Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Sigh. When did reading become optional?

For the last time, let me say this:

It is not that Lindsey Buckingham, multi millionaire, got fired.

It's that the band of five, who represented such a great part of my memories of many years of my life, is now no longer, and that it was torn apart in such an ugly, nasty way.

It's the loss of that last connection to many meaningful times enjoying their music, and the knowledge I'll never get to repeat that magic in person, in concert, again.

Again, if you don't care, that's fine. I'm not the one being b*tchy to you about how you respond to what's going on. To each their own.
LOL. Since when? That is exactly how many of you have treated people who feel differently than you do. And that started way before this incident.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, some people have snorted too many glitter farts from you know who's a*s.

I totally get your point and sympathize with your feelings.

Some people don't get it because they STILL hasn't processed the fact that you know who destroyed FM, so everything that comes after that is non existant to them
Right on cue!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am terribly saddened by this; I find it absolutely heartbreaking. If you don't have a problem with it, great, but there's no need to kick the people who are already down.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, for those that don't like the word death and RIP used, think of it as a major loss to a lot of people that care a great deal for Lindsey and his music, and what it means to them. There's a lot of emotions and personal memories tied to it. And if you think about it, the stages of grieving start with denial; like "They can't be serious!" "This just can't be happening!" Some folks are still there. Then there's anger. A lot of people are way past denying this is happening. It's painfully real and raw. This is a message board and people are grieving.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, some of us who are fans of the entire history of the band and see this as just another chapter in a sh*tshow of epic magnitude. In some way, I’d almost be more upset if they had the predictable happy ending.

(That said, I think they blew it by not sacking Stevie last year…)
see i understand liking the history and preferring other versions over BN one. what i don't get is how can you have high hopes for the version with SN in the mix. i kinda wonder whether she'll cause this version to implode already during rehearsals. the chemistry certainly appeared very negative in that interview.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see i understand liking the history and preferring other versions over BN one. what i don't get is how can you have high hopes for the version with SN in the mix. i kinda wonder whether she'll cause this version to implode already during rehearsals. the chemistry certainly appeared very negative in that interview.
Going by the last few studio albums with Stevie, I fully expect that I’ll skip most of her songs. The only reason I have any hope for the band is the caliber musicians they brought in. If they had gotten crappy musicians, I’d be out, too. But my enjoyment of Fleetwood Mac has almost been in spite of Stevie since at least 1991.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They may make money from the tour but a new album without the classic Rumours lineup would be DOA. I'm sure Mick realizes this and will cough up one last cashgrab album of "new" unreleased demos.

Might as well call it 24KT Mold: Songs from the Crypt.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
LOL. Since when? That is exactly how many of you have treated people who feel differently than you do. And that started way before this incident.
I have never treated anyone who thinks Stevie (or Chris or Mick or John etc) is great disrespectfully.

*I* have always been a huge Stevie fan, and have always said so. I've always even said, for that matter, that I think Lindsey was likely abusive to Stevie back in the day. Which p*sses off many of the Lindsey people. My perspective has always been that every single member of this band is a flawed individual (just like everybody is) and that blindly worshipping any one of them is not my thing. But I love, love what they produce together.

But when one of them behaves badly, I have no issue calling it out. And I think Stevie and Mick have behaved badly.

If you have issues with other people on here, work it out with them.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just to make it clear - although you might expect it, this acct is not me!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I am terribly saddened by this; I find it absolutely heartbreaking. If you don't have a problem with it, great, but there's no need to kick the people who are already down.
THIS................is just so absolutely perfectly true. I am so saddened by the whole thing. And I will respect those who are happy, but they need to stop saying "Get over it." To me, in my little world, it's too big a deal to "get over."
Old 04-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, some people have snorted too many glitter farts from you know who's a*s.

I totally get your point and sympathize with your feelings.

Some people don't get it because they STILL hasn't processed the fact that you know who destroyed FM, so everything that comes after that is non existant to them
thank you
Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

just to make it clear - although you might expect it, this acct is not me!
well I have a secret internet source who tells me it might be...... JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!
Just having a little fun with all the "who's your source?" stuff going around.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Right on cue!
That's because I have "too much time on my hands"

Nobody's forcing you to read and answer and yet....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-26-2018 at 10:57 PM..
Old 04-26-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have never treated anyone who thinks Stevie (or Chris or Mick or John etc) is great disrespectfully.

*I* have always been a huge Stevie fan, and have always said so. I've always even said, for that matter, that I think Lindsey was likely abusive to Stevie back in the day. Which p*sses off many of the Lindsey people. My perspective has always been that every single member of this band is a flawed individual (just like everybody is) and that blindly worshipping any one of them is not my thing. But I love, love what they produce together.

But when one of them behaves badly, I have no issue calling it out. And I think Stevie and Mick have behaved badly.

If you have issues with other people on here, work it out with them.
It was all Mick's fault. Stevie's just a puppet. That's why she was so sad yesterday.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sigh. When did reading become optional?

For the last time, let me say this:

It is not that Lindsey Buckingham, multi millionaire, got fired.

It's that the band of five, who represented such a great part of my memories of many years of my life, is now no longer, and that it was torn apart in such an ugly, nasty way.

It's the loss of that last connection to many meaningful times enjoying their music, and the knowledge I'll never get to repeat that magic in person, in concert, again.

Again, if you don't care, that's fine. I'm not the one being b*tchy to you about how you respond to what's going on. To each their own.
~Some people~, just can't understand. They can't get over the fact that their queen is a back stabbing *****. So they lash out at everyone else, telling them to get over it.