User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I live in a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2500 sq ft house, on 5 acres(mow 4, 1 acre of woods). Last spring, I added 650 sq ft onto my living and family rooms(on top of each other). Living room is big(26x25) with four skylights and gas fireplace. Family room is 35x25, with pool table, big screen, gas fireplace, and an oak bar that I built this winter. Detached 2 car garage, small horse barn(no horses though), and a pool.
Gorgeous.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Right, I have a fabulous roommate, but even she gets on my nerves sometimes. However, compared to my last roommate (the SWF ) she's a complete .
That movie is the sole reason I will never have a roommate. Scared the living **** out of me, I tell you!

Quote:
We live in a 2 bedroom apartment in the city where the rent is under market because my roommate has been there for 6 1/2 years and the landlord has never raised the rent on her. It's a nice place. My room is too small and so is the living room. The LR is perfect for 2 people but we can't have guests over to watch TV or anything since we only have room for 3 seats in there. However, we have a strangely gigantic kitchen! Especially for my part of town, nothing is big here unless you are dishing out $2500 or so. So for what we pay, it's a palace. I really love the location. I just have to figure out how to live in that tiny room without making myself so crazy. It's only tiny cuz I've got a desk and a vanity in there. But there's nowhere else to put it. Diss, I wish I had an office, lucky!

Oh yeah, we have a water view (limited in living room and my room, my roommate really has the view from her bedroom, beyotch) and roof access. People who visit us love it and think we are living like princesses. I guess we sort of are. Except city life can be rough, you always park a block or 3 away. You have to lug everything up 3 flights. It is effin' loud with the drunks and the sirens. I don't feel as safe as in the 'burbs.

But I get to walk everywhere! Including home fom the clubs so i never have to worry about driving after drinking. Then again, I sort of have to walk everywhere. I can't just pull up with the car and grab groceries and park in my garage and complain about lugging them a few feet. That's what Peapod is for!

Oh yeah, we have a tiny bathroom which is fine. Someday I will move back to the burbs but I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to live here!
Sounds nice. You're right about parking, jeezum crow. I loathe it. But I usually just park under the Prudential Tower and take the T everywhere. I want to buy one of those motorized scooters, though.

My office is bigger than my bedroom, so I naturally live in it 24/7. I put in a new carpet a couple months ago in it and at night I will literally crawl down onto the floor and lay there. I? Am weird.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
That movie is the sole reason I will never have a roommate. Scared the living **** out of me, I tell you!

Sounds nice. You're right about parking, jeezum crow. I loathe it. But I usually just park under the Prudential Tower and take the T everywhere. I want to buy one of those motorized scooters, though.

My office is bigger than my bedroom, so I naturally live in it 24/7. I put in a new carpet a couple months ago in it and at night I will literally crawl down onto the floor and lay there. I? Am weird.
And this is news? Mmm, new carpet. We need that for our entryway. K's last roommate was also a SWF and picked this salmon carpet for the entryway. WTF?? High traffic area, in the city, and she picks salmon? Barf.

Sesly, my last roommate copied my clothes, my food choices, everything. She was so bizarre. :shudder:

Edit: Oh yeah, and cool about the scooter. I would love one but am too clumsy and would effin kill myself!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gorgeous.
Thanks! I used to live well within my means. Unfortunately, that ain't the case anymore. My income fluctuates quite a bit. The lean months are, well, lean.....especially with doggie radiation and chemo bills now.
But, eight years and eight months from now, it's all paid for!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Thanks! I used to live well within my means. Unfortunately, that ain't the case anymore. My income fluctuates quite a bit. The lean months are, well, lean.....especially with doggie radiation and chemo bills now.
But, eight years and eight months from now, it's all paid for!
Dude, that's pretty sweet! I dream of owning my own home, literally. Good for you. How is your doggie doing?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
We live in a typical Canadian house, it's small, but cozy, we call it home.
LMMFAO!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to be making $30/hr plus $36/hour for per diem work so I can have nice living arrangements......Come on graduation!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:46 PM
amber
This message has been deleted by amber.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude, that's pretty sweet! I dream of owning my own home, literally. Good for you. How is your doggie doing?
We finished radiation a week ago. Thank god! That 6 hour (roundtrip) drive was killing me. Now, he's just doing a chemo treatment every three weeks, with my vet down the road. He's acting fine though. Lord, that dog loves to play. Before he was sick, I'd only play for 30-45 minutes, then MAKE him lie on the couch with me. Now, I play for the duration he wants to.....sometimes an hour or two, throwing a leather chew across the family room, for what seems like hundreds of times....
Hopefully he'll be lucky with beating this. If not, I at least hope I'm buying him some more quality time. He's my best buddy.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

I may be the only real estate broker in the world who still rents an apartment! We hate our neighbors and try to get them to leave, but the apartment complex won't kick them out. We only pay $580 a month, and that's with an extra $15 fee for month-to-month. It is 840 sq. ft., 2 bed/1 bath, where I live with my BF of 3 years, and 2 cats, and is in an area a little west of Portland, even tho my address says Portland.

I want to buy a house with cash (no loan!) so I'm saving up. If anyone needs a broker referral please let me know. (Shameless business plug) I can connect you with a qualified real estate agent in your area (for you or anyone you know) and make a little money off of it.

Every little bit helps, and much of my business is referrals! I do want a large home, 2000+ sq. ft. because I got a lot of memorabilia from you-know-who. Please help your fellow Ledgie get out of her apartment.
So we make our choices, when there is no choice...We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice...And the people, how they love her, they keep filling up her room...But the knowledge stands between us, Sisters... of the moon

Last edited by ChrystalGypsey; 03-24-2005 at 06:00 PM..
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
I live on my own in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, two storey house.. Got a new kitchen in here and got it furnished pretty well now, it's not a massive place but it does get a little quiet at times, not exactly cheap to keep though, maybe I need a couple of Ledgie lodgers!
That would kick so much a$$!! I'll rent a room!! LOL I just entered a contest at my local oldies station's website to win a trip for 2 to London. I'll let ya know if I win.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Holy sheet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
$985 a month is what. Rent controlled. Who am I to kick it out of bed?
$985 a freakin MONTH!?! For an apartment?

Are you a drug dealer? LOL
Old 03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

That's actually really good. Mine's $663, and it only has one smallish bedroom, and not a full kitchen. I mean, I have all the appliances at full size, but it's just a strip of linoleum off my frontroom....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a one-bedroom apartment. (No roommates, thanks.) At 730 sq. feet, it's one of the more spacious apartments I've seen. I love that they gave me my own carport.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sadly, in the Boston area, that is cheap.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Here in the UK its a bit silly for renting, most very small flats throughout the country go for between $800 and $1500 a month, If you want to rent in the heart of London you are looking at somewhere around $4000 per week for an average 1 bedroom flat!!!

Fortunately I don't rent but the rent rates plus the stupid taxes we have over here are really making it tough for a lot of people..