The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I agree with the stupid friends thing, my friends fave Stevie song is L&L (gag me), although she did like SS (somewhat redeems her). As for Petty I'm sure most of them know him. but wanting to see him in concert... Yeah I know Berk has some great shopping, I'm afraid if I end up in Ameoba I might never come out, or spend all my $$, though Village music in Mill Valley is pretty awsome too, oh it would be sooo cool if Petty did something in Marin, but I don't think they have a venue to put him in (damn Marin and it's clean -cutness).
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars
Old 03-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
Yeah I agree with the stupid friends thing, my friends fave Stevie song is L&L (gag me), although she did like SS (somewhat redeems her). As for Petty I'm sure most of them know him. but wanting to see him in concert... Yeah I know Berk has some great shopping, I'm afraid if I end up in Ameoba I might never come out, or spend all my $$, though Village music in Mill Valley is pretty awsome too, oh it would be sooo cool if Petty did something in Marin, but I don't think they have a venue to put him in (damn Marin and it's clean -cutness).
Marin doesn't have anything! Unless he wants to play on the beach, with a backdrop of fabulous houses! (I love going to Stinson beach, so much.) Is that where you live, Marin? Come pick me up and take me to the beach, girl! JK, of course. Yeah, Amoeba...I was actually thinking of clothes, but hey...you could also easily get a random tattoo or piercing on telegraph, so watch out!!!
But totally, if you come for the show I'll take care of you. I really do live within walking distance...not that I would walk, but you see what I mean...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your friends are totally missing out. I like Tom and was invited to see him by a friend and I just love concerts anyway so I went. I was just blown away. His catalog of music is phenomenal and he really puts on a great show. I was invited again the same year and went again! Ahhh Tom, "will you help me write this..." okay I won't go there.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I ADORE Stension Beach, yeah the only place Petty could play would be the fair (hmm they have had Steppenwolf and Hewy Lewis...) Yeah I'm now a Marin girl, always have been at heart. I just might go to the show, but right now my schedual is such that I have NO idea what I will be doing Aug 26th. Hmmm, I wonder if any other Ledgies are in the area. Nut seriously if I do decide to go it would be really cool to know someone else who was going Well I guess I have to keep an eye out for when tixs go on sale
Old 03-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Your friends are totally missing out. I like Tom and was invited to see him by a friend and I just love concerts anyway so I went. I was just blown away. His catalog of music is phenomenal and he really puts on a great show. I was invited again the same year and went again! Ahhh Tom, "will you help me write this..." okay I won't go there.
Really? I've never seen a show of his, and before, I was thinking it would be rather sedate, etc. But I've heard (and you just confirmed) that it's actually a great show. I was thinking it would be sedate, because, you know, he just sings songs....although, now, I wouldn't care anyway, cause I swear he is the most consistently good song man evah! I love sooo many of his songs, in a quiet sort of way... Did he do "Rebel" (or Dixie, or whatever it's called) when you saw him? I love that song, but never hear it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I ADORE Stension Beach, yeah the only place Petty could play would be the fair (hmm they have had Steppenwolf and Hewy Lewis...) Yeah I'm now a Marin girl, always have been at heart. I just might go to the show, but right now my schedual is such that I have NO idea what I will be doing Aug 26th. Hmmm, I wonder if any other Ledgies are in the area. Nut seriously if I do decide to go it would be really cool to know someone else who was going Well I guess I have to keep an eye out for when tixs go on sale
Yeah, apparently presale for Boston starts tomorrow, so I'm gonna keep a close eye. Sesly, pick me up, take me to Stinson? I love to rock hop there... It's just so gorgeous. But me and my "friend" used to go a lot, but we'd always watch out to see if that huge bank of fog was rolling in... I hate that fog bank...

Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm definitely going to see Tom in Berkeley. I've never been to the Greek Theatre so I'm excited. I don't go to Berkeley very often but every once in awhile I get the urge to go to Telegraph. I love Amoeba and Rasputin.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well you know if you aren't sure of the weather over there, just ring up the surf shop and ask, thats what I always do. Oh just a note but when the tide is way out at the beach make sure you don't end up to much to the left (past the rocks) it becomes a more "birthday suite" type beach then. Hey post when Pettys tix go on sale for the Greek, please! Are the tixs being sold through Ticketmaster? Thanks, now I must go eat dinner...(soup in a can, like Carrie on S &C I could use my oven for storage and not miss it) And hey it would be cool to go to the concert and meey you, you are one of the Ledgies I enjoy chating with, same sarcastic sense of humor
Old 03-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well you know if you aren't sure of the weather over there, just ring up the surf shop and ask, thats what I always do. Oh just a note but when the tide is way out at the beach make sure you don't end up to much to the left (past the rocks) it becomes a more "birthday suite" type beach then. Hey post when Pettys tix go on sale for the Greek, please! Are the tixs being sold through Ticketmaster? Thanks, now I must go eat dinner...(soup in a can, like Carrie on S &C I could use my oven for storage and not miss it) And hey it would be cool to go to the concert and meey you, you are one of the Ledgies I enjoy chating with, same sarcastic sense of humor
Yeah, I've been at Stinson then. But there's that weird hill trail that hits the rocks, I always run down that and LEAP! And, I love birthday suits...(as if it's really ever warm enough)
I'd like to meet you there, too! won't I be the tallest of us both?
Golden Braid - you gotta meet up!

Old 03-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
Well I'm definitely going to see Tom in Berkeley. I've never been to the Greek Theatre so I'm excited. I don't go to Berkeley very often but every once in awhile I get the urge to go to Telegraph. I love Amoeba and Rasputin.
I've sold many a CD there...including "Enchanted"...I used to work at Blakes, and some of my friends still work there. I really like telegraph... I've gotten tattoed, and pierced, at "Wicked" and pierced on the ave, and pierced at Zebra.... (although all of those piercings are out, now...)

Old 03-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

YAY! Petty coming to Buffalo! And I can actually go!

Oh, he's coming to 6 Flags Darien Lake Crappiest. Venue. Ever.

I will just have to suffer for the love.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
YAY! Petty coming to Buffalo! And I can actually go!

Oh, he's coming to 6 Flags Darien Lake Crappiest. Venue. Ever.

I will just have to suffer for the love.

Is it really the crappiest ever? Cause if he doesn't swing up to Toronto, I'll be driving to Buffalo... Why is it so crappy? Should I save my bucks?
Old 03-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I've sold many a CD there...including "Enchanted".
Shame on you!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
Shame on you!
yeah, I didn't do it on purpose.... Trust me, my heart was breaking... Especially since it cost $45, and I sold it for like, $8

Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Is it really the crappiest ever? Cause if he doesn't swing up to Toronto, I'll be driving to Buffalo... Why is it so crappy? Should I save my bucks?

No, it's not the worst ever. I exaggerated a little. Haven't been to many outdoor venues to be honest, so I guess I'm always bitching cuz I prefer smaller indoor places. I can't compare it to anywhere except the Blossom whatever in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. And Darien Lake is definitely better than that place. Never been to Molson Amphitheatre, so....

Like I said, I'm going anyway.