User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
So you think you'll be able to go? I didn't want to be too over-congratulatory before it was likely
Well.... I don't really know, but I think it's a decent chance. Decent enough that I'm letting myself get a little excited. Watch me screw myself over, though. My dad's being a bit inconsistent right now (this morning he was in a bad mood and making the New York thing sound iffy too when yesterday, it was a done deal) so I shouldn't say anything one way or another.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
Mostly Wiltshire, Somerset, and Kent.

My boyfriend's family live a little more north, in Kensington.
Oh cool, Wiltshire and Somerset are pretty close to where I am in South Wales... by "pretty close" I mean like an hour and a half away which I supposed isn't that close at all
Old 04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Congrats.

I go to England all the time to visit my family and my boyfriend's family. You'll be in the North East though, and I usually go to the South. I would love to meet you, though.
Myself, Rowan, Georgie and a few others were discussing a "Ledgie Reunion" in England a while ago, actually. It would be nice to get together and just hang out for a while. We already know we have something in common lol!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Oh cool, Wiltshire and Somerset are pretty close to where I am in South Wales... by "pretty close" I mean like an hour and a half away which I supposed isn't that close at all
I've been to Wales many times. Mostly because my brothers and boyfriend wanted to go to a Rugby match.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Myself, Rowan, Georgie and a few others were discussing a "Ledgie Reunion" in England a while ago, actually. It would be nice to get together and just hang out for a while. We already know we have something in common lol!
Sounds delish. My evil mind is already starting to turn...
Old 04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sounds delish. My evil mind is already starting to turn...
Evil minds turning? Sounds good!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We're going to get evilly drunk.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm ridiculously excited/happy at the moment, my friend Ami and I are planning a holiday in July to go to Spain together for a week! I'm literally bouncing off the walls, I haven't been on holiday for about 3/4 years, so I'm ridiculously excited.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS

...That I am royally pissed about the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live. I spent almost a year interning at One Life and absolutely loved everyone there--incredibly nice people who treated their interns with respect.
Soaps get a bad rap (often deservedly--there are some hilarious spoofs out there), but quality really is impressive given the amount of material they have to pump out, evil twins and all. I feel terrible for my former co-workers who absolutely slaved for these shows, and for the larger television industry in New York--it was a great gig for a lot of actors.
And though I realize soaps are kind of a ridiculous thing to get sappy about, I really feel for the viewers, many of whom have been watching for decades. In no other genre can you follow a character throughout his life like that.
This sucks.

I have no idea how to embed, but let's remember happier/campier times with a brilliantly over the top clip of Elizabeth Taylor in her cameo as Helena Cassadine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-o6UMiwJFM

Last edited by mezzoforte; 04-14-2011 at 05:51 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
We're going to get evilly drunk.
Does this mean I'm going to be the designated "responsible adult" then, as I don't drink? Gah...If Creepy (Don't mind me calling you Creepy, do you CreepingDeath? I do so fondly) doesn't come I'll be the oldest one there lol. Uck. You know you're getting old when going out with teenagers makes you feel like one of their parents lol...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Beee no. I won't be going home so I won't need driving anywheree. Also if it's in theday then we won't be drunk anyway. I lioke alcohol ok?

You're awesome.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
JTIS

...That I am royally pissed about the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live. I spent almost a year interning at One Life and absolutely loved everyone there--incredibly nice people who treated their interns with respect.
Soaps get a bad rap (often deservedly--there are some hilarious spoofs out there), but quality really is impressive given the amount of material they have to pump out, evil twins and all. I feel terrible for my former co-workers who absolutely slaved for these shows, and for the larger television industry in New York--it was a great gig for a lot of actors.
And though I realize soaps are kind of a ridiculous thing to get sappy about, I really feel for the viewers, many of whom have been watching for decades. In no other genre can you follow a character throughout his life like that.
This sucks.

I have no idea how to embed, but let's remember happier/campier times with a brilliantly over the top clip of Elizabeth Taylor in her cameo as Helena Cassadine:

I felt the same way when they canceled Guiding Light. Fourth generation viewer. Yeah, it's cheesey sometimes, but compared to what we see on reality TV. I think this spells the end for all American soaps.

That must have been so much fun to intern at a soap!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
JTIS

...That I am royally pissed about the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live.
I watched AMC from 1977 until November of 2010. I stopped watching it because it was really boring and had been really boring for almost 2 years. I have watched OLTL since 1993 and it is the only tv show I currently watch. I love the show, though its ending is bittersweet for me. Truthfully it is hard to keep up with a daily tv show. My interests no longer are with tv. They are strictly computer related. So I'm sad and relieved all at the same time.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
JTIS

This sucks.

I feel your pain. I'm still in mourning over Guiding Light getting cancelled. Watching it with my Gran is one of the earliest television memories I have. At least I still have The Young and the Restless (for now).
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Does this mean I'm going to be the designated "responsible adult" then, as I don't drink? Gah...If Creepy (Don't mind me calling you Creepy, do you CreepingDeath? I do so fondly) doesn't come I'll be the oldest one there lol. Uck. You know you're getting old when going out with teenagers makes you feel like one of their parents lol...
Ha. You may call me whatever you like, hun.

I've never been much of a drinker (other addictions have haunted me) so not only will I be the old lady :/ but I probably won't be drunk, either. I can still get into a surprising amount of trouble sober though. You guys would be in serious danger of having an inmate run the asylum.

Last edited by CreepingDeath; 04-15-2011 at 01:41 AM..