The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My butt needs to find itself back at the gym. I've been sitting around, sleeping and EATING like a girl who just got broken up with twice.... because I was just broken up with twice. Glorious.

I'm running very low on inspiration, though, which doesn't exactly help things. It's been so cold outside that all I want to do is burrow!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think you look nothing like her...

But I cannot imagine why you think it'd be a bad thing if you did? I think she's one of the most beautiful women in show business.
SHE'S SO DULL. It's not even funny. Everything from her looks to her personality is just straight convention with no hint of intrigue. I wish the rest of the world agreed with you, but I literally have had four people tell me that watching Anne last night made them realize how alike we look. It's funny that it's all really casual acquaintances, though, and (save for one who always claims to see it) no one who knows me outside of "girl in English class" or "girl who lives down the hall"
You're so like me
Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
SHE'S SO DULL.
and yet... she's playing Catwoman

To me, Michelle Pffeifewatsit is the ultimate Catwoman. I'd turn straight for her.

My parents may have smaller wine glasses than the ones I normally use. But. This is offset by the fact that they have significantly more expensive wine. And money tastes nice. Especially cause it's not mine.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM
MissLadyLoki
This message has been deleted by MissLadyLoki.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SHE'S SO DULL. It's not even funny. Everything from her looks to her personality is just straight convention with no hint of intrigue. I wish the rest of the world agreed with you, but I literally have had four people tell me that watching Anne last night made them realize how alike we look. It's funny that it's all really casual acquaintances, though, and (save for one who always claims to see it) no one who knows me outside of "girl in English class" or "girl who lives down the hall"
You seriously don't look remotely like her Marissa, but I just couldn't resist before

Anyways, I didn't really watch the Oscars last night, but she's seriously gonna be Catwoman? If so, she's gonna make Halle Berry as Storm look like the best thing ever

You can add me on Facebook
Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
My butt needs to find itself back at the gym. I've been sitting around, sleeping and EATING like a girl who just got broken up with twice.... because I was just broken up with twice. Glorious.

I'm running very low on inspiration, though, which doesn't exactly help things. It's been so cold outside that all I want to do is burrow!
You need to transfer to UT . It was 85 degrees and glorious here yesterday... naturally that means I spent the day laying on a rock naked with an adult beverage in my hand at Austin's nude beach on the lake .

It's crazy, I guess it's the incredible climate and infinite outdoorsy activities... but I've never seen more model perfect bodies anywhere in my LIFE than I have in Austin. I'm trying hard to join that train, but my body isn't having anything to do with it .
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

Me too, on the inspiration. I hate winter, and I've been kind of down in the dumps, lately. After 16 months of eating only salad for dinner, about 5 nights a week, I'm pretty sick of it. I.want.more.to.eat. I've only put on about 5 lbs, but I can feel the difference, in my stomach.
So, it's either go back to salads, or start working out.
Hopefully spring will kick my ass back into gear!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You need to transfer to UT . It was 85 degrees and glorious here yesterday... naturally that means I spent the day laying on a rock naked with an adult beverage in my hand at Austin's nude beach on the lake .

It's crazy, I guess it's the incredible climate and infinite outdoorsy activities... but I've never seen more model perfect bodies anywhere in my LIFE than I have in Austin. I'm trying hard to join that train, but my body isn't having anything to do with it .
85??????? BITCH!
It is supposed to be 50 here, the next two afternoons, so I really can't complain, too much. Spring,.....bring that whore on!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too, on the inspiration. I hate winter, and I've been kind of down in the dumps, lately. After 16 months of eating only salad for dinner, about 5 nights a week, I'm pretty sick of it. I.want.more.to.eat. I've only put on about 5 lbs, but I can feel the difference, in my stomach.
So, it's either go back to salads, or start working out.
Hopefully spring will kick my ass back into gear!
So the salads are how you lost all your weight? What all do you put in them, out of curiosity? Meaning what meats/veggies/dressing/etc? I've been trying for nearly a year to drop some weight to absolutely no avail. I'm like 210 (I'm 6'3"), and all I really want is to drop about 20 pounds.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So the salads are how you lost all your weight? What all do you put in them, out of curiosity? Meaning what meats/veggies/dressing/etc? I've been trying for nearly a year to drop some weight to absolutely no avail. I'm like 210 (I'm 6'3"), and all I really want is to drop about 20 pounds.
Yeah, pretty much the salads. Although I only eat once a day, now, so obviously that's had a big effect, too.
So, spinach, red onion, 1/2 of a boiled egg, ONE slice of bacon. With a few sea salt bagel crisps. And REAL blue cheese dressing(not a fan of light dressings).
Although lately, I've been making this dressing that Mom used to make....mix mayo, vinegar, and some sugar....and it ROCKS(I love bitter, and the vinegar slaps you right upside the head!). I just put it in a squeeze ketchup bottle(like one of those that a restaurant refills), and shake the sh*t out of it.

And everyone is like, "how in the world do you go 24 hours, without eating?"
I'm just used to it, now. That, and I drink 2-3 liters of water, every afternoon.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool. I only eat once daily the majority of the time too. That used to make me lose weight, but it's just not been working this past year. I've even added exercise to that, and no gold.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
You seriously don't look remotely like her Marissa, but I just couldn't resist before

Anyways, I didn't really watch the Oscars last night, but she's seriously gonna be Catwoman? If so, she's gonna make Halle Berry as Storm look like the best thing ever.
And she was just lovely as Catwoman.

Please, just throw Halle Berry into Mount Doom or something.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
And she was just lovely as Catwoman.

Please, just throw Halle Berry into Mount Doom or something.
I say we should just chuck her into Kileuea (sp?) or something, but how did she win an Oscar?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cool. I only eat once daily the majority of the time too. That used to make me lose weight, but it's just not been working this past year. I've even added exercise to that, and no gold.
Hmm, I don't think most people can't go 24 hours without eating. But I'm totally used to it. Some days, if I'm having to do a late soundcheck, it might be 28 hours or so, since my last meal. Hunger IS something you can get used to...it takes a while, but you can get used to it, where it doesn't bother you.
And don't get me wrong, I LOVE food. However, I like being thin, even more than food! Add 23yo booty into that equation, and I don't wanna ever be fat, again!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Surprised so many people think so--I don't see it at all. I think she can be lovely, but she has one of the odder faces in Hollywood. Gigantic features on a small head.
And I'm not a fan of hers either. Yesterday I was reading Gawker, and one of the writers said of her, "There's nothing worse than an arrogant dork." Nailed the problem, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
and yet... she's playing Catwoman

To me, Michelle Pffeifewatsit is the ultimate Catwoman. I'd turn straight for her.

My parents may have smaller wine glasses than the ones I normally use. But. This is offset by the fact that they have significantly more expensive wine. And money tastes nice. Especially cause it's not mine.
Agreed! And I'd turn gay for her. In a heartbeat. Seriously one of the sexiest women in the world, especially as Catwoman.
AH is probably a lovely person, but I don't think she can do sexy the way MP and HB can--terrible casting!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I say we should just chuck her into Kileuea (sp?) or something, but how did she win an Oscar?
Beats the hell out of me. All of the rest of the nominees that year were a damn sight better than her.

Judi Dench, "Iris"
Nicole Kidman, "Moulin Rouge"
Sissy Spacek, "In The Bedroom"
Renee Zellweger, "Bridget Jones's Diary"

Seriously, WTF.