User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
This honestly made me tear up!!! That's actually the best possible news -- especially given how many songs Lindsey wrote about Stevie during the previous Mac tour :O)
What songs did he write about her? That's too sweet.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default more favorable press

Entertainment, Sport & Funnies - Sheryl Crow not joining Fleetwood Mac
Sheryl Crow is putting the "Rumours" to rest. She is not joining Fleetwood Mac. The singing sensation says she is a huge fan and has a great relationship with Stevie Nicks but there are no plans for any mergers or any duets at this stage.
94.7 Eyewitness News - http://www.highveld.co.za

Sheryl Crowd Denies Working With Fleetwood Mac
Gigwise - UK
... of collaboration, but not at this time”. With Christine McVie leaving the group in the late ‘90’s, Stevie Nicks is currently the only female in the group.

Crow not working with Fleetwood Mac for now
By admin
Sheryl Crow is putting the “Rumours” to rest: She’s not making a record with or joining Fleetwood Mac — not anytime soon at least.
MYX TV Channel | Watch Asian,... - http://myx.tv

FLEETWOOD MAC WILL TOUR IN 2009 Fleetwood Mac New album from the ...
Uncut.co.uk - London,UK
Fleetwood Mac are definitely reforming for live dates to take place next year, the band's guitarist Lindsey Buckingham has said. ...

Fleetwood Mac back
DotMusic.com - USA
Fleetwood Mac will record a new album and play live dates next year, they have revealed. The legendary rock act are expected to reconvene in January to ...

Sheryl Crow Says She Won't Be Teaming Up With Fleetwood Mac ...
KBS Radio - Trail,BC,Canada
We'll have to see." Original keyboardist/singer Christine McVie left the band about 10 years ago, leaving singer Stevie Nicks as the sole female in the band.

Fleetwood Mac to reform and tour
NME.com - UK
No dates have been finalised as yet, but the band are planning the reunion shows for early next year. The American pop-rockers' guitarist Lindsey Buckingham ...

Sheryl Crow: Not working with Fleetwood Mac any time soon
Sheryl Crow is putting the "Rumours" to rest: she's not making a record with or joining Fleetwood Mac -- not any time soon at least. "No, that was those 'Rumours' -- to quote the album," she joked Wednesday, referring to the group's ...
The Sudbury Star RSS Feed - http://www.thesudburystar.com

Sheryl Crow not joining Fleetwood Mac
Sheryl Crow says she's a big fan of Fleetwood Mac. But she says the talk that she is going to join the group is just that: talk.
WISH - Entertainment - http://www.wishtv.com/global/category.asp?c=125256

Crow not working with Fleetwood Mac soon
By The Associated Press.
TH Online RSS Feed - http://www.thonline.com

India v Sri Lanka first Test scoreboard
Ninemsn - Sydney,New South Wales,Australia
Sheryl denies Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours'Sheryl Crow is putting the "Rumours" to rest: She's not making a record with or joining Fleetwood Mac - not anytime ...

Fleetwood Mac Reunites!
By Mike(Sean)
Fleetwood Mac is gearing up for a tour in early 2009 that will likely be followed by a new band album. A world with more Stevie Nicks is a happier planet! Band member Lindsay Buckingham said, "There was no sense we had to jump right in ...

Last edited by vivfox; 07-26-2008 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: ba
Old 07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfontherun View Post
Sounds like Linds is hinting that someone may still join the band to replace C. Vanesa Carlton anyone?

I think she would be a great addition and briong some youthful new blood into the group.

And what about Stevie's statement about no going out with FM unless anopther female was brought in? Did FM call her bluff maybe?
No, she came to a "point of clarity"... and that was good for her...
Old 07-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Ledgie

I have an idea...I'll have sex-reassignment surgery, and go on the road with them as "Bobbie" Welch ;-)

Question.....Should I go "C" cup, or "D" cup ?? ;-)

missus
(Bob Welch)
Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
I have an idea...I'll have sex-reassignment surgery, and go on the road with them as "Bobbie" Welch ;-)

missus
(Bob Welch)

LOL!! "D", of course!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

heh would you seriously consider touring with them (as Bob ) That would be so awseome, would Mick Stevie and Lindsey go for it.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
heh would you seriously consider touring with them (as Bob ) That would be so awseome, would Mick Stevie and Lindsey go for it.
Hey Hawkeye, what about John? Does he have a say in it too?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Ledgie

Thats all I ask---is for her to record the new album!!!!! I have seen her so many times with the MAC that I can sacrifice her not touring in promotion!!

All 3 of those voices are MAGIC when they blend---i say NEVER break that CHAIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
First of all, thanks Joe68 for the article.

Back to the quote -- above -- someone help me by translating.

What the hell does that mean? What comment is he making about STevie? Did she see a burning bush on the road to Damascus?

New topic to consider --- Christine.

Christine doesn't want to be a road dog...maybe she will go into the studio with them?

Stevie was quoted as saying that Chris WOULD have made SYW, but didn't want to tour and what if Chris's songs had been the hits...?

It kind of leaves the door open for Chris to add something to the new album, but Lindsey's quote says "in the context of the four of us."

Would Stevie be more agreeable to going into the studio AFTER the tour, if Chris was going to be there?
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox. Reason: moved it
Old 07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

missus
(Bob Welch)
Bob, that was hilarious! I'd love to see you out on the road with the band.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

missus
(Bob Welch)
Seriously Bob, would you tour and record with FM again if asked to? Considering the animosity that is there, would it be worth a try? Or are you forever done with FM?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Seriously Bob, would you tour and record with FM again if asked to? Considering the animosity that is there, would it be worth a try? Or are you forever done with FM?

There's no animosity left really...I talk to Mick often...Stevie and Lindsey never had anything at all to do with the lawsuit; it was all "pre" them...

But I don't think they will ever take me on the road....why should they? The S/L lineup was THE (most) successful lineup........that lineup has the best known "body of work".

Maybe, at some time in the future, there might be a 1 time only type HBO (or something) show as a Rumours/Pre-Rumours/Post Rumours "get together/"reunion".

But that , if it ever happens at all, probably won't happen until I'm 70ish.....like.....7 years from now !!!!!!!???????( Oh......My.....Gawd..."7" years...and I'll be 70 ????????????????????????????????????????????;-)

Best,

Bob ("Bobbiee")Welch
Old 07-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's no animosity left really...I talk to Mick often...Stevie and Lindsey never had anything at all to do with the lawsuit; it was all "pre" them...

But I don't think they will ever take me on the road....why should they? The S/L lineup was THE (most) successful lineup........that lineup has the best known "body of work".

Maybe, at some time in the future, there might be a 1 time only type HBO (or something) show as a Rumours/Pre-Rumours/Post Rumours "get together/"reunion".

But that , if it ever happens at all, probably won't happen until I'm 70ish.....like.....7 years from now !!!!!!!???????( Oh......My.....Gawd..."7" years...and I'll be 70 ????????????????????????????????????????????;-)

Best,

Bob ("Bobbiee")Welch

It's nice to know that everyone is on good terms. And I'm awaiting the day when you and some of the pre-rumours lineup can walk out on that stage again and remind the masses that there was a lot of extraordinary music made before Lindsey and Stevie joined FM. Bob, you're one of my favorite members of FM. Some of the music you've made with them will always be revisited by this old boy. "Hypnotized", "Sentimental Lady", "Silver Heels", "Future Games", "The Ghost" are all personal favorites of mine. And I realy like a lot of your solo music too, especially "Church". I could go on and name a lot more of your songs, but I'll just stop and say thanks Bob for your contributions to my favorite band in the whole world. And thanks for chatting with us fans.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Best,

Bob ("Bobbiee")Welch
Well, just know that there are alot of fans out there, myself included Mr Welch that truly appreciate your years of service to Fleetwood Mac! A tip of the cap to you. You know, I have Nightwatch and Revelation from the Penguin album on my personal cd of my fav Mac songs. a great pair of songs from that album indeed!

Last edited by DavidMn; 07-26-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Old 07-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

QUOTING MISSUS

But that , if it ever happens at all, probably won't happen until I'm 70ish.....

So...a Geritol Generation concert?

OK. I'd watch. Any chance of having Lawrence Welk bubble machines in the background?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

missus
(Bob Welch)
Who knew Bob Welch was a fan of Dressed To Kill?!

I love that movie.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.