User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I was thinking, boys don't notice that kind of stuff anyways.
Hogwash! They notice it, it's just that they only vocalize it when it comes to women. They are men, after all.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hogwash! They notice it, it's just that they only vocalize it when it comes to women. They are men, after all.
You think so? I would think most don't. Not you, most.
But I can get with the fact that if they did notice it, they wouldn't say anything....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You think so? I would think most don't. Not you, most.
But I can get with the fact that if they did notice it, they wouldn't say anything....
I think they notice it, it just isn't a big deal to them, so they don't really say anything about it. From what I've seen in my lifetime, women and former fatties like myself are the only ones who *really* notice weight gains or weight losses. It's when people gain a few pounds and exclaim "I'm fat!" when I roll my eyes.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I think they notice it, it just isn't a big deal to them, so they don't really say anything about it. From what I've seen in my lifetime, women and former fatties like myself are the only ones who *really* notice weight gains or weight losses.
Yeah. I suppose so. I'll be pissed if I lose 20 lbs and no one notices, I can say that for sure.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I might actually be a girl but I exist in a guy's head (except for the fascination with breasts and all) and I would never notice that kind of thing. My friend would dye her hair artificial red, then black, then blonde etc. and was pissed off at me for not noticing. My mother always gave me the same guilt and then when she lost all this weight and I didn't notice, I was the most insensetive daughter imaginable. This very sensetive mother who convinced me I was fat by about grade 4. She would even tell me I was fat when I had anorexia and used to congratulate me on my weight loss when I ate nothing but one kiwi fruit a day and encourage me to go under my sister's size like it was a competition. I like to be fat just to piss off my mother although it is slightly depressing, not the weight, the actual reaction to food is depression.
That's hella lame. My family is kinda the opposite, when I'm at my normal weight they're all "are you anorexic?!" and like that. And when I visited the last time, I was 15 lbs more than i had been the last time they saw me, and my mom said "you look thin, are you eating?!" Although i think once my dad slipped me a "move your fat ass" Although I think that was a joke. I think they generally prefer that I am puffed up like...well, a puffed up person, I guess.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's hella lame. My family is kinda the opposite, when I'm at my normal weight they're all "are you anorexic?!" and like that. And when I visited the last time, I was 15 lbs more than i had been the last time they saw me, and my mom said "you look thin, are you eating?!" Although i think once my dad slipped me a "move your fat ass" Although I think that was a joke. I think they generally prefer that I am puffed up like...well, a puffed up person, I guess.
You should read Camryn Manheim's book Wake Up, I'm Fat! She talks about going shopping with her mother and when she goes into the fitting rooms, her mother slips her clothes many, many sizes smaller than she wears. Not exactly subtle.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You should read Camryn Manheim's book Wake Up, I'm Fat! She talks about going shopping with her mother and when she goes into the fitting rooms, her mother slips her clothes many, many sizes smaller than she wears. Not exactly subtle.

Oh, yeah, you like that book. But, shouldn't lux read it, as my family (save my dad) seems to like me all puffed up? I suppose my mom would slip me clothes many, many sizes larger than what I actually wear? "Here, honey, try this caftan..."

Old 05-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, yeah, you like that book. But, shouldn't lux read it, as my family (save my dad) seems to like me all puffed up? I suppose my mom would slip me clothes many, many sizes larger than what I actually wear? "Here, honey, try this caftan..."

Yeah, I love that book. Everyone should read it, it's fabulous. She rocks.

My mother used to buy me clothes as a teen that were too small and I'd be too embarassed to say so and would just toss them into my closet. When I lost the weight, they were too out of style to wear.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Lux
Old 05-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, I love that book. Everyone should read it, it's fabulous. She rocks.

My mother used to buy me clothes as a teen that were too small and I'd be too embarassed to say so and would just toss them into my closet. When I lost the weight, they were too out of style to wear.
awww little Diss.
Actually, no one really ever bought me clothes if I wasn't there. Except my cousin who lived in Manhattan, and my aunt, both of whom apparently had great eyes, cause everything fit me.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Puffed up as a nicer, healthier way of putting it. My mother would get at me for being too thin and weak when I was at my peak and had to threaten me to get me to eat, and then when I put it all back on she'd tell me I was fat again. I say, women are insane so don't listen to them. Anorexia and obesity are great for keeping in mind when you thrive on depression. It's just a matter of whether you prefer the pain of the resulting self-loathing or the pain of your stomach consuming itself.

I suppose I shouldn't have laughed, but it was a bit funny. I suddenly recalled being all upset that I was "fat" in seventh grade, and telling my mom cause I was so sad. She was all "well, maybe 5 pounds", but then, sometime while we were fighting, or something, she would scream that I was fat, a fat bitch or something. I wonder why that changed? But what I learned from that is, never tell your mom if you are sad about something, because she will cruelly use it against you at some later date, cause she is a bitch....
The pain of your stomach consuming itself...i've never been able to fast, really. I guess the self loathing is my bag! (My bag of Cheetos, that is).

Old 05-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Lux
Old 05-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Perhaps the laughing is commiserating over the fact that mothers can be the worst.

The pain of starvation can be very addictive. It's like an accomplishemnt, I mean, it feels like it at the time. I personally wasn't in it for the weight loss thing, but when you're a masochist, getting through a school day in physical pain and a state of being on the verge of fainting, it felt oddly good.
Yes, that's what I've heard. It's like a 'runners high' without running. A 'starvers high' I suppose. Anyway, I've never been able to accomplish that magical state of existence...If I did, though, I probably would feel accomplished...

Old 05-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Lux
Old 05-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
And rather faint.
And incredibly moody and always irritable.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
And incredibly moody and always irritable.
So, really, the difference will be negligible....

Old 05-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Lux
Old 05-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, really, the difference will be negligible....
That's not true about you!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
That's not true about you!
I was talking about me.
Gosh, I just read that over, and I hope Marissa didn't think I was talking about her I guess it could be misread...Marissa, I was talking about me!!