Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the Drudge Report

the Drudge Report has a picture of Stevie (in her gold dust shawl) with the heading..

Fleetwood Mac at #3 with 211,000 sold.

I clicked on the related story but it was all about Kelly Clarkson debuting at #1.

btw, the Drudge Report changes constantly, so the story might not be on the page for long..

http://www/drudgereport.com

the band now needs a hit single to continue its stay in the top ten.. definitely a great beginning.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How SYW stacks up

First week totals
(debut position)

SAY YOU WILL (3) 218,000+
VERY BEST OF FM (12) 65,000+
TISL (5) 109,000+
THE DANCE (1) 200,000+
source: SoundScan

Even though the entire album is on the web, it still scanned more copies than The Dance in the first week. Impressive. #1 in my book.

Last edited by SpyNote; 04-23-2003 at 11:26 PM..
Old 04-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3 is great, can't complain about that. I just wish someone more worthy, if you will, would have beaten them out. Not that I don't love KK, but... you all get what I mean.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We have a similar show to your American Idol in Germany and the same hype is going on. To me it is not important if they have good voices. Of course they have and that's O.K. But it's nevertheless not more than puppet theatre. They can sing a song but they can`t write a song, nor produce it nor play an instrument. Once their producer lets them fall their sound will change completely as then another producer comes along. There is no direction and there's no creativity and artistry about it. They will be gone in 1 or 2 years as they can not rely on their own productivity and fantasy. What people buy is not a Kelly Clarkson (or Daniel Küblböck (sic!) or Alexander Knavs in Germany or Gareth Gates in the UK) CD. What they buy is a CD from their producers with the voices of those contest winners. But they won't have a career on their own and so it's a pity that something like this gets a No 1 whereas wonderful artists with great songwriting remain unknown. It's all about media hype and that's the shame!
I think the Nr 3 debut for FM is fine, I don`t believe they can stay there too long or even get to Nr. 1 from now on, but all in all it seems the album will do well.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Billboard has it posted that SYW sold 218,000 copies, so that's another 7,000. What sucks is this would have been a definite #1, but it was just released at a bad time. I mean, there was HEAVY competition for the Top 10. If TISL had been released this week with 105,000 units sold, I don't think it would have hit the top 10. I expected about 150,000 copies, so im very glad to hear they sold more. Let's just hope they can stay up there for a while.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

and - the big gun (Madonna) will certainly come in at no. 1 next week with, I predict, over 300,000 sold. But, hopefully, FM can maintain over 100,000 sales for awhile, which will keep it in the top ten.

In any event, kudos to them for the #3 debut, a great album, and what looks like is going to be a great tour.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is an impressive, smashing success. Really. I see it just like that. Selling those numbers in one week, for a REAL band who's not filled with crazy teens these days, is just amazing. Much more than what I expected, anyway. Good for these guys.

Song of the moment - Murrow Turning Over In His Grave