Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
BBC News Liverpool
May 10, 2011
Beatles' Strawberry Fields gates removed

The ornate iron gates of a children's home which inspired John Lennon's psychedelic Beatles anthem Strawberry Fields Forever have been removed.The Salvation Army, which owns the former home, is putting the red Victorian gates into storage.It means Beatles fans who pass the Woolton site on bus tours will now be met with 10ft (3m) high replicas.

I saw someone posted on the Beatles Universe Facebook page.That Writer and Promoter Sam Leach is asking for all Beatles fans to prevent this sale.Maybe someone will start a petition drive etc and with enough opposition.A sale won't happen.I don't want those gates sold. They need to be preserved and at least put in some sort of museum or somewhere and kept safe and secure for history and future generations

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-13344102
I will sign any petition. Look man, "Strawberry Fields Forever" is my all-time most favorite song. It's a dreamy escape into pure musical bliss. There is nothing that can touch the singular perfection of that song. No Hey Jude, no Yesterday...SFF is the song that made me recognize WHY this band was so revered, so unique, and so wonderful. It's not the singalong ballads, it was the cutting-edge, absolutely one-of-a-kind stuff like "Walrus," "Tomorrow Never Knows," "A Day In The Life," and "Rain." I love soooooo many more of their songs, but SFF is a landmark in popular music that has the Beatles firmly positioned on the throne that belongs only to them.

How DARE they!!!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 3 New Updates

Nico I hope you have a safe,enjoyable and great trip to your Abbey Road On The River Festival.Are you going still to the Nelsonville Music Festival this weekend in Ohio to ? When the Goastt performs there on Saturday with the other bands ? I am sorry I couldn't completely remember.I tryed going back and reading the older postings by you I think you posted you were going to both of them ? I hope 3rd world Man has a safe,enjoyable and great time at Nelsonville if they go the festival to weekend.Maybe we will all get some photographs posted by you guys if you want to.Have a safe and great upcoming weekend soon.Take care.Maybe Nico your will get another chance to say hello in person to Sean and Charlotte at Nelsonville. I have some new updates,including another article about John's studio.

Are the Beatles responsible for music's digital growth in 2011?
May 12, 2011
Nielsen announced yesterday that music sales in the US are up 1.6% in 2011. 1.6% might not seem like a whole lot, but for the embattled music industry, any growth is good news. Interestingly, Nielsen seems to ascribe the growth of music sales to The Beatles' deal with Apple. As Nielsen says in its report, "Catalog album sales are up 5.4 percent in 2011, thanks in part to a long-awaited 2010 deal allowing digital distribution of The Beatles' albums for the first time." The Fab Four's music exclusively went on sale on iTunes in November to much fanfair.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/05/12/are-t...rowth-in-2011/

Liverpool Echo
May 11, 2011
Beatles-inspired musical A Bard Day’s Night goes into pre-production
A NEW time-travelling musical which plunges The Beatles into Elizabethan London is a step closer to the stage.A Bard Day’s Night, penned by Backbeat actors Scot Williams and Chris O’Neill, is in pre-production after winning the interest of top West End producers Jamie Hendry Productions.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-28671080/

BBC News Berkshire
May 11, 2011

Beatle John Lennon's time at Tittenhurst Park in Ascot
With one of the most famous songs of all time recorded there, as well as a landmark album and two films, it is surprising that John Lennon only lived at Tittenhurst Park in Ascot for two years.The picture of Lennon singing Imagine in a white room on a white piano is one of the most famous images of the Beatles star.
And his second solo album of the same name, recorded in a home-built studio within the Ascot mansion's grounds, features the controversial and vitriolic How Do You Sleep, supposedly aimed at Paul McCartney.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-13344535

Last edited by msLinds; 05-12-2011 at 08:07 PM..
Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MsLinds, I'm going to the Nelsonville Music Festival this weekend (Saturday) and will try my darndest to get pics and audio of the show. 3rd World Man is also going! He is a pretty cool photographer (check out some of his Lindsey Buckingham tour photos) but not sure if he'll be taking any this weekend.

Oh, and Abbey Road On The River is the last weekend of May. Yay! I'm keeping my eyes open for something for you and 3rd World...but let me know in advance if you have anything in mind.

Thank for the links! Tittenhurst was a FABULOUS mansion, my gosh.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Have a great time at Nelsonville

Nico,I hope you and 3rd World Man have a great time this weekend at Nelsonville.I have seen some of his photographs on the Lindsey forum,they are great.Thanks for offering to get me something at the festival.Please don't feel you have to,but thanks for wanting to.My wish is that you get to meet Sean and Charlotte again.If you want to tell them your friend Linds from the Fleetwood Mac Ledge board is the same Linds that has been posting on his official Sean Lennon message board. Tell them I send them my love,that I love their music.You ought to tell him that you were born on his birthday and his Dad's.In fact my Dad was born on October 9th to.But you might not have a chance to actually do this.You need to have a great time and they both might be busy and have others around them.Be sure to tell them you saw them in Atlanta.I hope the weather stays clear and nice for you and 3rd Worlds man at the Festival.Tell him I said hello to.Have a good evening and weekend and take care.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yoko Ono’s beautiful/sad gift to New York City

I have ordered this online.Because I would love a book of photographs of John's Memorial in Strawberry Fields,Central Park,New York.Have a safe and great weekend everyone and take care.

Strawberry Fields,Central Parks Memorial to John Lennon : New Book
Hardcover: 96 pages
by Sara Cedar Miller
Publisher: Abrams (May 1, 2011)
Language: English

Yoko Ono’s beautiful/sad gift to New York City
May 13, 2011

Abrams has just published a gorgeous little photo book, “Strawberry Fields,” devoted to one of the most moving and useful memorials that I know of — the 5.3 acres of Central Park that was restored and landscaped in memory of John Lennon.The musician loved New York City intensely and made his home in one of the city’s most historic apartment buildings — the Dakota on Central Park West.

http://blog.ctnews.com/meyers/2011/0...new-york-city/

Last edited by msLinds; 05-14-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2 New Goastt performance reviews

I hope Nico and 3rd World Man,Had a safe trip and enjoyable and great time at the Nelsonville Music Festival.I have two reviews so far.One about Nelsonville and one about the Goastt performance this past friday May 13th at the Fillmore,in Detroit,MI.

The Post
May 15, 2011
Recap of Day 2 of the Nelsonville Music Festival

Torrential downpours throughout the second day of the Nelsonville Music Festival could not prevent an eccentric superstar from stealing the show.
Wayne Coyne won the crowd over with oversized confetti-filled balloons, a space bubble and butterfly kings despite a late arrival that pushed many of the earlier shows back.The Flaming Lips' buses arrived around 9 a.m. when they were originally supposed to arrive around 6 a.m., and their complicated stage set-up meant that it needed to be completed before the other shows could begin.Coyne was omnipresent throughout the day, making a point of seeing other shows. Post reporters spotted Coyne checking out fellow Oklahoman Samantha Crain's act in the No-Fi Cabin and popped up on the side of the main stage during The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger and Yo La Tengo.The Lips' frontman expressed his pleasure at the day's festivities throughout the band's set, saying several times that he wanted to return."Whenever we play a festival, we're usually the weirdest ones there," Coyne said. "Today, we fit right in."Sean Lennon, frontman of The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger, also expressed interest in returning to the festival after fans begged for an encore that the band, whose 19-year-old drummer was performing his second show, was not prepared to play.

http://thepost.ohiou.edu/content/rec...music-festival

Photographs of the Goastt at the Nelsonville Music Festival

http://www.schwegweb.com/

The Oakland Press
May 14, 2011
Concert Review: Flaming Lips take Fillmore fans on a trip

DETROIT — Local fans have waited awhile for Flaming Lips' return. And they wound up waiting awhile longer on Friday night (May 13) at the Fillmore Detroit.The show's start was delayed 45 minutes (with doors opening an hour late) by the late arrival of New York-based opening act The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger, whose frontman -- John and Yoko's son Sean Lennon -- has enough juice to still get the group a full sound check. That left the crowd standing out on Woodward Avenue to catch sounds coming from the Tigers game at Comerica Park, but fortunately the Lips' fans, a docile and patient bunch by nature, were content to while away the extra time on the sidewalk.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...b697625682.txt

Last edited by msLinds; 05-15-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a blast from the past, I just heard T-Rex's "Metal Guru" (from The Slider album)...

...anyone else think it sounds WAY too close to John's "Instant Karma" for comfort??
Old 05-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
As a blast from the past, I just heard T-Rex's "Metal Guru" (from The Slider album)...

...anyone else think it sounds WAY too close to John's "Instant Karma" for comfort??
You know, I never heard it until you mentioned. There's definitely some similarities. I love both songs so much, especially "Instant Karma." The drumming on both is fabulous.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

MsLinds,

The GOASTT show was brilliant but very short. They played only 4 songs. The weather was absolutely awful. I got pics and 3rd World Man got video. I'm going to share all of it soon. So many people were blown away by Sean's musical abilities. Everything was plugged-in and very different than the intimate show I saw in Atlanta. I really, really love GOASTT plugged-in. Probably more than acoustic. Sean is just...AMAZING. He played that guitar out. And the song "Last Call" is now a favorite.

There was no encore. They had just gotten a new drummer two days prior and he hadn't learned all the songs yet, so Sean apologized. A lot of people were let down, but I get what Sean meant. It's not fair to just throw out a song without giving band members prior notice when they're so new. And we all know everyone was digging the fast stuff, so I don't think Sean was into doing an acoustic.

They both looked great. It was raining horribly, mud was everywhere. Wayne Coyne came out to watch Sean (so cute!) and the Flaming Lips crew threw a giant balloon out during one of the numbers. It got stuck in a tree.

I really want a GOASTT show with a full set-list. These festivals short-change some super awesome acts. Anyway, pics to come!!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, msLinds, I got the sampler CD when I purchased a GOASTT concert tee. Ugh, the people at the counter had no idea who the GOASTT were and I almost didn't get the shirt or sampler (I had to point to it myself, forgetting what the cover looked like- thank goodness Sean has such a distinctive style of drawing because I wouldn't have known otherwise).

Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooh I feel like I'm invading. However, my mum told me today that on her biological mother's side of the family (she's adopted) her half brother is married to George's cousin JTIS

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default New Goastt Updates

First I want welcome Butter Cookie to this thread.Your not invading at all.Please join us whenever you feel like it.We would love to have more of you posting in this thread.Thats great and cool your related to George Harrison.Which mean you are cousins with him.Thanks for stopping by ChiliD, its good to see you posting here.I have not heard that new song yet.From T-Rex's "Metal Guru" (from The Slider album).But it will be interesting to listen to it and see just how close it sounds to Instant Karma.Welcome back from your trip Nico.I am glad you had a good time,in spite of the horrible weather.Thats great you got some photographs and that 3rd World Man got some video.Maybe he might even post a couple of the songs on ' You Tube ' if he wants to.I understand Sean not wanting a new drummer to have to play on songs that they haven't even had a chance to learn yet.Thats great you were able to get your new sampler CD and a teeshirt to.I have alot more I want to say.but for now.Thanks for the review of Nelsonville.Everyone please don't feel shy about posting anything you want thats related to the Beatles etc,or Sean,Julian,Yoko or related on this thread.Your all very welcome to join us.We are getting sometimes over 100 views a day now on this thread.So I know people are interested and reading it.We might all be Fleetwood Mac and Stevie and Lindsey fans here.But we all only can read so much about them.Without needing to read something else sometimes.lol I have some new updates now.

Real Detroit Weekly
May 10, 2011
Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger
When Paranormal Meets Prehistoric

It's clear that Sean Lennon shares with his famed parents a passion for eccentricities. So it's only natural he would end up with another quirky character, model Charlotte Kemp Muhl, a gifted songwriter and singer. They sing acoustic songs whimsically about the past, love, outer space and, according to Lennon, "modern things like the end of the world." Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger's debut album Acoustic Sessions, was released on the duo's label chimera records.
Before they kick off their tour opening for the flaming lips, Real Detroit caught up with the fascinating Sean Lennon.

http://www.realdetroitweekly.com/det...nt?oid=1478179

The Ghost of Saber Tooth Tiger, at Nelsonville

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schwegw...n/photostream/

May 14, 2011
Journal Egoïste
Inside The Cult French Magazine

http://tablettalk.com/2011/05/14/journal-egoiste/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...azine-returns/

The audio is not very good in this,but its good to see them perform on stage and be able
watch some of performance.

‪The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger (Nelsonville 2011)‬

A short video from Sean Lennon & Charlotte Kemp Muhl's The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger performing at Nelsonville Music Festival 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxbGkPCauhI

Last edited by msLinds; 05-17-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Ghost of a Sabertooth Tiger-Nelsonville 2011 Video [HD]‬

Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl, 'The Ghost of A Saber Tooth Tiger' at the Nelsonville Music Festival on May 14, 2011, great performance, 13 minutes.

The Ghost of a Sabertooth Tiger-Nelsonville 2011 [HD]‬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bokw...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Nelsonville Festival day 2, the Goastt Photographs

Nelsonville Music Festival day 2, ' Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger, photographs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spirall...detail/?page=4
Old 05-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you msLinds!! I feel like such a slacker with my pics, but I promise they'll be up soon. Ugh, I didn't get to meet Sean this time, but it's just as well. I was so covered in mud and water and slightly disoriented...immediately after the show I just went and bought some GOASTT stuff and looked around. In my opinion, from all I heard, aside from the Flaming Lips Sean (and Char) were the highlight of the show. By far.

He's SUCH a great musician. MsLinds, please try and go to a show if they come near you- you will be blown away. I was. John would just be beaming, "That's ma boy."

Closed Thread