The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think once we get to the Rhino remasters of Mirage & Tango In The Night, the bonus tracks will start looking familiar...such as:

Mirage:
Cool Water
Teen Beat
Goodbye Angel
etc

Tango In The Night:
Down Endless Street
Ricky
Book Of Miracles
You & I, Part 1
etc
Old 01-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

Be still my heart!! This is GREAT news! I'll take anything they want to put out on these CDs. And if Mirage and Tango are not far behind....ahhh....I can die happy.

Actually, this single-handedly made my crappy day a good one! (not to mention I got my FM calendar in the mail today with the band letter reminding me that the Boston show will be made into a DVD)

Yes, today was good!
Old 01-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe68
Like the Chain box set, it wouldnt surprise me at all that any demos that appear on these re-issues belong to a Mr. Buckingham or a Ms. McVie!
I've often thought that the frosty band-relations around 1991/92, are probably what harmed 'The Chain,' in regards to the paltry amount of rare tracks that were included.

So perhaps the major turnaround that has occured since, would make it more possible that both Stevie and Lindsey would be willing to let Fleetwood Mac release demo material that they otherwise might have tried to save for their own solo projects.

But I have to say, if songs like "The Dealer" aren't there, I'd still understand... if I've written songs that I'm proud of, and think I might still want to record a "definitive" version of some day, I probably wouldnt want to waste them on some reissue either.

Hopefully Stevie & Lindsey wouldn't look at it that way though.

I guess we'll see!
Old 01-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, the number of bonus tracks on Rumours and Tusk is MIND-BLOWING.......God I hope those numbers are accurate. They sound AWESOME! Wow....unbelievable....

One thing though....we all know FM has had some incredible live performances, but it doesn't mention any live cuts as the bonus tracks.....does anyone think we could expect a new FM Live Compilation or a new and expanded "FM Live" (1980) album?

adam
Old 01-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is true which I still hold out totally believing it until I see it with my eyes. But say it is so, then here's my thought....... YYYYYEEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 01-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Speaking of Elysian Fields, has anyone gotten the Stones' Four Flicks DVD? I got it last weekend and only got through one disc so far. There is so much in there. I was practically salivating over the unfinished studio recording footage the CD included -- the Stones cutting loose with a tremendous groove. And I still have three more discs to go! All for 29.99! (a moment of silence in recognition of all those merchants who got screwed out of carrying this....)
I bought it and have watched most of the Paris & Twickenham discs...But am disappointed that the NYC show was not the complete broadcast that was aired on HBO (The other 2 shows are also incomplete song wise...But they STILL rock!)

The U2 "go Home" DVD is also HIGHLY recommended! (It's great to finally have the "Unforgettable Fire" doctumentary which is included as an extra.)

Now if the Mac could only release a DVD that is comparable...

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
The "rare demos" really has me wondering if we're actually going to get digitally mastered, pristine copies of songs like "The Dealer."
Not to burst your bubble (I'm just as excited!), but we already have digitally mastered, pristine copies of "The Dealer." And quite a lot of them.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Awesome news.

Lindsey's Soundstage will most likely be on DVD too won't it?

So let's see... (keeping in mind these are Australian dollars):

Concerts $200 x 3
Remasters $35 x 3
DVDs $30 x 2

= $730 (+ SYW Doco? @ $30 = $760)

With any luck, the taped show will be in the same DVD package as the SYW doco, unless that means the doco is reduced in size.

We need to get a cheaper hobby!!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
So let's see... (keeping in mind these are Australian dollars):

Concerts $200 x 3
Remasters $35 x 3
DVDs $30 x 2

= $730 (+ SYW Doco? @ $30 = $760)

Having more than a year of constant Fleetwood Mac releases & reissues?

PRICELESS!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Having more than a year of constant Fleetwood Mac releases & reissues?
PRICELESS!!!!!!
lol

Um, I wish it were price-less
Old 01-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Not to burst your bubble (I'm just as excited!), but we already have digitally mastered, pristine copies of "The Dealer." And quite a lot of them.
Exactamundo. I've been compiling my "Rhino Remasters" for the past twenty-five years, & they're lookin' & soundin' really good!! There's no way in Hades that Rhino -- or anyone else -- can top this.

Nice try, Fleetwood Mac! But I think you're ... what is it? a dollar short & a day late?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Exactamundo. I've been compiling my "Rhino Remasters" for the past twenty-five years, & they're lookin' & soundin' really good!! There's no way in Hades that Rhino -- or anyone else -- can top this.

Nice try, Fleetwood Mac! But I think you're ... what is it? a dollar short & a day late?

I don't think there are more than 10 demos out there that us fans haven't unearthed (with the exception of the newer ones, but we did get the early mixes of SYW!).

I'll wait and see what the extras are before I buy. Chances are they'll be things we already have. But let's be optimistic anyways!

Old 01-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up True...

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

I don't think there are more than 10 demos out there that us fans haven't unearthed (with the exception of the newer ones, but we did get the early mixes of SYW!).

I'll wait and see what the extras are before I buy. Chances are they'll be things we already have. But let's be optimistic anyways!
because I have been able to amass a large amount of "unreleased" music in only a few years of trading...So unless they have something BURIED way deep in the vaults I dont think we'll be that surprised by the extra material.

Btw, It's funny when fans dig through a band's catalog of Hard To Find/Out Of Print & "unreleased" material and make compilations that are MUCH better than what the band has to officially offer (ie-"U2-The B-Sides" (1979-2001) 11 cd set...All the tracks are studio quality!!!)...

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: True...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
because I have been able to amass a large amount of "unreleased" music in only a few years of trading...So unless they have something BURIED way deep in the vaults I dont think we'll be that surprised by the extra material.

Btw, It's funny when fans dig through a band's catalog of Hard To Find/Out Of Print & "unreleased" material and make compilations that are MUCH better than what the band has to officially offer (ie-"U2-The B-Sides" (1979-2001) 11 cd set...All the tracks are studio quality!!!)...

Brian j.

And, lately, there has been an onslaught of new stuff. I think I'll just wait and see what's on there.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Lindsey's Soundstage will most likely be on DVD too won't it?
Lindsey's been mixing a live album of the Chicago show with Mark Needham at a place in Malibu. He's scheduled to continue mixing tomorrow (Friday) night.

You never know whether a project will get canned -- particularly if it's Lindsey's -- but at this point we can probably expect a live album from that Soundstage gig.

A DVD would be great, too, because he played cool things like "Red Rover" & "Steal Your Heart Away."