User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
[COLOR="Teal"]I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Is it that this look and how he chooses to present himself now as the "seasoned veteran" of music are so far removed that they seem almost independent of the other? That's what I got. But maybe it's just me over thinking something that is probably very simple, haha. Could be that you just aren't very fond of Rumours and White Album era Lindsey, haha.
No, I guess I'm just saying that that look masks his personality. I don't see any of him coming through it. Now, when I hear early interviews from that time, it's still Lindsey: his manner of expression, his voice, his thoughts. I "recognize" him. But appearance wise, that hairy kimono Lindsey is just incompatible with what he is in my mind.

But you're right. I don't like the look aesthetically, so that's probably why it doesn't comport or jive with my image of Lindsey.

There are old pictures, like when he has Christine and Stevie around the neck or there's this video clip when he's grumpy and saying something in reply to John like, "I'm tired too" and I go, "there's my guy." But mostly I feel like the hair obscures and keeps him from me. But then again, I feel the same way about the cover of Law and Order. I think that is very gorgeous and I love it, in a way. But I think it's making Lindsey inaccessible.

Michele
Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, I guess I'm just saying that that look masks his personality. I don't see any of him coming through it. Now, when I hear early interviews from that time, it's still Lindsey: his manner of expression, his voice, his thoughts. I "recognize" him. But appearance wise, that hairy kimono Lindsey is just incompatible with what he is in my mind.

But you're right. I don't like the look aesthetically, so that's probably why it doesn't comport or jive with my image of Lindsey.

There are old pictures, like when he has Christine and Stevie around the neck or there's this video clip when he's grumpy and saying something in reply to John like, "I'm tired too" and I go, "there's my guy." But mostly I feel like the hair obscures and keeps him from me. But then again, I feel the same way about the cover of Law and Order. I think that is very gorgeous and I love it, in a way. But I think it's making Lindsey inaccessible.

Michele
Ahhh. I understand what you're getting at now. And I do somewhat agree. There is a certain level of fakery with his appearance that doesn't quite gel with him as a person. It doesn't express him to his optimum. I've always felt that the "grungy" looks were more Lindsey. Because they purveyed the sense of not caring a jot what anybody else thought as long as he was being true to himself and being what he wanted to be.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ahhh. I understand what you're getting at now. And I do somewhat agree. There is a certain level of fakery with his appearance that doesn't quite gel with him as a person. It doesn't express him to his optimum. I've always felt that the "grungy" looks were more Lindsey. Because they purveyed the sense of not caring a jot what anybody else thought as long as he was being true to himself and being what he wanted to be.
For me, the natty, effeminate look he had for Tusk was a lot like his personality too, because it was very carefully constructed as was his music. Plus, after I read what Carol wrote about how his bandmates reacted negatively, it seemed like a mode of confrontation. In fact, despite the fact that his suits were tailored, the hair meticulous and the eyes lined, it said "I don't care" more than the hippy look does to me, because grunge was so common and accepted among his peers. It was the "normal" for then. But when those locks were shorn, his originality came out -- well, within the context of Fleetwood Mac and its fans, anyway. When you look at musicians as a whole, punk rockers, etc., Lindsey's Tusk look wasn't that avant-garde or original.

Michele
Old 01-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
For me, the natty, effeminate look he had for Tusk was a lot like his personality too, because it was very carefully constructed as was his music. Plus, after I read what Carol wrote about how his bandmates reacted negatively, it seemed like a mode of confrontation. In fact, despite the fact that his suits were tailored, the hair meticulous and the eyes lined, it said "I don't care" more than the hippy look does to me, because grunge was so common and accepted among his peers. It was the "normal" for then. But when those locks were shorn, his originality came out -- well, within the context of Fleetwood Mac and its fans, anyway. When you look at musicians as a whole, punk rockers, etc., Lindsey's Tusk look wasn't that avant-garde or original.

Michele
I suppose I have the same inability to accept Lindsey in perfectly preened outfits as you do with his much more Bohemian look. The suits, manicured hair and everything else do smack of the way he chooses to present himself eloquently and articulately through his speeches and anecdotes. But at the same does, it doesn't feel to me as though it is all he is about. There's no denying that he still has a Bohemian mentality. And the Armani and eyeliner just feel so much like a mask to hide the awkward, constantly thinking and questioning individual beneath. I can appreciate it on a purely aesthetic level. But beyond that just jars a bit with me.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[COLOR="Teal"]The suits, manicured hair and everything else do smack of the way he chooses to present himself eloquently and articulately through his speeches and anecdotes.
Oh, I get what you're saying because they don't remind me of the speeches, that I wouldn't like either. They remind me of the precision in his production. That hair, those suits, the make up, they look like the guy who says: I want the sound of breaking glass here. I want a hiccup there. I want to spend a day trying to make my guitar sound like cascading violins.

Michele
Old 01-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I get what you're saying because they don't remind me of the speeches, that I wouldn't like either. They remind me of the precision in his production. That hair, those suits, the make up, they look like the guy who says: I want the sound of breaking glass here. I want a hiccup there. I want to spend a day trying to make my guitar sound like cascading violins.

Michele
You do realise that I'm going to spend the rest of the evening scouring his albums for the sound of that elusive hiccough now, don't you
Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You do realise that I'm going to spend the rest of the evening scouring his albums for the sound of that elusive hiccough now, don't you
I was thinking about Time Bomb Town, really. So, scouring the albums would be for naught.

Michele
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I was thinking about Time Bomb Town, really. So, scouring the albums would be for naught.

Michele
Well thanks for narrowing it down for me, haha! I'll have to have a listen and pay close attention for that hiccough
Old 01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
... the fact that his suits were tailored, the hair meticulous and the eyes lined, it said "I don't care" more than the hippy look does to me, because grunge was so common and accepted among his peers. It was the "normal" for then. But when those locks were shorn, his originality came out -- well, within the context of Fleetwood Mac and its fans, anyway. When you look at musicians as a whole, punk rockers, etc., Lindsey's Tusk look wasn't that avant-garde or original.

Michele
I've always thought he sort of went with the trends, at least up until The Dance where I guess he was just at the age where you stop concerning yourself with what's "in". For example, the suspenders, baggy pleated dress slacks and the pinstripes he wore in the TITN era. So 1987.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Photo Captions !!!

Our photo caption for that LeeLee clip about babies ...
would be " Your not staying with me tonight? Oh, no, \Stay!
Please stay!" He looks like he's needing TLC from Mrs.B.!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

This man is gorgeous. That's final.

When he was younger of course lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
This man is gorgeous. That's final.

When he was younger of course lol.
Oh. So what is he now, chopped liver?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Nah, I still love him now, just not in that holy-crap-he's-dead-sexy kind of way xD
Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Nah, I still love him now, just not in that holy-crap-he's-dead-sexy kind of way xD
I know and understand Dove. But let me tell you, in person he looks 1 trillion x more attractive than any of these new pics. He's going for the natural look these days and we've (for the most part) accepted it. Still gorgeous to me anyway.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL