The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The degree to which I do not want to go to my psych class in twenty minutes is truly astounding. Blahhh. I hate Mondays.
You're so like me
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So excited to pick up Robbie Robertson's new album tomorrow. It's been 13 years since his last one. I love everything he put out so far. So pumped

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
So excited to pick up Robbie Robertson's new album tomorrow. It's been 13 years since his last one. I love everything he put out so far. So pumped

Mick
I haven't heard his stuff outside The Band, but I do like his guitar playing and some of his songs. Any recommendations?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh sure his first 2 albums which are called Robbie Robertson, and Storyville. His voice takes a little getting used to.....But both those are top notch records

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
for bfast i had grits and salmon and now i'm eating hershey kisses. smh @ my fatness! and i'm trying to lose another 10-15 pounds! lol!
I've only put on a couple of pounds, but I just feel so flabby, right now. I've stopped wearing the small shirts I love, and have been wearing looser mediums, the past few days.

It's.go.time.now.
I'm gonna kick this flab to the fukcing curb.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've only put on a couple of pounds, but I just feel so flabby, right now. I've stopped wearing the small shirts I love, and have been wearing looser mediums, the past few days.

It's.go.time.now.
I'm gonna kick this flab to the fukcing curb.
I've just officially started your prescription salad diet, by the way. I over being doughy in the middle.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've just officially started your prescription salad diet, by the way. I over being doughy in the middle.
Yep, I'm back on it today. I'm serious. I've only gained 2-3 lbs, but it FEELS like 15. I wanna wear small, tight T-shirts. And I can't, right now.
So it's go time!

I just have to retrain myself. Not that big of a deal. I don't mind being hungry. For some time now, I was getting away with eating more, without much consequence. Now, it's starting to catch up with me.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A wise woman once told me (OK, so it was Joanna Lumley in her own autobiography but whatever ) that the trick to losing weight and keeping it off is to stop craving food and use it just as a means to stop your stomach rumbling.

Must work, she's still in fantastic shape!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm trying to drop five-ten before the summer comes as well. My goal is to go to the gym twice a week (I'm at zero now, but once spring fully comes, that'll be really more than enough. I'm just outside and more active in general more when I can be), and I'm trying to make one healthier choice at every meal.
You're so like me
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been a hardcore dieting bitch/gym rat the past few weeks and I only feel the slightest improvement. I <3 having a thyroid disorder that screws with my metabolism.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My rules for weight loss:

-no calorie counting.
-avoid any food that is white (except egg whites). This includes sugar, milk, white bread, white pasta, cheese, etc.
-no meat.
-lots of veggies, fruit and nuts.
-low salt.
-no eating three hours before bed time.
-no cardio. Only weights
Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
My rules for weight loss:

-no calorie counting.
-avoid any food that is white (except egg whites). This includes sugar, milk, white bread, white pasta, cheese, etc.
-no meat.
-lots of veggies, fruit and nuts.
-low salt.
-no eating three hours before bed time.
-no cardio. Only weights

I agree on all above (except no meat), but...

Why no cardio? Increasing my cardio frequency & intensity (along with weights) was what kick-started my weight loss a few years back.

Speaking of which, I have been eating crap way too much lately (lots of birthdays & lunches with friends & parties at work - they all seemed to happen within the past week or two.) Need to start watching my portions (like, just stop eating when I'm full would help.) I kicked up the workouts 2-3 weeks ago & that's going great: 45 min Spinning class once a week, 45 min on my eliptical 4 days a week, an hour-long group weight class once a week plus strength training on my own on another day. It would be nice if it would EVER warm up here so I could add walks & bike rides with the baby on weekends.

Last edited by skcin; 04-04-2011 at 03:26 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
It would be nice if it would EVER warm up here so I could add walks & bike rides with the baby on weekends.
Preach. Walking/jogging/hiking/biking outside are the only forms of exercise that I ever really ENJOY and would do just to do.

I know that a lot of ledgies are really versed in nutrition-- question for you. What's the story on coffee? Is it healthy? Do the gains outweigh the risks? This might seem like a situation where I could just do a google search for my answer, but I've tried to look into it on my own, and it seems really nuanced.
You're so like me
Old 04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Preach. Walking/jogging/hiking/biking outside are the only forms of exercise that I ever really ENJOY and would do just to do.

I know that a lot of ledgies are really versed in nutrition-- question for you. What's the story on coffee? Is it healthy? Do the gains outweigh the risks? This might seem like a situation where I could just do a google search for my answer, but I've tried to look into it on my own, and it seems really nuanced.
A cup or two a day is fine, as far as I'm aware, unless you have a heart condition or something prohibiting you from having caffeine. I just read a study where they recommended it before a workout. It supposedly speeds up the metabolism. I don't know if I'd do that - it dehydrates you as well, but I suppose if you chugged enough water it'd be all good?

The problem with coffee is that we (well, I) put extra **** in it - creamer, sweetener, sugar, milk, etc. And many people have more than 2 cups each day. I'm pretty sure any benefits are reached with 1-2 cups - more than that won't make it better (and could be harmful.)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I know with bars, they can be held responsible if the drunker driver stated where he got drunk at, the bar could be in trouble for serving too much alcohol to one person and letting him leave.