Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I have to say I agree in part and disagree in part. I do find some to be rather "odd" in their wording just as some of the responses to the Ask Stevie are, but I don't think they are fake. Of course she knows they are going to be viewed by anyone that logs on to the site and I'm sure she wouldn't expose anything she doesn't want anyone else to read. As for the dramatics of her writing, I have no doubt she does use those symbols...when I write in a journal, I do - and we all know how dramatic Stevie is so I don't doubt she actually uses them...we've even seen notes, lyric sheets and old poems where she uses such constantly.

yeah. i guess i just feel like she's trying to impress us. she wants us to see her compassion and her sensitivity - and it just comes across as too much to me. we know she is sensitive and compassionate - i don't think she needs to put it out there so blatently. you know, you get the feeling she is being charitable so that she can say, "look, i gave out all these ipods! i am so generous." (and truth be told, she sort of acts like A) no one has ever owned an iPod before she started giving them out, and B) that her music alone is the key to their getting better. it feels a little creepy and self-centered to me. i am most often impressed by the people who quietly donate to causes anonymously - who don't seek praise and gratification themselves from it. this is just how she comes across to me in those journal entries.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
yeah. i guess i just feel like she's trying to impress us. she wants us to see her compassion and her sensitivity - and it just comes across as too much to me. we know she is sensitive and compassionate - i don't think she needs to put it out there so blatently. you know, you get the feeling she is being charitable so that she can say, "look, i gave out all these ipods! i am so generous." (and truth be told, she sort of acts like A) no one has ever owned an iPod before she started giving them out, and B) that her music alone is the key to their getting better. it feels a little creepy and self-centered to me. i am most often impressed by the people who quietly donate to causes anonymously - who don't seek praise and gratification themselves from it. this is just how she comes across to me in those journal entries.
Yes. You've expressed my thoughts so much more eloquently than I did! I agree that she has written these "journal entries" for the public. If she really writes like this, as if she has an audience, when she is writing for herself in her own journal, then that is even more creepy.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very interesting...I did not see it like that at all and this was mentioned in another thread. I honestly believe she posted those entries to raise awareness and educate people regarding the brutality of the war (regardless of how she feels about it) and more importantly the soldiers who put their lives on the line for our country. I really do not think Stevie Nicks needs to impress us at this point in her life with her charitable contributions. I believe she knows that her fans who read her journal entries are aware that she is a kind and caring person. I saw this as a completely selfless act and I can't believe people actually think she is posting the journal entries for self gratification purposes. There are plenty of other things she could be doing besides visiting wounded soldiers but she chooses to do this and give of herself. Now that being said Stevie does have a way of sounding self-important (and I'll be the first to admit that) but I honestly think that was not her intent in sharing these with us and if she does come across that way in the journal entries it's anything but their intended meaning. Can't you just look beyond that and see that she may be helping these people and taking them out of a dark place? That's just Stevie, accept her and see the good in what she is doing.

I am personally so glad to have any of her journal entries shared with us. Would you rather have not heard about this at all? It has definitely meant something to me and made me think twice about these soldiers and all they do for us so in my mind the journal entries have served a purpose and I think that was her point. People (like myself) look up to Stevie and reading what she said has definitely given me new perspective on what these men and women have done for us. I didn't look at as "Stevie is writing another self-important journal entry" but rather, "Wow, these men and women have done so much for our country and I'm so thrilled that someone they respect and admire can bring a little joy into their world because Lord knows they deserve it!".
Old 03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister
Very interesting...
I agree totally - very well said.

I would add that I can see how some would perceive her entries as "Hey, look at me, I'm fabulous and my music is healing..." BUT I think you have to stop and say hey this is Stevie and I don't think she has a selfish bone and has been so removed from "reality" for so long that some things we may perceive as weird or selfish or conceited aren't at all in her intentions.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
I AGREE!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, OSOTM and Street Angel are my faves.

I love the whole BIG late 80's-ness thing.

I love all her alter egos.

There are other things, I just can't think of them right now.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, I love Whole Lotta Trouble and Desert Angel

I thought her sweater for the Say You Will tour was very cute

I think she still loves Lindsey, but they'll most likely never get back together

I don't like that she cut her bangs again after part of the Say You Will tour

I actually like her songs on Tango

I'm sure I can think of some more, just give me a sec. ~ Kristen
Old 02-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think OSOTM is horrible

I think her setlists are tiresome, and some of the classics should be out of the rotation... for a while

I thought the Enchanted tour was great

I think she's blind as a bat, hey it happens

I think she really digs playing at Red Rocks, and it the most sincere when she speaks to the fans there
Old 02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelD View Post
I think OSOTM is horrible

I think her setlists are tiresome, and some of the classics should be out of the rotation... for a while

I thought the Enchanted tour was great
hey, this thread is about unpopular opinions!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 AM
The Mac Stevie
This message has been deleted by SuzeQuze.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac Stevie View Post
Listen to Russ Aimz's GYPSY cover at myspace, click here

Please remove all of these links. The Ledge FAQ's specifically prohibit spamming.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Engagement.. What?

[QUOTE=StreetAngel86;504194]then why was..and why does she still wear the engagement ring?

So, I'd like to hear more about this marriage proposal and engagement ring - and the assertion that Stevie still wears it.

I've never heard of this... Please fill me in.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

- I love Paper Doll and No Questions Asked
- I think Sister Honey is one of her best RAL songs
- I hate Live at Red Rocks
- She will never, ever, ever ,ever be boring/past it/dull/crap - SHE. IS. STEVIE
- I think Two Kinds of Love should be burned!!
- I think that That Made Me Stronger is one of her best TISL songs
- When I See You Again is awful!
- I am Not Keen on Storms
- She is the highlight of Mirage
- I like Desert Angel and LOVE Sometimes It's a Bitch
Old 02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Very interesting...I did not see it like that at all and this was mentioned in another thread. I honestly believe she posted those entries to raise awareness and educate people regarding the brutality of the war (regardless of how she feels about it) and more importantly the soldiers who put their lives on the line for our country. I really do not think Stevie Nicks needs to impress us at this point in her life with her charitable contributions. I believe she knows that her fans who read her journal entries are aware that she is a kind and caring person. I saw this as a completely selfless act and I can't believe people actually think she is posting the journal entries for self gratification purposes. There are plenty of other things she could be doing besides visiting wounded soldiers but she chooses to do this and give of herself. Now that being said Stevie does have a way of sounding self-important (and I'll be the first to admit that) but I honestly think that was not her intent in sharing these with us and if she does come across that way in the journal entries it's anything but their intended meaning. Can't you just look beyond that and see that she may be helping these people and taking them out of a dark place? That's just Stevie, accept her and see the good in what she is doing.

I am personally so glad to have any of her journal entries shared with us. Would you rather have not heard about this at all? It has definitely meant something to me and made me think twice about these soldiers and all they do for us so in my mind the journal entries have served a purpose and I think that was her point. People (like myself) look up to Stevie and reading what she said has definitely given me new perspective on what these men and women have done for us. I didn't look at as "Stevie is writing another self-important journal entry" but rather, "Wow, these men and women have done so much for our country and I'm so thrilled that someone they respect and admire can bring a little joy into their world because Lord knows they deserve it!".
Having thrown many a charity event, I can tell you that her public endoresement of this raises an awareness money cannot buy. So, I cannot fault her for using that power and any charity in its right mind would take it in a second. Moreover, quiet donations are all fine and dandy for established charities like The Red Cross, but this is something new, like the helmut protection thing Cher was publicizing. So, I do not get the hate on her actions in promoting it.

As for the self important aspect, when you are one of the most famous people in the world and have been since like 1974 - and literally thousands of people clamour for your attention, stalk you, and tell you every night how your music changed their lives, I think you start to believe it and are in awe of it. That is what she means when she says she believes she was put on this planet to make people better through her music, like Rhiannon did with her birds and song. I think that is why she puts her music and other music? on those iPods. Again, who on this board if they met her would not tell her some version of how important her music is to you, how it changed you, etc. So, I cut her some slack here because she is correct that her music has inspired and helped heal literally thousands of people.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-07-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Old 02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE Listen To The Rain....
Old 02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I LOVE Listen To The Rain....
Me too! I think it should have been released as a single.