The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2004, 10:33 PM

I have now been duly Tusked. Good news. Will listen to both disks during a four-hour car ride tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I had to return my Rumours CD to Best Buy because it was damaged. I ruined some dumb kid's night. Evidently, the policy is if the customer returns "software" (The dumbass didn't seem to understand the concept of music CD), the "software" has to be exchanged for another copy. Fine. Problem is they didn't have anymore copies. "Then you must get another title of the same value."

Can you just picture me going balistic on this retail robot? The poor dumb shmuck was begging for mercy by the time I was done with him.

I walked out with a full refund.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I have now been duly Tusked. Good news. Will listen to both disks during a four-hour car ride tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I had to return my Rumours CD to Best Buy because it was damaged. I ruined some dumb kid's night. Evidently, the policy is if the customer returns "software" (The dumbass didn't seem to understand the concept of music CD), the "software" has to be exchanged for another copy. Fine. Problem is they didn't have anymore copies. "Then you must get another title of the same value."

Can you just picture me going balistic on this retail robot? The poor dumb shmuck was begging for mercy by the time I was done with him.

Lord that poor child - I have both witnessed and been the brunt of it only in prose and I am still smarting

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-02-2004, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I walked right into my trusty local Fred Meyer today and walked out with all 3 Remasters, no problem. I expected to. They're great about these things for some reason. (I admit, it WAS the last Tusk on the shelf, but I went late at night and it appeared they have been stocking all of them heartily).
Old 04-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have yet to get them and I desperately need to. I refuse to go to Best Buy BUT they do have free shipping and I think it's $13.99 if you order it online if anyone wants to do that. I do laugh at the fact that they're already on e-bay
Old 04-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

I payed 23 bucks for my tusk at walmat, which was the only one they had left. I spent all my money on it Then a week later I went to best buy and saw it for 13.99, damn my being impatient. I could have bought tusk and fleetwood mac for the priced I payed, OH WELL. I also got Rumours at best buy, it was an Easter gift from my mom, since I begged her to buy it for me. I need to get myself a job.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Still have not been able to get any of them here in Canada. At least not in one hour and a half from me.
The cheepest I have heard of them selling in Canada is $28 on line. Oh the strugles of being a broke single parent.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Is it true...

that BestBuy listed a incorrect price at $13.99 online then raised the price to $17.99? I haven't checked to see if this is the case, But does anyone know if this is indeed true?

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sounds like me.

Supposedly, it's the law that says if you purchase a CD, software program, video, or DVD, you do not get a refund. Something to do with copying it. Every store does it. How ridiculous.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I used to have a friend who worked in retail... you don't even want to know the things he used to tell me that he and his co-workers would do when a customer would argue over store policies (Lord help ya, if you used a credit card for your purchases).

That's one of the reasons he's no longer a friend... but it's always a good idea to remain calm and remember it's just their job.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Is it true...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
that BestBuy listed a incorrect price at $13.99 online then raised the price to $17.99? I haven't checked to see if this is the case, But does anyone know if this is indeed true?
I don't know if that's true or not...I haven't looked. However, they often charge more in the store than they do online and Best Buy won't price match with bestbuy.com (I used to work there) so there is a possibility that it's more expensive in the store than it is online. Go figure.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Great!

Quote:
I have now been duly Tusked.
Congratulations!

I hope you were pleased with the sound and the extras!