User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the same
One other really nice feature about me is that I have what my friend has named an "airwall". When I meet someone new, I immediately build a nice little wall to keep them away. This works really well for me especially when it comes to dating. "Oh, what, you're interested in me? Hmmm... get me some bricks and cement, 'cause you ain't gettin' in!" I get tons of action that way!

Isn't that the way it always is - the more you ignore them, the harder they try. Then, when you FINALLY meet one you are interested in, they want nothing to do with you, which usually makes you want them more. It is a VICIOUS MOTHER FU^&ING CYCLE

save the cheerleader - save the world
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a total wreck right now and wanna go drown myself in my bathtub.
If it makes you feel any better I sometimes feel the same way. Not that I am depressed or anything. I am just finding that I have some social problems- or to put it more bluntly I have a bunch of "friends" and I don't like any of them! Why can't I just attract people that are funny and smart and care about things other then their shade of nail polish? I am just so sick of some of the people in my life right now. So, I can relate to your state of miserableness to some degree.

We were frail...
Save us...
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfanken
Well, hang in there... I don't have any advice, but just know that you're not alone. The last year has been a hard one for me, sad and lonely... sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.
Loneliness is a terrible thing. I live in constant denial of my loneliness. Ever notice if you mix up the letters in my name DANIEL, you get DENIAL. Nice, eh? I hope you're doing okay. You're a cutie pie. "There is magic all around you if I do say so myself."

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 05-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One other really nice feature about me is that I have what my friend has named an "airwall". When I meet someone new, I immediately build a nice little wall to keep them away. This works really well for me especially when it comes to dating. "Oh, what, you're interested in me? Hmmm... get me some bricks and cement, 'cause you ain't gettin' in!" I get tons of action that way!
Ha! I'm the same way... I was actually accused of being an alien by an ex... because of the wall I build and my "issues".
Old 05-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate being lonely, yet I like doing most things alone. I go out by myself, when I go out, I sometimes go to the movies by myself, etc. But, I am not really what anyone would even remotely consider as shy (shut up Amber ) and am in fact very gregarious - probably to the point of being aggravating I guess I am very lucky to be comfortable with that.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Isn't that the way it always is - the more you ignore them, the harder they try. Then, when you FINALLY meet one you are interested in, they want nothing to do with you, which usually makes you want them more. It is a VICIOUS MOTHER FU^&ING CYCLE
Um... did you just crawl into my head and read my mind? EXACTLY!!! I pine away for boys from afar and in a sick way like having them far away from me so I can idealize them and turn them into something they can never be. It's the Angela Chase in me (My So-Called Life - best show evahhhh!) There was a brilliant line from My So-Called Life that went something like "I feel like I will die if I don't have the crush. Like I will starve to death. If the crush actually turns into something, then it's like it's not yours anymore." I am totally paraphrasing. When a crush turns into something... like a restraining order, for example! ... then I want nothing to do with the boy. But that like never happens because I am way to f*cked up to date anyone. Damn these all protecting airwalls!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfanken
Ha! I'm the same way... I was actually accused of being an alien by an ex... because of the wall I build and my "issues".

Notwithstanding you other "issues," don't you think everyone builds walls. I mean we all have out secrets. We all like our privacy. We all like a little mystery. Do you build huge walls all of the time?

In edit - that was meant in a curious way with no derision - I think you prob. knew that but on a re read I thought it could come off as that

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-27-2005 at 12:02 AM..
Old 05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Loneliness is a terrible thing. I live in constant denial of my loneliness. Ever notice if you mix up the letters in my name DANIEL, you get DENIAL. Nice, eh? I hope you're doing okay. You're a cutie pie. "There is magic all around you if I do say so myself."
See, I like having "me" time. I just want to throw my cell phone out the window when I am relaxing at home reading some magazines and all of the sudden a "friend" calls to bitch about their current "crisis" (which is generally an excuse for them to hear their own voice).
Old 05-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I hate being lonely, yet I like doing most things alone. I go out by myself, when I go out, I sometimes go to the movies by myself, etc. But, I am not really what anyone would even remotely consider as shy (shut up Amber ) and am in fact very gregarious - probably to the point of being aggravating I guess I am very lucky to be comfortable with that.
I would never say anything bad to one of two people who said something nice to me in Vegas!!! Bring on the gregarious! I love it!!!!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm the exact same way. I'll talk your ear off and am totally social with everyone but I prefer to be by myself half the time. I can't even shop with other people because I'm usually on a mission!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Um... did you just crawl into my head and read my mind? EXACTLY!!! I pine away for boys from afar and in a sick way like having them far away from me so I can idealize them and turn them into something they can never be. It's the Angela Chase in me (My So-Called Life - best show evahhhh!) There was a brilliant line from My So-Called Life that went something like "I feel like I will die if I don't have the crush. Like I will starve to death. If the crush actually turns into something, then it's like it's not yours anymore." I am totally paraphrasing. When a crush turns into something... like a restraining order, for example! ... then I want nothing to do with the boy. But that like never happens because I am way to f*cked up to date anyone. Damn these all protecting airwalls!
I am watching Dune on Sci Fi and they just showed a clip of the scene where the Reverend Mother screams to Alia "GET OUT OF MY MIND" as I am reading your question "Um... did you just crawl into my head and read my mind?" That is a little too coincidental for me

I am just not really that much of a wall builder. The only time I will is when I think people are using me, which has happened more than once. But, I can usually tell when someone is doing that because I have had years of exp. with people who try. But, emotional walls - not really. But, we all have them in some repect. I guess the trick is to meet someone who makes you feel like you do not need them. But, let me tall ya, trusting that much in people is not an easy thing to do

Old 05-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
See, I like having "me" time. I just want to throw my cell phone out the window when I am relaxing at home reading some magazines and all of the sudden a "friend" calls to bitch about their current "crisis" (which is generally an excuse for them to hear their own voice).
I wince every time my phone rings any time of the day. I tend to check the old caller id a lot and if I know it's gonna be a long one, I just don't answer. When I'm stuck in my head like right now, the last thing I wanna do is be on my phone!

KATE BUSH
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I'm the exact same way. I'll talk your ear off and am totally social with everyone but I prefer to be by myself half the time. I can't even shop with other people because I'm usually on a mission!

I can shop with gldstwmn because she and I like the same stores, but the minute we walk in it is usually "see ya in an hour" I also have an artist friend who was in Vegas with me and she and I act a little like a married couple when we shop - she explains the art on stores to me, she tells me what would look good on me colorwise, etc. But, she is married and we are totally just friends. So, in that respect, I like to shp with other people. But, after YEARS of experience, I can work the entire men's dept. at Neimans in like ten minutes and then try the stuff on

Old 05-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I agree. Give me a few million and I'll make things happen for myself, don't you worry. Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness was dead-ass broke, I tell ya.
Hence the quote, "Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can pull your yacht pretty damn close."

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 05-27-2005 at 12:19 AM.. Reason: damn typos.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess the trick is to meet someone who makes you feel like you do not need them.
Once again, you have perfectly stated exactly how I feel about people. This is unnerving! When people seem to need me too much, I shut down.

KATE BUSH