The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: How'd you find this place?

Quote:
Originally posted by David

The forum used to use a Matt Wright script that was popular for message boards for a long time, & it was neat because thread headers were hierarchically organized so that the headers themselves created a sort of conversation or dialog. We used to play little word games with the headers.
Why did this change?

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
I'm pretty sure it was through the Nicksfix. Plus, it was right before the current tour and I wanted to find out more info!!
Wish I would have known this place when I was in Austin. I might have hit the concerts with Livia and you (if you had found it then, too). Instead I always headed to Houston with casual fans.

- jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Even all the crazy fights!
Okay, you got my attention. Go on.

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I found it...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
by accident, Simple as that.

Brian j.
Nothing simple about accidents. Ask the Mac. Everything has its time and reason, right?

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I can't imagine having never met Sarah, Ali, Meredith...people whom I consider to be three of my best friends...
Wow, does the board pay them for this sacrifice?

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by xdreamsunwindx
Time goes by pretty fast .
I know, I can't believe it's been ten months since the Philly show and fifteen years since I first saw Stevie in Wisconsin.

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
When I first got into the internet in 1998, I had just become interested in the Mac. I found the Penguin and noticed there was a "message board" - something I'd never heard of before, lol. I went to check it out.... and got scared. I didn't understand the way the threads were set up, and I didn't feel like I knew enough to carry on intelligent conversations with anyone, lol. You guys may find this hard to believe, but I'm actually very shy! lol So, I headed for the hills, and didn't sign up.

After I got my master's degree in 2000, I had more time to do some surfing, so I joined some FM-listservs, most of which often referred to "The Ledge." But I hadn't visited it in two years, and my memory of it as a difficult, intimidating place prevented me from trying to go back.

I started my own site in August of 2000, and as the year progressed I began to realize I was just out of the loop and unaware of so much that was going on. Since having a site made me a little braver, I checked out the Ledge and saw, to my astonishment, that it didn't look anything like it did back in 1998. It was a lot more user-friendly. I began to think I might have confused it with something else, lol. I started to visit, to get the latest news, because people around here seemed so well-informed.

But it wasn't until 2001 and TISL came out when I realized that I wanted to be in on the conversations. I bit the bullet and signed up.

The rest is history!
Glad you're here, Nancy.

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
so I went over there and struck up some conversation....and they were like, "are you a Ledgie?" and I was like.."What is a Ledgie??" So they told me about this board...and I got home, wrote a review for the NicksFix and then found this place a while later
I've asked that at concerts and sometimes the answer is yes. To others the question does sound weird.

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
A friend of mine signed up for AOL sometime in '96, and when I was visiting her, the first thing we did was look up info on Stevie.
We quickly found the NicksFix, and then eventually we found Penguin, and they became regular stops whenever my friend and I would surf the internet.
I discovered the net in '96 and found the Nicksfix right away, too.

- Jake
Old 03-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Lemme see...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I dipped my toe in and before ya knew it....BAM...I'm an addict with a daily habit.
I'll blame Texas if you will, Christy.

- Jake
Old 03-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
We finally got our own computer in '00 and I lurked for another year and a half before finally getting up the nerve to actually say something myself.
I'm amazed that people found the board scary at first. I thought we're all pussycats.

- Jake
Old 03-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo

Ironically, I only ever came to the ChitChat forum about a year or so ago. Although that was down a lot for maintenance for a while.
Yeah, I used to skip this forum for a long time, too. Now most of my posts are here.

- Jake
Old 03-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by laurie816
Beats me...just a happy little accident I guess.
Amazing how many of us forgot.
What happened to love at first post?

- Jake
Old 03-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Wow, does the board pay them for this sacrifice?

- Jake
....try and get all nostalgic for a moment and WHAM....

To answer your question...yes. It's how Meredith keeps getting to stay at the Four Seasons

Last edited by GardenStateGirlie; 03-11-2004 at 12:10 AM..
Old 03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Girl
Thanks to everyone that maintains a site!!!

Also, finding The Ledge makes me feel less weird about being obsessed with FM -- I'm not alone.
Amen to both points.

- Jake