User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Just to add to the last post. If anybody wants to hear a full preview of David's new album you can listen via this link :

http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/cc-...avidgilmourSP/

Sounds great!!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking David Gilmour In Dortmund

Hola, I've been to the first concert of the tour in Dortmund yesterday and it was amazing! A cool light show, a very small venue (about 1000 people) and a really sucky audience (me and my girlfriend belonged to the 5 people who standing up for applause)! The setlist was had a few surprises, for example a 20 minute version of Echoes, he played two tracks from DSOTM (which I didn't expect him to, because he didn't on the 2000 "tour".
The first set was a full version of "On An Island". A few accoustic pieces, but most of them rock! Pretty interesting, but a few songs sounded too much like the others.
After a 15 minutes break he played the promised "goldies" (as he described them at the beginning of a show), which started with Shine On (pretty good, and not accoustic as on the the DG DVD), followed by some other older songs like Wot's...Uh The Deal (1972) & Wearing The Inside-Out (1994). This was followed by 2 great DSOTM songs Breathe and Time (without On The Run in the middle). After that he played an old Syd Barrett song called Dominoes (like on the 2002 DVD and The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett Story) and High Hopes! This big surprise of the evening was a complete version of Echoes, I actually couldn't believe my ears when he played the bloody 20 minute piece and the rock part was really amazing with the light effects. He left for a minute and came back for the encores, Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb (my fav).
It was a great show and during the break, the sound technics played a bit of the weird introduction for Run Like Hell (that one noise, I have no idea what it is), so maybe on the next show he will play 3 encores: Wish You Were Here/Comfortably Numb/Run Like Hell (as on the Division Bell Tour)!
Anyways, those who got a ticket are pretty lucky!

For those who are too bored to read this, here's a short song summary:

1st Set:
Castellorizon
On An Island
The Blue
Take a Breath
Red Sky at Night
This Heaven
Then I Close My Eyes
Smile
A Pocketful of Stones
Where We Start

2nd Set:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (II-IV, I think)
Wot's...Uh The Deal
Wearing The Inside-Out (Rick Wright on vocals)
Breathe
Time/Breathe (Reprise)
Dominoes (Syd Barrett song)
High Hopes
Echoes (yes, the complete version of that song)

Encores:
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Old 03-11-2006, 07:36 AM
MoonChilde

Wow ,,sounds like David put on a awesome show!! He played some of favorites too! Now I am really kicking myself for not getting tickets for his show here in the spring...
What do you think of his new stuff?? I got the cd last week..I have not decided yet if I a really like it alot or not.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChilde
Wow ,,sounds like David put on a awesome show!! He played some of favorites too! Now I am really kicking myself for not getting tickets for his show here in the spring...
What do you think of his new stuff?? I got the cd last week..I have not decided yet if I a really like it alot or not.
The new stuff is okay! Well, of course I expected to hear something more psychedelic, like in the old days, but I don't think he prefers it that much solo! I really like On An Island (cute mellow song) and Take A Breath rocks pretty much too, but that's basicly it with the new songs! All in all it is a very good pop album, I wouldn't settle it in the genre of rock! 4,1 of 5 stars
At the moment I am just wondering if I should buy tickets for Roger Waters in June in Berlin! I heard he is going to perform DSOTM start to finish and that could be exciting too! But I am kinda scared he might perform his new opera!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Interesting setlist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizNicks
For those who are too bored to read this, here's a short song summary:

1st Set:
Castellorizon
On An Island
The Blue
Take a Breath
Red Sky at Night
This Heaven
Then I Close My Eyes
Smile
A Pocketful of Stones
Where We Start

2nd Set:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (II-IV, I think)
Wot's...Uh The Deal
Wearing The Inside-Out (Rick Wright on vocals)
Breathe
Time/Breathe (Reprise)
Dominoes (Syd Barrett song)
High Hopes
Echoes (yes, the complete version of that song)

Encores:
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
but no "Island Jam" (Non album track from "On An Island")???

Really cool that DG played a complete version of "Echoes"...That had to be the ****!!!

Oh yeah, The cd "On An Island" is starting to grow on me...Fits the mood I am in during this March.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."