User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by kdemelli
Hey I've got that one. I think it's from Memphis '83, but I could be wrong. ok i just looked at the tour dates for mirage and that doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever. ok that's better perhaps Memphis October 12th 1982.

Kate
The tour dates listed on The Penguin don't even mention an OKC Mirage show, so who knows?
Old 08-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ericktul
The tour dates listed on The Penguin don't even mention an OKC Mirage show, so who knows?
I noticed that so i snuck over to another site that had Memphis listed atleast, so I'm pretty sure that's when it's from, that is unless they went to Memphis twice.

Kate
when it's cold outside i can say, this sucks,
and i won't have to hear you say, get tough,
and i'll never have to think, what a pity i can't
go touch that man."
- Laura Thomas
Old 08-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Largo 1979

We watched a tour tape from F Mac
at Largo/ 1979... where Stevie is throwing
out some fierce looks at Lindsey and Chris
because he glides over to her mic to sing
backup duet with Chris giving her a sweet
little smooch as she plays the piano part!

Naughty Lindsey and Chris... so adorable!
They put their heads together and sing the
appropriate parts eventually on her mic!

To be fair here...Lindsey also sings "Angel"
on one mic with Stevie...that was so cute!
MY... but that man exudes sexuality !!!
Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Largo 1979

Quote:
Originally posted by Cammie
We watched a tour tape from F Mac
at Largo/ 1979... where Stevie is throwing
out some fierce looks at Lindsey and Chris
because he glides over to her mic to sing
backup duet with Chris giving her a sweet
little smooch as she plays the piano part!

Naughty Lindsey and Chris... so adorable!
They put their heads together and sing the
appropriate parts eventually on her mic!

To be fair here...Lindsey also sings "Angel"
on one mic with Stevie...that was so cute!
MY... but that man exudes sexuality !!!
What song did Lindsey and Chris do the backup duet thing? Too cute--thanks for sharing!

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 08-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey I've got that one. I think it's from Memphis '83, but I could be wrong. ok i just looked at the tour dates for mirage and that doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever. ok that's better perhaps Memphis October 12th 1982.

Kate
Nope, it's not Memphis...though they are similar...VERY similar. On Memphis, Lindsey says something in his intro like "This is one of mine, uh...one of MY favorites..." Anyway, I only know this 'cause I do have the Memphis '82 concert in it's entirety...and these are definitley different. This Hold Me is just bizzare, nobody knows where it's from!!

As for Memphis...Linds definitley gets in the sauce towards the end. His speech during the intro to GYOW..."Memmmmmphis we'd like to thankyouverymuch..." is so sloppy. And he kinda goofs the beginning of Blue Letter...but all in all a good show by a great band!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jmn3
Nope, it's not Memphis...though they are similar...VERY similar. On Memphis, Lindsey says something in his intro like "This is one of mine, uh...one of MY favorites..." Anyway, I only know this 'cause I do have the Memphis '82 concert in it's entirety...and these are definitley different. This Hold Me is just bizzare, nobody knows where it's from!!
It's from the McNichols Arena show in Denver Oct. 15, 1982.

The Oklahoma City show at the Myriad was Sept. 26.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
The best part of that CD, if it's the same one I have, is Sara. Stevie stops the song in the middle and bitches at Lindsey and Christine for not singing back up vocals. She's like, "Well I can't hear any back up vocals, and that's because you're NOT SINGING!" It just stikes me as funny.
Doesn't she also complain about Christine's fiddling with her piano?
Old 08-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David

The Oklahoma City show at the Myriad was Sept. 26.
Yep. The good 'ol Myriad. We miss her so.

I posted a review from that show on The Ledge not too long ago.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kate
A statement of fact: The very short Mirage tour took place in 1982. There were no Fleetwood Mac concerts in 1983 -- Stevie was on to her Wild Heart period by that time. It doesn't take much effort to confirm this.

It's so easy for someone to get the facts wrong, and then have a whole lot of people accepting it as the truth. I tried to convince one on-line fan that her 1983 Mirage CDR show was from 1982. Yet I don't think she really believed me because "It says 1983 on the CDR!" (Just shoot me, please!)

Please be careful not to take any of the information provided on bootlegs as fact, unless you can substantuate it. I've been a Fleetwood Mac follower longer than most of the fans on this site have been alive. I know better.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-08-2003 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinHead
I tried to convince one on-line fan that her 1983 Mirage CDR show was from 1982. Yet I don't think she really believed me because "It says 1983 on the CDR!" (Just shoot me, please!)

Please be careful not to take any of the information provided on bootlegs as fact, unless you can substantuate it. I've been a Fleetwood Mac follower longer than most of the fans on this site have been alive. I know better.
Sorry if I bruised your ego, sweetie. If I'd realized how much it mattered to you, I would have changed it so that everyone could partake of your expertise (wisdom the likes of which newer fans like me, in our wretched ignorance, can only hope to one day obtain). I hope you can find it in your heart to overcome your disgust and condescend to forgive my horrifying oversight. I know I am unworthy of such consideration, and deserve all the contemptuous scorn you would like to heap on me in public forums such as this one, but I beg for it anyway.

Mea culpa.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-08-2003 at 12:21 PM..
Old 08-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

Wow. Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, I think as long as you know what tour it's from, that's good enough.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
...your expertise (wisdom the likes of which newer fans like me, in our wretched ignorance, can only hope to one day obtain)...
Tehee...

Nothing more to add, I guess. It wasn't such a big deal anyway.

Song of the moment - Green Manalishi
Old 08-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In the grand scheme of things, the correct labeling of Fleetwood Mac's live shows is a pretty inconsequential thing... but I'll tell ya, for us obsessive types, it's enough to almost drive you crazy.

I've seen several auctions on eBay for concert CDs from years when Fleetwood Mac or Stevie didn't even tour... ie: "This amazing show is from Stevie's sold-out world tour in 1984!!!"

Unfortunately those kinds of mistakes have made it very difficult to pin down dates on some of the earliest bootlegs... such as the Trod Nossel Studios recording in Connecticut (often bootlegged as 'Who's The New Girl'), or the King Biscuit Flower Hour show (the locale is often given incorrectly on that one too).

I started work on a site a couple years ago, trying to correct those kinds of things... giving the actual dates (as best as I could find in my research), locations, full track-listings (since some CD bootlegs actually contain truncated versions of shows originally bootlegged on vinyl), etc., but it got put on the backburner, and still never completed.
I am the king of procrastination unfortunately.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-08-2003 at 04:38 PM..
Old 08-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
A statement of fact: The very short Mirage tour took place in 1982. There were no Fleetwood Mac concerts in 1983 -- Stevie was on to her Wild Heart period by that time. It doesn't take much effort to confirm this.

It's so easy for someone to get the facts wrong, and then have a whole lot of people accepting it as the truth. I tried to convince one on-line fan that her 1983 Mirage CDR show was from 1982. Yet I don't think she really believed me because "It says 1983 on the CDR!" (Just shoot me, please!)

As far as I'm concerned I corrected myself, and then was told that it was similar but not the same bootleg as the one in question. The fact that I allowed my original mistake to show is in some ways proof to the fact that I believe that facts should be correct. I did make the effort and I found a date that corresponded to the time frame of Mirage as well as the city that was listed on my bootleg. I'm sorry that the initial misinformation caused you to doubt the degree to which I value truth, but in the end I made an honest mistake and I corrected it.
Kate
when it's cold outside i can say, this sucks,
and i won't have to hear you say, get tough,
and i'll never have to think, what a pity i can't
go touch that man."
- Laura Thomas

Last edited by kdemelli; 08-08-2003 at 06:03 PM..
Old 08-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps I communicated my thoughts with just a little too much attitude! Sorry...I guess a few lines could be construed as condescending. I shouldn't have written it in the state I was in -- angry and upset about my job search and mitigating circumstances. Next time I'll take my aggressions elsewhere.

Still...as a self-proclaimed obsessive collecter, and as a professional writer, details are absolutely important to me. And I hate to see misinformation spread around to the point where it becomes considered as fact.

With regard to collecting shows...speaking for myself, the more information I have about a particular show, the better. Historical accuracy (dates) is obviously important to distinguish hundreds of concerts.

Plus, with regard to what JohnnyStew mentioned, without the proper information, it becomes easy to obtain a duplicate of show you already have -- because the date was misrepresented.

In fact, I think the few less-than-credible, dubious traders/sellers that lurk out there sometimes diliberately mislabel shows so to dupe people into buying something they already own. Am I being paranoid? Has this happened to anyone?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-09-2003 at 12:48 PM..