Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way

Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Stevie was way more than I expected at the show, she was a gem. And so sincere. I heard equal amounts of praise for both Lindsey and Stevie.. Along with the rest of the band. They are all fantastic. And Stevie is doing more than 'participating', it's extremely sad If you think that all she's doing. At 64 I probably won't be able to belt out those songs and twirl around in platforms.

And she doesn't have to live up to ANYONE'S expectations. She does her own thing and if you don't like it, don't see the shows.
Lindsey is still worth the price of admission so I'll continue to go and enjoy the hell out of his energetic performances and amazing guitar solos. I don't need Stevie to enjoy FM. Not to mention Mick and John, who were both fantastic last night.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Lindsey is still worth the price of admission so I'll continue to go and enjoy the hell out of his energetic performances and amazing guitar solos. I don't need Stevie to enjoy FM. Not to mention Mick and John, who were both fantastic last night.
Yeah, I think age has taken away a lot of what used to make Stevie so electrifying. She can't belt them out anymore and she doesn't have an instrument to fall back on like Lindsey.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
For the record, Stevie's IYD tour garnered mostly positive reviews too. And Stevie has gotten great reviews for this tour too; this one Minnesota numbnut notwithstanding. You really have no basis for making the claim that Lindsey is the only reason why they are garnering "stellar" reviews.
Most the reviews from In Your Dreams and Live 2013 are saying Stevie has been fantastic. Reviews are only one person's opinion, anyway! One sided and usually bias. From the sounds of the applause after each Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick drum solo, the shows have been great all around. That's really what you have to go by in the end.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have been going to Fleetwood Mac shows since the mid-seventies...some people are there for LB....some are there for Stevie...and some are there for both of them... and Mick and John...I like what they both (LB and Stevie) bring to the table...last year I saw LB at a small club in New Orleans doing his solo thing and it was great - the man is a guitar virtuoso!!!...I also saw Stevie along with Melissa Etheridge and Gladys Knight last September at the New Orleans Arena and Stevie was on fire that night, I witnessed from the 5th row...her rousing version of New Orleans brought the house down....and touched the hearts of the whole audience...
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah, I think age has taken away a lot of what used to make Stevie so electrifying. She can't belt them out anymore and she doesn't have an instrument to fall back on like Lindsey.
For a lot of us it's still the ethereal, witchy atmosphere she (Stevie) emits. Not everyone appreciates this, but I agree that this is what makes Fleetwood Mac great for everyone.. the gypsy, earthy feel Stevie brings.. the amazing guitar shreds Lindsey brings, and Mick's crazy eyes and funky dance he does at the small drum set. Christine was more polished and neat in her style and people appreciated that too, when she still performed with them.
FM is a zillion different things all rolled into one. I agree Stevie's voice isn't what it used to be (years and years of singing and abuse) but I don't think Lindsey's voice is great anymore, but at least he can tear it up on the guitar, and Stevie can please us with her tambourine and twirls And that adorable smile that heals my soul!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
FM is a zillion different things all rolled into one. I agree Stevie's voice isn't what it used to be (years and years of singing and abuse) but I don't think Lindsey's voice is great anymore, but at least he can tear it up on the guitar, and Stevie can please us with her tambourine and twirls And that adorable smile that heals my soul!
To Lindsey's credit, he sounds 100% better than he did ten years ago on the SYW tour. I was listening to SYW tour audio the other day, and Lindsey was off-key, growling, bellowing, etc. He must be doing something right!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Did anyone here actually GO to this show? Or is this thread just for people to take sides

I wonder if other bands who have more than one songwriter and singer get this same thing, where people really only are a fan of one and not the other, and could care less when they perform at a huge concert...

I go to see Fleetwood Mac for BOTH Lindsey and Stevie together. I love them separately and apart in their own shows and their solo albums, but I get a high I cannot explain when I see a "Fleetwood Mac" show with them together, singing or playing guitar on EACH OTHER'S songs.

I own all the solo albums of BOTH, and when they come to my area for a solo show, I see BOTH of them.

I do think some people cannot take criticism of their favorite. That's natural and we are all their biggest defenders of course! But from what I am reading, I can honestly see both sides. I see where Stevie has her shortcomings and I see why people might feel the way they feel about a Lindsey show. Personally, I try not to think too hard about any of that for either one of them, because I am just happy to see them LIVE at all. Solo, together...what have you. I'm grateful. And hey if Christine was here for a tour or promoting something on her own, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

It makes me a little sad that there are people who go see Fleetwood Mac and totally ignore Stevie, or don't care about anything to do with her. Or people who go to the bathroon when Lindsey is giving his all in a guitar solo. People who just seem so divided. The world is full of all kinds of people though, and not every person is going to please everybody

But I know for myself, I am not a divided fan.

xo
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Did anyone here actually GO to this show?
I was there!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

I saw 4 shows on the SYW TOUR...and I agree that I like Lyndsey's Voice on this Tour much better...I think he is doing some great vocals this tour...
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

I agree that there is a magic that happens when Stevie and LB come together musically....i love them both...have seen both of them solo and have enjoyed their solo efforts!!!....but there is something special about seeing them singing together with Mick and John as Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Yes gypsy33 now we're talkin'!! LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
But not being a sad nostalgia act.
I'll take his solo show any day of the week. I dont care if it's in my living room. Which holds 20 ppl!!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara

Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It doesn't change the fact that 90% of the setlist consists of material that is over 25 years old. I think, no matter what, that qualifies as a "sad nostalgia act" per your definition. Although, for some reason, when Lindsey sings an old song, it's not "sad nostalgia," but when Stevie sings an old song, it IS "sad nostalgia."
it's all about the quality of that you bring. Maybe FM is a nostalgia act. But I was talking about what makes it a Sad one. This reviewer just stated that that was La Nicks, and not LB. I can see what he means. That's the only thing I tried to pronounce.