User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Mmm...maybe not. It still makes me feel good when they do it.
Ah, you're no fun. You're wearing down too easily. Where's Jason?

Quote:
I'd up my contribution to the retirement fund.
I can't top that one, you bastard. *grumbles*

Quote:
You have no IDEA. You know, I have a pair of handcuffs still in the box, never used. Wanna play criminal for me ?

I promise I won't hurt you.
Hurting me is half the fun. I'll be your own Rodney King, except I won't put up a fight.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I understand your point, Sparks, but violence breeds more violence. And fascism breeds fascism. ie, Police can't just do what they want.
Oh, I SUPPOSE. But I still think it's cool when someone resists arrest and a cop beats the **** out of them. I don't think they should have no rules. But if someone attacks them and resists arrest and is violent towards them...I think whatever the person gets, they asked for.

Quote:
If the police could do what they want, then it should conversely be legal for regular people to beat the **** out of each other and do whatever they want.
Nah, I don't believe that reverse argument. I wasn't clear before. I am not being completely serious. I am being emotional. LOL. I think what I said above.

Quote:
Police are supposed to uphold peace and enforce laws and protect people, not practice random vigilantism.
Agreed. But if someone resists, I support the right for the cops to beat them until they are done...re: Jackass Career Criminal Rodney King.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hurting me is half the fun. I'll be your own Rodney King, except I won't put up a fight.
Now you are getting me excited.

I'd just do things that made you grunt and moan. You get a safe word. Have no fear.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now you are getting me excited.
Are you wearing the red hat?

Quote:
I'd just do things that made you grunt and moan. You get a safe word. Have no fear.
I'd probably forget the bloody word amidst all the excitement.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Oh, I SUPPOSE. But I still think it's cool when someone resists arrest and a cop beats the **** out of them. I don't think they should have no rules. But if someone attacks them and resists arrest and is violent towards them...I think whatever the person gets, they asked for.

Nah, I don't believe that reverse argument. I wasn't clear before. I am not being completely serious. I am being emotional. LOL. I think what I said above.

Agreed. But if someone resists, I support the right for the cops to beat them until they are done...re: Jackass Career Criminal Rodney King.

Just so we're clear here, you think:
A) Police should have special "beyond necessary force" rights that other citizens don't have, so that they can beat the **** out of someone they think is a criminal. (remember that totally innocent guy that was just standing there in NY, and cops beat the **** out of him?)
B) You don't think that this could lead to widespread racist and other abuse by cops. You know there are cops that make people "do things" just because they have cop authority, right?
okay, that's it.

Love ya anyways, and your sick emotional approval of cops beating people.
To be fair to you, I have the same emotional response about the death penalty, but I overrode my emotions with logic on that one. Barely.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Just so we're clear here, you think:
A) Police should have special "beyond necessary force" rights that other citizens don't have, so that they can beat the **** out of someone they think is a criminal. (remember that totally innocent guy that was just standing there in NY, and cops beat the **** out of him?)

No. But if they have witnessed them doing something like leading them on a chase, beating the hell out their wife, busting their kids' heads open..I don't blame them for popping a few punches in if the suspect gives them some guff.

Quote:
B) You don't think that this could lead to widespread racist and other abuse by cops. You know there are cops that make people "do things" just because they have cop authority, right?
Yeah. I think it is a drop in the bucket, though. And I think since we haven't been cops, our opinions are pretty useless in the argument.

Quote:
Love ya anyways, and your sick emotional approval of cops beating people.

I only approve them beating people that deserve it. Again, something they have witnessed, or if the suspect threatens or attacks them, or resists arrest.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you wearing the red hat?
I can if ya want me to.

Quote:
I'd probably forget the bloody word amidst all the excitement.
I'd remind you if I sensed you needed reminding.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:44 AM
amber
This message has been deleted by amber.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The AP just released the tape in it's entirety and Newsnight on CNN covered it for more than half an hour earlier. Did anyone happen to catch it? The new footage shows one of the police officers punching the man twice in the face while he's on the ground (with one officer on top of him, another holding him in a headlock, and another holding his feet), then it shows another officer kicking him in the head.

The tape also disproves the defense's assertion that his face was smashed in by falling on the ground. In reality, his head did not hit the ground; an officer had him in a headlock with stopped that from happening. Also, many of the injuries were on the right side of his face, but he fell on his left side.
i could only watch it once, it sicken me so much~
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think these oficers will be convicted if they do not take a plea. That video screams bad acts and ever expert I head commeming on the beatings said the poilice violate the code like when they hit the heads and bak of the next. The only viable defense the poilce have is that the man resisted arrest, which the film somewhat demonstrates as he is fighting not to be cuffed. I think the black jury in Orleans Parish will have no problem convicting these cops if for nothing else, they have probabkly been harrassed by the police more than one time in the past.
His lawyer maintains they never told him he was under arrest.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'd convict based on that sleazy lawyer alone.
I'd like to see the doughboy cop that held the news producer backward over the car hood go down.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I'd like to see the doughboy cop that held the news producer backward over the car hood go down.
He's actually one of the three officers being charged.

I'd like to know why the federal agents aren't being charged, though.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
His lawyer maintains they never told him he was under arrest.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...13/asb.01.html

COOPER: Mr. Gaut, how about you? Anything new that you saw?

WILLIAM GAUT, POLICE MISCONDUCT EXPERT: Yeah. This is my first view of the entire tape. I see lots of things there. Just a second ago, after the punches were delivered, his left arm pretty obviously is pulled down and pulled behind his back by one officer there. Reminds me of an old saying we had in the South, you could put lipstick on a pig. In the end, it's still a pig.

BROWN: And the significance of that the way you see it, I see his arm coming back also is at that point, at that point they had him under control?

GAUT: It's hard to tell from the video whether he's actually under control at that point. But his arm ...

BROWN: I'm sorry. That's the same point. Now, they're starting to punch him again. But that's the same point it seemed to me he was less than completely compliant. As a citizen, do I have a responsibility here to be absolutely compliant or take the consequences of not -- of not being so?

GAUT: No. That's the problem incidents like this. Is that too many times police officers don't have a clear understanding of exactly what their powers are or, more particularly, what their limitations are, as well as citizens not fully understanding what they can and can't do, in terms of resisting orders.

I heard one attorney -- I heard one attorney earlier say something about you can't resist arrest until you're actually placed under arrest. And he's exactly correct. Someone who is not placed under arrest, never told or given a lawful command, it's pretty hard for him to resist.

The rest of the transcript is priceless; that defense lawyer had his ass handed to him.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anderson was on Oprah the other day and she told him "You're the man" because he did the best reporting ever in New Orleans. I was home on vacation and got to see the show. She is a fan. She asked him what he thought was important in a reporter, he said you have to put your heart into it. This is why we love him.

I know that wasn't directly related to the above but I thought I would share.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahhhh - the old all cops are pigs vs. the criminals deserve no mercy argument. Here's the deal, cops have one of the toughest jobs in the world and are paid shiitte for it. Moreover, because of the bad apples, almost all cops are treated with fear. I mean they can beat the living shiitte out of you and if you try to defend yourself, they can beat you more. Kind of scary isn't it. On the other hand, who amongst us would like to walk into Watts ay noght and not be a bad mother fu**er ready to kill or be killed. Thus, the complexity of being a cop.

I think in the end, most cops I have experienced have an ego power trip going on and in many ways I cannot say I blame them.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Anderson was on Oprah the other day and she told him "You're the man" because he did the best reporting ever in New Orleans. I was home on vacation and got to see the show. She is a fan. She asked him what he thought was important in a reporter, he said you have to put your heart into it. This is why we love him.

I know that wasn't directly related to the above but I thought I would share.
She was a total fan, fawning all over him.

On a related note, CNN recently posted all of his articles that he writes each month for Details Magazine. They? Are hilarious. Read them now.