User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
^^ Love it! If I had free time right now I'd join in the pic fest.

Michele - Those articles are really interesting. Especially Mick saying how Lindsey would be happy with a pair of jeans, his car working, etc. It makes me think of the DR doc - I never really liked that conversation he had about Lindsey, saying that because he'd never have to worry about living in a one bedroom house, etc. (the whole double album argument) - I just found those two comments very different. I know they all have their moments, but there was something about how that was a conversation without Lindsey, Mick and I can't remember who the other guy was, sort of making fun of Linds, I don't like to see
you know, i have to say that i think there was something to what Mick was saying in DR doc. i do think Lindsey doesn't care too much about material possessions (just look at his wardrobe lately, he's been wearing exact same things for the last 10 years, his black shirts from SYW tour time are now washed out to gray and he's still wearing them), but he also sometimes says funny things which show him being completely oblivious about people's money situations compared to his.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Notice that Lindsey did not mention Frank Sinatra.....
Right.

Elle, this was a little different than our Italian Summer discussion. It wasn't really about what the song sounded like, it was about why we liked the song, whether it was because we liked Aznavour, Sinatra and Julio Iglesias.

I just said it's definitely not because I like Frank Sinatra. Julio Iglesias . . .I only have his All of You album. So, I don't feel like I know him. I actually can envision him singing Say Goodbye, but I wouldn't like the song because it reminded me of Iglesias. As for Charles Aznavour, I don't think about him, but it is funny because La Boheme came up recently in that trivia quiz.

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know, i have to say that i think there was something to what Mick was saying in DR doc. i do think Lindsey doesn't care too much about material possessions (just look at his wardrobe lately, he's been wearing exact same things for the last 10 years, his black shirts from SYW tour time are now washed out to gray and he's still wearing them), but he also sometimes says funny things which show him being completely oblivious about people's money situations compared to his.
I was laughing last night when looking at this old Cindy Adams interview with Lindsey and Kristen.

http://rockalittle.com/article_ny_post_may30_2003.htm

He just bought Kristen a necklace and Cindy told him he had to get the matching earrings too and Lindsey was like "Matching earrings?" That tickled me, because I could imagine Lindsey's voice and the expression on his face. I'm sure he's inclined to be frugal. He sort of said, 'We don't have enough time to go back to the jewelry store. Too late.'

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Notice that Lindsey did not mention Frank Sinatra.....

i will repeat (and i miss sooooo many good emoticons here!) - i was right i was right i was right!!

i gave you all options in case you didn't know one or the other (and i only mentioned Sinatra b/c Lindsey did... and b/c i find what i've heard of his music extremely boring). instead of being grateful you all wouldn't listen to me and tried to convince me that i have no clue.

oh, did i say it yet? i was right!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was laughing last night when looking at this old Cindy Adams interview with Lindsey and Kristen.

oh i never saw that interview and i'm loving reading it - thank you for that!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh i never saw that interview and i'm loving reading it - thank you for that!
Very sweet that the kids saw him on the Today Show and wondered if those people were clapping for daddy.

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And some more Sara hugs.

Love 'em!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

He just bought Kristen a necklace and Cindy told him he had to get the matching earrings too and Lindsey was like "Matching earrings?" That tickled me, because I could imagine Lindsey's voice and the expression on his face. I'm sure he's inclined to be frugal. He sort of said, 'We don't have enough time to go back to the jewelry store. Too late.'

Michele
I think my favorite bit was how Kristen said they couldn't go to Le Cirque because Lindsey didn't have a shirt or tie (IMO as it should be! Why do you want that man buttoned up?!) Usually I like a guy in a suit once in a while, but Lindsey is one of those guys that looks best in a t-shirt and jeans
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yes, I agree, I think he is a bit more down to earth/frugal as Mick said in the interview mentioned (can't remember now which article we were talking about ), but I felt Mick was seeming to imply the opposite in DR.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Oh yes, I agree, I think he is a bit more down to earth/frugal as Mick said in the interview mentioned (can't remember now which article we were talking about ), but I felt Mick was seeming to imply the opposite in DR.
I think his main point in DR was that Lindsey's judgement was clouded by his privilege.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think his main point in DR was that Lindsey's judgement was clouded by his privilege.
good point, well put. i think you're right - my brain is fried from my studies... i'm thinking irrationally privilege, that's what i meant to say!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ love em all thank you