User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
I remember you ILOVEFM. I had walked past you at some point but I didn't really notice your shirt, I remember seeing your friends necklace for some reason.
Haha it was actually a really short dress! Since I didn't know who to look for from the ledge, I might have seen you and not have known. What were you wearing?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A royal blue tank with dark jeans. I'm 5'10" so I'm kind of hard to miss but in that crowd. And speaking of crowd I think it almost sold out last night. I looked around and it was packed...no joke.
Where did you sit?

"I always return here..."
Old 04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was in the last row of the floor seats. Yea during GYOW I looked around and everyone was standing and singing and I hardly saw any empty seats
Old 04-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I was in the last row of the floor seats. Yea during GYOW I looked around and everyone was standing and singing and I hardly saw any empty seats
That was an awesome sight... that song really made the place come alive. I read someone else's review - they said during GYOW Cory and the crew were all dancing around in afros at the bottom of the stairs when Stevie walked over to that side. They said she shook her head at them at first and then at Cory after they took them off! LOL. Hilarious.

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-29-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That was an awesome sight... that song really made the place come alive. I read someone else's review - they said during GYOW Cory and the crew were all dancing around in afros at the bottom of the stairs when Stevie walked over to that side. They said she shook her head at them at first and then at Cory after they took them off! LOL. Hilarious.
Haha that's awesome! The show was unforgettable!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
It was 90 in Atlanta yesterday, so...lol
I've always thought that they run colder than the rest of us mere mortals.

Stevie is always wearing gloves and layers, even in the middle of summer. Lindsey is in leather.

Perhaps that was the whole "hook" in their relationship.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I've always thought that they run colder than the rest of us mere mortals.

Stevie is always wearing gloves and layers, even in the middle of summer. Lindsey is in leather.

Perhaps that was the whole "hook" in their relationship.
And Stevie doesn't ever look like she's hot. Lindsey does. Still, even though he seems grateful for the water and towel by the time he gets to World Turning he's not as fried as you'd think he'd be. I wonder if it's cooler on stage than it is on the floor. With the lights, you'd think it would be hotter.

Michele
Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, great reviews of the band from everyone! It sounded like they really were on fire and were smokin' on stage.

Also, thank you for the videos/photos.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, one thing I noticed - Lindsey was getting drawn out ovations and at one point - I'll remember what song when I look at the set list - but it was early on - John seemed to be pretty miffed about the grandstanding - he and Stevie were looking at each other and John made a motion with his hand towards her like - 'WTH'?
Epic. Anyone else see that or know what song early on prompted the huge ovations?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Epic. Anyone else see that or know what song early on prompted the huge ovations?
There may have been some earlier moments, but Big Love and NGBA definitely invited this type of response.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
There may have been some earlier moments, but Big Love and NGBA definitely invited this type of response.
No. The moment I was referring to was much earlier. Let me look at the set list...I am almost positive it was IKINW because I believe that's the first song that Lindsey left his mic and went over to Stevie's side of the stage...I'm pretty sure he did that anyway...at any rate, he was playing to the crowd from the beginning and this was the second occurrence where he just stood there accepting the adulation and John's hand motion to Stevie definitely was one of irritation and she sort of just shrugged. I noticed when she got a lot of applause on "Stand Back", however, she bowed once (maybe twice) sort of demurely and then spread her arms out emphatically motioning to the entire stage and to LB a couple of times - specifically directing the applause to him (and the others). I thought that was very gracious on her part.

PS - I can't blame LB for hamming it up and for enjoying the attention - it was just a real obvious tension I noticed from John. At the end of the show though, LB was applauding loudly for John and I was glad to see John got a very loud applause from the crowd. I thought it was pretty equally distributed at the end but then again my hearing was severely imparied by that point!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. The moment I was referring to was much earlier. Let me look at the set list...I am almost positive it was IKINW because I believe that's the first song that Lindsey left his mic and went over to Stevie's side of the stage...I'm pretty sure he did that anyway...at any rate, he was playing to the crowd from the beginning and this was the second occurrence where he just stood there accepting the adulation and John's hand motion to Stevie definitely was one of irritation and she sort of just shrugged. I noticed when she got a lot of applause on "Stand Back", however, she bowed once (maybe twice) sort of demurely and then spread her arms out emphatically motioning to the entire stage and to LB a couple of times - specifically directing the applause to him (and the others). I thought that was very gracious on her part.
I can't necessarily blame John or Stevie for getting slightly annoyed by the response to Lindsey. When I was in Columbus, I hate to say it but he got a deafening loud response during the intros, and- maybe it was where I was standing- but it seemed to trump the other's responses.

I love John. He's so effortlessly cool in a very quiet, English way. And he seems like a nice guy. So if he was pissed, I'd understand...probably because I just like him.

But, really, I don't think Lindsey can help it. It's his kingdom. The extent to which that man rocks out and shows his amazing, brilliant talent on that platform is just uncalled for. And I absolutely love it. I adore Fleetwood Mac, but Lindsey is the reason I want to see them live, and continue seeing them live. Just gotta say...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought that each band member got around the same crowd response, maybe a tad bit louder for Stevie if that, and during the preformances IKINW, Big Love, NGBA, and I'm So Afraid got huge responses for Lindsey. I know I was so amazed with him I couldn't stop screaming for him. Of course Stevie is my absolute favorite so she was who I was most excited to see and she didn't disappoint me one bit. I screamed just as loud for the both of them. I'm not sure if I noticed John being annoyed but Lindsey deserved the ovation
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. The moment I was referring to was much earlier. Let me look at the set list...I am almost positive it was IKINW because I believe that's the first song that Lindsey left his mic and went over to Stevie's side of the stage
It's interesting because, until GYOW Lindsey doesn't usually cross over to Stevie's side of the stage -- not while she's there. Of course, he's there for ISA, but that's not until she leaves. Usually, he stays on his side. Then, for GYOW, they cross sides.

During the Dance tour, he'd go over to her side of the stage for Stand Back and stand by the piano and then John would cross over to Lindsey's side during that song.

Now, for Tusk Lindsey''d go over to her side of the stage and he'd interact with John and Christine in the old days and he'd do the Tusk dance with Stevie on that side, for the SYW tour. Tusk is coming earlier in the setlist this time around, so maybe he stepped up the right side invasion.

Michele
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I thought that each band member got around the same crowd response, maybe a tad bit louder for Stevie if that, and during the preformances IKINW, Big Love, NGBA, and I'm So Afraid got huge responses for Lindsey. I know I was so amazed with him I couldn't stop screaming for him. Of course Stevie is my absolute favorite so she was who I was most excited to see and she didn't disappoint me one bit. I screamed just as loud for the both of them. I'm not sure if I noticed John being annoyed but Lindsey deserved the ovation
Yeah, I would think Stevie would be the one to get the louder applause, but I seriously think Lindsey did in Columbus. I made a concerted effort to hear the applause that day for some reason, but I normally don't care. The whole band is incredible and I'm blown away by the artistry of them as a unit and the musicianship. They are totally professional and put on a magnificent show.

It means a lot because, unfortunately, there are many artists who have been around as long as FM or longer, who have had a great deal of longevity, and just do not care- not enough to play like John or Mick, to give their all like Lindsey, or spice up their stage image like Stevie. It's impressive all the way and that's why they still rock.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL