User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I just had a thought. What if Stevie's ambivalence -- along with Mick's statements that they "hope" Stevie will record with them -- is intentional drama meant to get the public (and the media) wound up for when Stevie finally agrees? The success of Rumours taught Mac that the whole love/hate drama is a huge selling point for a certain variety of fan (and again, the media), so maybe this is part of the play-acting?
I also think you're onto something here.
Perhaps they drew lots to decide who the bad guy would be......and then surprise, surprise its Stevie.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
All that is rather tacky. Last thing I want to do at a concert I spent big money on is to be pounded over the head with buy this, buy that or a commercial on a video screen. Frankly, it's vulgar.
Yea .You got a point there.Cant change the channel or hit the mute button at a live show.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
So in the meantime, what do they do? Play up that Stevie isn't all the way in yet. Create some tension and drama for the media. Get fans worked up and interested in what's going on, etc. etc.
Just like Mick's Playboy interview.

Just like "she can't just come and go."

Just like "I'd rejoin if they'd ask me."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like I haven't seen much discussion about how Nicks directly admitted that when she started 24 Karat Gold, it was just a contract obligation. I know a lot of people were suspicious that was the case, but it's interesting she directly admitted it. Almost to the point where it's like she's saying to us "Hey shh...I know you want a new FM album. Just let me get this out of the way first".

I think that points to suspicion that the record label didn't want her album sitting in the shadow of a looming Fleetwood Mac project and probably told her to keep hush about any plans outside of 24KG. They obviously wouldn't want 24K instantly getting lost in the excitement and anticipation of a "Swan Song" album from FM.

I'm beginning to wonder if she didn't rush into this album to fulfill her record obligation so she could just get it out of the way in order to actually make room in her schedule for her band. I know this has definitely been speculated.

So in the meantime, what do they do? Play up that Stevie isn't all the way in yet. Create some tension and drama for the media. Get fans worked up and interested in what's going on, etc. etc.

Just some thoughts I've been having....
You're basically saying that the other band members are complicit with Stevie's games and I just don't see that as being the case. They're all very open about their desire for an album and I think they're genuine in their frustration with Stevie. I can't see Lindsey lying for the sake of controversy. The others, as far as stevue knows, haven't even heard the album and haven't discussed it with her. They are also of no obligation to oblige her record company.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 12-02-2014 at 07:25 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
You're basically saying that the other band members are complicit with Stevie's games and I just don't see that as being the case. They're all very open about their desire for an album and I think they're genuine in their frustration with Stevie. I can't see Lindsey lying for the sake of controversy. The others, as far as stevue knows, haven't even heard the album and haven't discussed it with her. They are also of no obligation to oblige her record company.
Agreed. Ambiguity about her involvement in a future Mac record is real. Mick, Lindsey, and Christine all spoke of welcoming her into the project "should she want to participate." They didn't sound like they were faking drama. However, the reasons for Stevie's demurring are not entirely clear.

Whatever the case, I doubt the remaining four would knowingly create an environment that was hostile to her, or even anything that was less than inviting. My guess is she just doesn't want to experience being the fifth wheel in another Mac studio project where Lindsey and Chris form a partnership that leaves her feeling like an outsider whose status as a musician is marginal. But who the heck knows. Whatever the reason, these five people OWE their respective fortunes to the fans who have supported them for 40 years. Why not put all pettiness aside and get the job done? It would make so many people happy. Ugh.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 12-02-2014 at 09:16 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
That is always a possibility! Or maybe yet another redo of Crystal.

Stevie has it pretty easy. She doesn't have to play an instrument, and she isn't producing the album. The rest of the band mostly carries the weight of work and responsibility for making the record..
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
My guess is she just doesn't want to experience being the fifth wheel in another Mac studio project where Lindsey and Chris form a partnership that leaves her feeling like an outsider whose status as a musician is marginal. Ugh.
For someone who so many fans like to point out isn't that involved with the actual musical aspect of the band they (FM) sure don't seem to be able to do anything with out her...I guess all those years FM spent making Stevie feel like a "fifth wheel" and an "outsider" and literally kicking her when she was down (LB) have come back to haunt them.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
For someone who so many fans like to point out isn't that involved with the actual musical aspect of the band they (FM) sure don't seem to be able to do anything with out her...I guess all those years FM spent making Stevie feel like a "fifth wheel" and an "outsider" and literally kicking her when she was down (LB) have come back to haunt them.
Whatever they've done, she sounded so much better the two shows i've seen at the Forum. I couldn't get over how the three of them sounded so crisp together. I brought a casual fan with me and he said, "wow they sound like the record".. well besides the high notes for Stevie..
Old 12-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Did they make her feel this way or did she have these feelings because of her own limitations as an arranger, etc? Probably a mix of both, I suppose. Supposing is we can do, since none of us is lucky enough to observe them working.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No one cares except us. I doubt that 10,000 people in the entire world pay attention to such drama. A young hot group could get the world riled up about whether or not they will ever record together again, but not Fleetwood Mac. Just because it is of primary interest to the few people posting here, doesn't mean the world at large cares. As a publicity stunt, it would stink.
Having one of them skydive would actually create more furor, if it's publicity they are after.

It's just like Mick saying that FM was over. The world didn't care at all. He said it to get Stevie to do something and she did, but aside from carrying his quotes in all the news outlets for that week, no one in the media was having a fit over the possibility that FM was over. Casual fans were not in an uproar about it at all. It didn't make everyone start clamoring for them to reunite.

Michele
Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Whatever they've done, she sounded so much better the two shows i've seen at the Forum. I couldn't get over how the three of them sounded so crisp together. I brought a casual fan with me and he said, "wow they sound like the record".. well besides the high notes for Stevie..
I totally agree with your comment about how Stevie sounded so much better at the Forum shows. I'm wondering how much of that has to do with the improved acoustics in the venue. It seemed to me like she was singing softer in spots in a way I've not heard in years. And yes - the harmonies were wonderful and balanced so well.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only ones are all wound up over this is us.I agree .The ordinary music fan does not give a hoot if FM records again or dont care which members are not involve in the recordings.

In the meantime I'm so happy that the shows are getting sold out all over the country with those inflated tix prices .There is still love for FM out there with all music fans.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I think if they REALLY want Stevie on board...they would be somewhat complicit. If Stevie genuinely asked them, "Hey...can you not mention that I'm for sure doing the new album while I'm trying to promote 24K" ...I'm sure they would oblige. They're not on tour to promote a new album anyway so it's not like they have to go super out of their way just to say "We're hoping she joins us but we're really excited about what we've done so far". They haven't been in the media BEGGING and PLEADING that she make a new album with them and trying to make her look bad. If that is all the info Stevie wanted to be out publicly right now, then it's not really a big deal, there's still some pressure on Stevie to get herself together AND it drums up some interest in the project in the media and fanbase (à la this thread)

It's obviously not the only possibility but certainly seems plausible.

Last edited by pauls90; 12-03-2014 at 04:11 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie loves being popular. I don't think she'd ever agree to doing anything that may anger or irritate fans let alone turn any of them against her just for the sake of it.
The whole 'purposely creating drama to drum up the interest in the album' -thing. I don't buy that for one minute. No chance.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's funny to read these comments - apparently he/she does not have the right to buy or not buy whatever they want and say what the reasoning is behind that without being quartered and jumped on by bunch of people.
This is stupid. No one said they don't have the right to buy or not whatever they want. People were just reacting to the melodramatic high drama of the "how dare she I will NOT buy this album" post.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking about this the other day...I think it would go a long, long way if Lindsey would say something along the lines of "Stevie spent the fall making a really great record and we're really looking forward to possibly working with her on an upcoming mac album"...instead it's always remarks about "other commitments" etc. Lindsey really doesn't "lay it on thick" regarding much of anything or anyone, but with Stevie a little grease on the wheel could be very beneficial. They both could be better about extending the olive branch to one another when talking about their side projects. Maybe they do privately, but the way Stevie's ego appears to work, saying something in front of others would have a huge impact.