Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the NOLA video.

I see Lindsey pointing to himself and Stevie can see him do it too, but he's not really saying anything to her. I mean maybe he was mouthing something like, "me? me, me" as he gestured at himself, but he certainly didn't seem to be indicating "You're wrong. That's not what happened. What they REALLY wanted was a guitar player" not even enough time passed for him to be saying all of that to her before she corrected herself and said, "let's face it, they just wanted you."

Michele
Old 11-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

26/04/2013 - Pittsburgh

Songs

28/04/2013 - St Paul

Song

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

30/04/2013 - Kansas City

Intro / Song

???

01/05/2013 - Tulsa

Intro / Song

???

03/05/2013 - Little Rock

Intro / Song

???

04/05/2013 - New Orleans

Intro / Song

Songs

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3...ans_(6.10).mp4 [06.10 minutes, 33 MB]

What Was Said

S: And it was probably recorded in 1974 when we were making our second Buckingham Nicks album that you don’t know about because we never finished it. Anyway, we found it on YouTube – can you believe it? – but we did. In 2010. And I brought it to Lindsey and said ‘do you remember this song?’ And he’s like ‘well, yeah, I’m playing on it, I do’.

S: So, anyway, without going into the five hour story that it really is, we wrote it, we recorded it, we loved it, we lost it, we found it and then... Mick wants me to remind you that this is what he heard when he first heard us. He heard these voices and these phrasings and that was kind of what he was attracted to. Or so he tells me. So that’s the story.*Mick points to Lindsey* *Lindsey points to himself* *Mick nods* He was actually really attracted to Lindsey’s guitar playing. This, the voices, all that *L and S gesture between themselves* stuff was completely secondary. *Lindsey clears his throat* Well, it was, really. They just wanted you. Let’s face it, they wanted you
L: That’s right. I told them they had to take my girlfriend too.
S: Thank you, Lindsey.
L: Well, it worked out, didn’t it?!
S: Thank you for bringing me on this ride.
L: I think it worked out okay.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Thank you for finding and posting this video. It really gives me a feel for the place and makes me feel like I was in that audience on that special day.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

12/05/2013 - Winnipeg
14/05/2013 - Saskatoon
15/05/2013 - Edmondson
17/05/2013 - Calgary
19/05/2013 - Vancouver

Song / Intro

???

20/05/2013 - Tacoma

Song

Intro / Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y...oma_(6.31).mp4 [06.31 minutes, 24MB]

What Was Said
*** = my hearing is obviously shot because I couldn't work these parts out and so I left them blank instead of guessing...

S: So this song really tells about the beginning of our relationship and how cool it was and how much fun we had. It was, you know, in those days it was everything that you would hope that it was; it was that fantastic and that experience of a lifetime that only a few get to have and we got to have it.

S: Because Fleetwood Mac needed a guitar player and that was certainly not me... So, they needed Lindsey and fortunately Lindsey had this girlfriend that, lucky for me, the girlfriend and the waitress, he and Mick decided to take with them. So I want to thank them both. Well, *looks at Lindsey* I know you decided, however...
L: I told Mick he had to take my girlfriend
S: Okay, but Mick could’ve said ‘I don’t want your girlfriend’
L: Well, that’s what **********
S: That’s true, you’re right! That’s true! We love having these discussions up here on stage in front of all these people
L: But, did it work out or what?
S: It so worked out and that’s why I really do want to thank both of you boys for taking me along on this ride with you
S: ***********

Old 11-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

22/05/2013 - San Jose

Song

Intro

*couldn't relocate the original video on youtube*

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2...ose_(2.25).mp4 [02.25 minutes, 6MB]

What Was Said

S: They were actually looking for a guitar player. Not a duo. So what happened was that, because he was such a loyal boyfriend, he said he was not going to join the band if he couldn’t take his girlfriend. Who was a waitress at the time. And a cleaning lady. So I just want to really thank you, Lindsey, and thank you Mick Fleetwood, for taking me out of the horrible rut I was in and taking me with you! Thank you so much!
L: I think it worked out okaaay!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, soon they'll get to the point in the tour where they will say "don't forget John McVie" and Stevie will then include John too.

Michele
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Apologies for the break. Have been preoccupied with some other research and compilation and forgot about this... xoxo

25/05/2013 - Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)

Song (with TINY portion of intro)

Intro/Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/lr....13_(5.12).mp4 [05.12 minutes, 15 MB]

What Was Said

S: I’d like to thank Lindsey Buckingham for taking me with him. And I’d like to thank Mick Fleetwood and also John McVie for saying ‘Okay, you can bring the girl’.

26/05/2013 - Las Vegas

Intro/Song

???

28/05/2013 - Anaheim

Intro

Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/fj...eim_(1.30).mp4 [01.30 minutes, 4 MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/t1...eim_(4.22).mp4 [04.22 minutes, 14 MB]

What Was Said

S: And four years later – almost four years later? I have to check my facts with Lindsey now – in 1974 after...

S: The song was completely lost and in 2010 some of my friends found the demo that we don’t have because I think somebody stole it out of the house and then crept back into the house and put it back, y’know. Probably Mick. And then we lost it ourselves.

S: And here’s where the story falls apart
L: *clears throat*
S: *to Lindsey* I know. I know you’re bored but just hang in there.
L: I’m not! I love this story.
S: I know, just hang with me here.

S:... remember to tell the audience that this song is really, the way Lindsey plays, the way you guys sing together, your phrasing, the whole thing that you guys do, your Everly Brother thing...

S: Now, nowhere in the words ‘lead guitarist’ is there ‘and his girlfriend’. So -
L: *starts to talk*
S: Okay, take it, Lindsey!
L: No, I’m just going to say, what they didn’t know was that they needed a brilliant lead singer
S: Thank you so much for saying that but the end –
L: *starts to walk towards Stevie*
S: You can come over here. *beckons*
L: *walks to Stevie and they put arms around each other side by side*
S: But the end of this crazy story is that they did ask us to join the band – Mick and John and Christine – and we did. And I like to thank Lindsey and... What’s his name?
L: *quietly says Mick**says Mick into mic*
S: Mick. And John. And Chris is only here in spirit but here. For asking us to join their band. Because, you know, we were starving. Anyway, so here it is –
L: Mick and I would like to thank you, too.
S: Well, thank you. We’re just the thank you twins, I think.
L: Let’s not forget John.
S: And let’s not forget John McVie! *facing John* Because truly, when I first heard you guys were thinking about asking us, I went and bought all your records and I thought to myself, swear to god, what a GREAT bass player John McVie is. I mean it, really. You can pay me on the plane. *laughs*

S: And it is on our little EP thing, our epp. And it’s called Without You.

Last edited by nicole21290; 11-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: an extra WY to make up for slackness
Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is where I came in and got to see more shows for the first time since April. I loved how the intro had revolved in those few weeks.

Michele
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

30/05/2013 - Phoenix

Intro

Intro/Song

Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/watch/gb2po...x%20(8.58).mp4 [08.58 minutes, 34 MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ygjy2...x%20(8.07).mp4 [08.07 minutes, 30 MB]

3. http://www.mediafire.com/watch/y99vm...x%20(6.13).mp4 [06.13 minutes, 18 MB]

4. http://www.mediafire.com/watch/0cos1...x%20(4.42).mp4 [04.42 minutes, 20 MB]

What Was Said

S: Once upon a time in probably 1970 in San Francisco, a girl wrote a poem, probably put it in her dresser drawer and then, not that long after, she and her gorgeous boyfriend moved to Los Angeles.

S: And then, there was a year before Fleetwood Mac so we had a year to like hang out because we were starting over from scratch

S: So then, in 2010, some friends of mine were on YouTube and found it – the whole thing, the whole video that some girl had made, you know, with pictures of me and Lindsey, and the whole song. So there it is. So I got it off of YouTube and I take it and I show it to Lindsey and I go “Do you remember this?” And he’s like “Well, yeah, kinda. I mean, it’s me playing.” And I’m like “Well, this is, how could we have lost this song?” And we figured that probably, you know, we made cassettes like donuts and we think someone got into our house, stole the cassette...

S: Soooo... I’m speechless now. Do you want to take the story? Go ahead.
L: I was going to interrupt and say that what Mick didn’t realise was that they also needed a wonderful, brilliant lead singer *fistbumps with Mick*
S: Mick will pay you later on the plane. Alright, that was very sweet of him to say but in actuality they were looking for a guitar player and Lindsey, because he was my guy, he said “I’m not, I won’t join your band unless you take my girlfriend.” So, even though they already had another girl. So then, now the story has come around to this: I would like to thank my boys here – Mr Buckingham, Mr Fleetwood, Mr McVie and the then Mrs McVie – for taking me with them. Because they didn’t have to. And I could still be a waitress in Los Angeles. And Lindsey could have gone off to Fleetwood Mac and they would have, you know, and there I’d be still delivering eggs.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I had forgotten this one. One of my favs because of the donuts and the eggs. She must have been hungry that night. Lol.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

01/06/2013 - Denver

Intro

Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9...r%20(3.43).mp4 [3.43 minutes, 9 MB]

What Was Said

S: As old stories always do, it gathers moss like a rolling stone

S: It ended up being, when it was written, before we ever moved to LA, the nicest thing, the nicest piece of poetry that I ever wrote about Lindsey and I. Cos it’s about both of us. And it’s really a lovely poem and it’s a lovely sentiment and, you know, as poems go, it’s one of my nicest poems because my poems aren’t all that nice usually. This one is.

S: Until somebody, some of our friends, were on – yes, you guessed it – YouTube and they found this little song that had been simmering in the cosmos for a hundred years. And they showed it me and I’m like ‘oh my god!’ So I showed it to Lindsey and I said “do you remember this song?” and he’s like “well, yes, of course I remember it.” And I’m thinking, well, how could we have lost this?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Have a few to make up for the days I forget...

04/06/2013 - Dallas

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a...s%20(5.20).mp4 [05.20 minutes, 15MB]

What Was Said

S: And Lindsey and I, who had been in a band for three years working together and by then were boyfriend and girlfriend, then we packed up and moved to Los Angeles. When we got to Los Angeles we spent two years, about, maybe – I know I never get this right – we spent some time and we made the Buckingham Nicks album.

S: Okay, now I’ve lost my complete train of thought because I’m so nervous. Okay, so, I think what happened then was that then there was a year that followed that before [???] about Fleetwood Mac and, um, *turns to Lindsey* is this right? I’ve completely, where are we?
L [???]
S: See, every time we try and change something it messes me. Never change anything.
L: That’s what you get for trying to shorten the story
S: I know, I screwed it up now. Okay. Well...
L: Just continue. Continue. It’s good. It’s all good.
S: I try to continue and I’m messed up now. Well, okay, so anyway, the song was lost. And we think somebody stole it out of our house because we made so many hundreds of cassettes and you could just tiptoe in, steal a cassette, copy it at your house, take it back, and we would never even know. That’s what we think happened. And then, of course, we lost it. So the song disappeared into the ethos [sic] until 2010 when some of our friends who ARE on the internet – not me – but some of our friends, found the song. They showed it to me and I’m like ‘Oh my god! How did this song – which I loved so much – get lost?!’ So I took it to Lindsey and said like ‘Look at this song!’ and he’s like ‘Wow, how did that song get lost?’ And I’m thinking ‘are we just stupid? What in the world happened?’ Anyway, so...

S: And Mick always wants to remind me - or at least he did until we had the big talk about this story being too long – that this is one of the...

S: I would first of all like to say thank you to Lindsey for bringing me with him on this ride. And then I would like to say thank you to Mr Mick Fleetwood and Mr John McVie *pause for cheers* and Christine who wishes she was here but is not but she was part of it too. Thank you to all of these boys and that lady for taking me on this amazing, crazy and wild ride that is Fleetwood Mac.

05/06/2013 - Houston

Intro/Song

???

07/06/2013 - Tampa

Intro/Song

???

10/06/2013 - Atlanta

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7...a%20(4.39).mp4 [04.39 minutes, 17 MB]

What Was Said

S: This song, we laugh about it every night on the plane [???] the city we’ve just played at.

S: In 1970, probably, I wrote a poem and it was a really beautiful poem about Lindsey and I, who had been in a band for three years and had also been going together for quite a while even by then.

S: And then, in 2010, some friends of ours who were on, you know my favorite thing, ‘YouTube’, found it. Floating around.

S: And we recorded the song and it’s recorded almost exactly the way it was in 1974. Which is great because it’s nice to bring back [???] who we were before this whole thing happened. *to Lindsey* Right? Right. If you wanna jump in here, ‘right’. Just say it: ‘right’.
L: Right. 1974.
S: 1974. So, anyway...

S: Nothing in the words ‘lead guitarist’ says ‘lead guitarist and hippie girlfriend’.

12/06/2013 - Detroit

Intro/Song

???

14/06/2013 - Chicago

Intro/Song

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/09...o%20(5.15).mp4 [05.15 minutes, 17 MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/in...o%20(5.48).mp4 [05.48 minutes, 16 MB]

3. http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd...o%20(9.59).mp4 [09.59 minutes, 28 MB]

What Was Said

S: And it was probably the most beautiful poem I wrote about the two of us and obviously, as he will talk to you about later about how difficult it became later, it was not difficult when this poem was written. Everything was just easy and beautiful and we were young and crazy and nuts and everything was difficult and hard to do but we were having a great time trying to figure it out together. And that’s what this poem was about.

S: And then this is where I forget where I am in the story... It’s true. Happens every night. So, and then, um, and then... *turns to* Lindsey. Then what happened?
L: *laughs* Um...
S: Can you hear me?
L: Yes, yes. Um, yes, we started the second album. And we were in the early stages of that when we ran into this *SnL point to Mick* guy.
S: Right, well, we didn’t exactly run into him. We were at Sound City doing our record and Mick came out there and heard some songs off the Buckingham Nicks record. He was actually looking for a place to do a record but he was also looking for... *looks at Lindsey* Okay, this is where my story really gets messed up. Really, seriously, I’m just completely screwed now. So, um, okay. Really, I am! I’ve completely *fans self* I’m starting to sweat!!! Alright, okay. Well, anyway, so we recorded a few demos of which this was one. And then Mick Fleetwood heard some of our music and he wants to remind me – THIS is where [???] – to always remind you that one of the things that attracted him to us was the way we sang together as a – I just thought of this the last show – we were kind of like a triangle.

S: Nowhere in the words ‘lead guitarist’ does it say ‘lead guitarist AND hippie girlfriend’. Take it, Lindsey!
L: Wha? Oh. Well, I was very complimented by Mick’s offer but being in love with Stevie and loyal to her I said “Mick, if you take me, you gotta take my girlfriend too.” And I think it worked out okay!
S: So, to wipe the slate clean here and to end the story, I would like to thank my boys up here. First of all, Lindsey Buckingham, thank you for taking me with you into Fleetwood Mac on this wild ride, I would like to thank you, Mr Mick Fleetwood, oh caterpillar of Alice in Wonderland, for asking Lindsey and me – y’know, by proxy – to join your *Lindsey kisses Mick’s upper arm* magnificent band. And I would also like to thank Mr John McVie because I can just hear him in the background saying “Just bring the girl!!!” See, it was really, really long, the story.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She says later that Lindsey will talk about their difficulties, but he doesn't do that really with the Say Goodbye intro.

I love how she says that Mick always liked to remind her -- at least he did before they had the talk about the story being too long. She's very funny.

Thanks for the video and write ups.

Michele
Old 12-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

15/06/2013 - Cleveland

Intro

Intro/Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ll...d%20(3.25).mp4 [03.25 minutes, 10 MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/w8...d%20(4.00).mp4 [04.00 minutes, 10 MB]

3. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ml...d%20(6.00).mp4 [06.00 minutes, 14 MB]

4. http://www.mediafire.com/download/n4...d%20(5.44).mp4 [05.44 minutes, 20 MB]

5. http://www.mediafire.com/download/7t...%20(10.24).mp4 [10.24 minutes, 27 MB]

What Was Said

S: This is a story that started out at the beginning of the tour at, oh, maybe a minute, and worked itself to be about five minutes and forty seconds. And so I’ve being trying, ever since we realized how long it was, to shorten it and of course when you try to shorten a story you totally screw up because you get lost in your story. So every night now I’m trying to shorten it but it just gets longer. So, somewhere in 1970 in San Francisco was a girl – me – who wrote a poem about her boyfriend – Lindsey – and it was this beautiful, beautiful poem because we had been in a band for three years and we were going out and we had already come through like amazing things and we opened for Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin and we were struggling and we were winning. We thought we were winning.

S: And so then... I’m getting lost again, Lindsey. So then, what I think happened was that Mick Fleetwood was looking for some people and he came out to Sound City where we were working on our second Buckingham Nicks album and, um, he heard some of our music and so *turns to Lindsey* am I on the right track here?
L: I think you are.
S: Okay, so Mick was really looking for a place to make a record but most importantly he was looking for a lead guitarist. Now, in the middle of this I have to tell you that...

S: Nowhere in the words ‘lead guitarist’ did it say ‘lead guitarist and hippie *shakes hips* girlfriend’. *laughs*
L: That’s right.
S: It’s true. So... Go ahead
L: Well, no, I was just going to say, y’know, I said to Mick “I’m, I’m pleased that you offered this and I feel complimented but I love my girlfriend and she’s very talented and you’ve gotta take her too!” It’s called loyalty!
S: So... See, I’m losing my train of thought. This is what happens when you’ve been in a band for this long. So, anyway, he joined Fleetwood Mac and I got to go too.