Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i have a good friend who is becoming a hairdresser at the moment as well.
She offered me to do my perms for free
When i decided what i will become i thought about it as well, but then decided to become (kindergarten) teacher
I colored mum s hair a few times
Thats awesome!! I actually dont mind perms =) Id rather do a perm then a relaxer LOL Aww a kindergarten teacher?!?! How cuteee!!!
I was coloring my friends hair WAAAAAY before I started going to school for hair

I guess its my DESTINY =)

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Thats awesome!! I actually dont mind perms =) Id rather do a perm then a relaxer LOL Aww a kindergarten teacher?!?! How cuteee!!!
I was coloring my friends hair WAAAAAY before I started going to school for hair

I guess its my DESTINY =)
Perms are cool, i wanted curls so badly and looked like fresh out of the 80s the first time but now it looks really cool.
My hairdresser was afraid of that decision
Kindergarten teacher yes, but i am starting to work in an after school care club with older kids(6-11).
I am nearly done with school took me 4 years now !
yes was coloring hairs sometimes as well but the last time it really didnt look all that good... i was pretty sorry
Old 04-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perms are cool, i wanted curls so badly and looked like fresh out of the 80s the first time but now it looks really cool.
My hairdresser was afraid of that decision
Kindergarten teacher yes, but i am starting to work in an after school care club with older kids(6-11).
I am nearly done with school took me 4 years now !
yes was coloring hairs sometimes as well but the last time it really didnt look all that good... i was pretty sorry
Did you get regular perm rods for your perm? I gave my friend a perm a couple weeks ago and I did sponge rods which are a bit more softer and less "grandma" looking lol
What are you going to school for?

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Did you get regular perm rods for your perm? I gave my friend a perm a couple weeks ago and I did sponge rods which are a bit more softer and less "grandma" looking lol
What are you going to school for?
I have a regular perm. But I have long hair and it looks pretty good, but i as afraid it would look a little grandma like or strange.
It gets softer after a few days... The first day it looks pretty ...big ..

If you want to become a kindergarten teacher in germany, you have to go to school for like 5 years. I am done with my 4 years the last year is working and school every once in a while.
It s a long time , i am glad when i finally can start to earn my own money

how long do you have to go to school ?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a regular perm. But I have long hair and it looks pretty good, but i as afraid it would look a little grandma like or strange.
It gets softer after a few days... The first day it looks pretty ...big ..

If you want to become a kindergarten teacher in germany, you have to go to school for like 5 years. I am done with my 4 years the last year is working and school every once in a while.
It s a long time , i am glad when i finally can start to earn my own money

how long do you have to go to school ?
Oh wow you live in Germany?!?!
My best friend is going to school for Special Education. I think her last year she works in a classroom or something like that...
I only go to school for 8 months lol

~Love, Caitlin~