User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Chris was definitely the best. I didn't hear THAT much strain on his vocals---I think Simon made too much of it.

Katherine butchered Against All Odds, I was seriously cringing it was so bad. Her second song was okay, but all in all I thought her two performances were pretty bland and boring.

Elliott was good as usual. I liked his second song better. Never liked that "On Broadway" song anyway.

I still like Taylor's voice, but yes, his schtick is played. And could he please stop saying "soul patrol?" What does that even mean anyway?

I thought Paris did a good job with "Kiss," but then again it's hard to go wrong with Prince .
I agree with your entire post. Katharine was so off it was painful - her vocals, her timing. Terrible.

I thought Taylor did a great job on "Something" (dear God, I just realized that I'm not sure that's the actual title of that song. Sorry if I screwed up.) But "Play that funky music" was a joke. Sounded like me & my drunk friends doing bad karaoke.

I think Kat should go, but I think Elliot or Paris will go.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I think Kat should go, but I think Elliot or Paris will go.
I'm afraid you're right, and I'm afraid it's going to be Elliott. And yes, Kat should go.

Oh yeah, and if I hear Ryan say "princess P" one more time when referring to Paris, I think I'm gonna go through the television set and kick him in the balls.

that is all
Old 05-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally I like Taylor, but I keep asking myself "If he wins, what type of album could he make that would appeal to an Ameerican Idol audience.?"
Old 05-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No surprise that Paris went. She has a great voice, but I think she needed time to mature. I'm sure we'll be seeing her in the future.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
No surprise that Paris went. She has a great voice, but I think she needed time to mature. I'm sure we'll be seeing her in the future.
me too. I think she's a great singer, but I think she does need a little time to vocally mature.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Paris is gone. Oh well, it had to happend sometime 'cuz Chris is gonna win--I just know it.

I wonder how much longer Taylor will last? I really can't believe he's in the top 4, especially thinking back to his audition, but I know he has huge following so .

I think Elliott or Kat is on the chopping block next.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hard to believe the final could very well be Taylor & Chris. That would be OK with me, I think.

BTW - next week they're doing Elvis songs. My mother will be in her glory.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Taylor and would love to see him in the finals. I find him thoroughly and completely entertaining. I thought he did a really good job covering Something, so he can sing.

Does no one think Katharine will be in the finals? I personally hope not, but I'm kind of expecting her to be there.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 05-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Tango
This message has been deleted by Tango.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was sad to see Paris go. I hope it will be Elliot next. He's not so bad, but I like the other three so much better.

Agreed that Katharine's first song was awful and Taylor's "Play that Funky Music" was total drunken karaoke. It WAS entertaining, however.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
next week they're doing Elvis songs.
Oh god, can you just imagine what Taylor will do? I totally expect nothing but campy pelvis gyration and total body freak out from him.

I predict that Chris will either do Jailhouse rock or that newly released single, Little More Action or whatever it's called.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ A Little Less Conversation.

Hard to say what they'll do, the catalogue is enormous.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the final two will be Chris and Taylor. Taylor has never been in the bottom 3 and it seems like he has a big following. He's not my favorite but he seems like a really nice guy and he is entertaining.

Katherine is a good singer but I don't like her style on a bunch of the songs she sings. I think either Kat or Elliott will go next week.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Elvis night:

Elliott was the best, by far. This was actually the first week when I truly, truly enjoyed him. I didn't enjoy either of Katharine's songs. I just don't particularly care for this girl. Her stage presence leaves a lot to be desired, as she is pretty robotic up there, IMO. Even on her "All Shook Up/Hound Dog" medley, her dancing seemed forced.

I hate to say it, but I think Chris is in trouble. I thought both of his songs were good, but were missing the "wow" factor.

Taylor was ok.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Elvis night:

Elliott was the best, by far. This was actually the first week when I truly, truly enjoyed him. I didn't enjoy either of Katharine's songs. I just don't particularly care for this girl. Her stage presence leaves a lot to be desired, as she is pretty robotic up there, IMO. Even on her "All Shook Up/Hound Dog" medley, her dancing seemed forced.

I hate to say it, but I think Chris is in trouble. I thought both of his songs were good, but were missing the "wow" factor.

Taylor was ok.
I agree with all of this. I'm worried about Chris too, but I think he'll pull through, he has a lot of die-hard fans.

Bye Kat, don't let the door hit ya.

Last edited by cliffdweller; 05-10-2006 at 01:49 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really thought Taylor was awesome last night. I love how when he raised the register his voice just really soared. I love the sound of his voice, even though I really don't enjoy watching him dance like some people do. I love Elliott personally, but I just don't know that he has what it takes to stay. I think Chris is so talented, but there is something about him (cannot put my finger on it) that I just don't like. Which is odd because he is from where I live (about 30 minutes away) so I should totally be rooting for him. Is he a tad arrogant? Contrived? Someone help me if you know what I'm talking about. And Katharine- she is so beautiful and she definitely can sing, but she chokes when she's nervous.