The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say, surprisingly, I did enjoy that. Considering VH1's history, and when I saw that they were only giving this show a half hour, I really was annoyed and all expectations went in the toilet. But getting past the length issue for a second...it was a good show. The documentary footage really made it.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that line when CM says something like "If you want to know what it feels like to be to be a rock and roll sex symbol - ask Stevie Nicks!!!"

This is from the infamous Japan footage. I have a tape somewhere of this. It is hysterical - they are all very, very, wasted toward the end and still giving interviews. I think CM hauls out a picture from her wallet of her dog and goes into this big story about the dog. CM smokes and drinks the ENTIRE time. Stevie also slightly freaks out while on a trip and basically goes into a trance and just stares at Robin.

Trippy stuff!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know, I was like, "Long-lost basement tapes? Those have been circulating for years!" LOL I wish they'd showed the part where the little girl who found Stevie's ring gives it back to her, and Stevie gives her a scarf!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default video??

Where can I get a copy of these videos??? I would love to have a copy and will pay someone to make me a copy.....
I'd really appreciate it!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally enjoyed this show! I couldn't believe all the info they crammed into a half hour. It was just really great.

I loved how fired up Stevie got when talking about whatever song she was talking about..lol. I also really loved the emotional moment between Stevie and Lindsey.. when he started to cry and she turned away from the camera. It just made them more human to me. I could have lived without seeing Mick in his underwear.. but that was a small price to pay. I hope they release Lindsey's documentary soon.. that would really be something worth seeing too! One of my favorite moments was definitely Stevie's closet.. too cool! I also almost fell off my chair when they showed Stevie kiss Lindsey at the end of Landslide.. that was great! VH1 finally did a wonderful job!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 06-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I love that line when CM says something like "If you want to know what it feels like to be to be a rock and roll sex symbol - ask Stevie Nicks!!!"

This is from the infamous Japan footage. I have a tape somewhere of this. It is hysterical - they are all very, very, wasted toward the end and still giving interviews. I think CM hauls out a picture from her wallet of her dog and goes into this big story about the dog. CM smokes and drinks the ENTIRE time. Stevie also slightly freaks out while on a trip and basically goes into a trance and just stares at Robin.

Trippy stuff!!!!
I'd really love to see it...anyone know where I can get a copy???
Oh, and I said it before and I'll say it again, I totally think that someone is reading these boards especially now that i've gone back and watched it again. When she was talking about wearing black, she looked directly into the camera with attitude as if to say, "you assfaces on the ledge that make fun of black dress in song parodies can suck it" jk but seriously, I do believe they come here for vital info. They sure as **** aren't going to Mick's board...LOL! We really did come down hard on poor lil' ol' black dress but we heart you Miss. Stephanie Lynn Nicks so if you read this...yay you!! LOL
Old 06-17-2003, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LMAO!!

Da da. (LOL)

Yeah, I just watched the video again and I caught something Lindsey said (I didn't catch it the first time), and he goes "Yeah, right now, I have no ??? in the band" sounds like he's saying AI or something, anyone wanna fill idiot Christy in on what he was saying? It was the shot of him in the car with sunglasses on.

Fave parts: Stevie (those glasses!! LOL) and the singin' bass!!

Lindsey saying he was thrilled, but couldn't talk about it or he'd cry...OMG...what a moment folks!!!!!!!

John saying "Can we just play?" (Gotta love John...the voice of sanity! LOL)

Mick going "My hair, what I have left of, my hair!!" as the tech pulls the mic away from him! LOL

Lindsey saying "If I'm gonna be made out to be the bad guy, then so be it...why should anything be different...HA." LMAO!!!!!! The way he goes HA....HYSTERICAL!!

Christine in the Japan Rumours video going "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks." after being asked what it's like being a sex symbol and that FACE she makes...LMAO!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:59 PM

Dangit! I fell asleep and only caught the last 15 minutes. What a shame that VH1 never repeats anything.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick saying, "no beating off" was pretty funny too...

I noticed that while the ending credits were rolling on the 10 PM Central time broadcast, they were showing one of those summer series commercials (to the tune of "Summer Breeze," I love them!). But at the end of the 11:30 broadcast, they showed the Peacekeeper video. I taped the earlier one, but I may tape it again to try to get the Peacekeeper ending.

Last edited by Livia; 06-17-2003 at 01:20 PM..
Old 06-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
he goes "Yeah, right now, I have no ??? in the band" sounds like he's saying AI or something, anyone wanna fill idiot Christy in on what he was saying?
I'm not 100% sure but I think he says that he doesn't have an ally in the band. Can anyone confirm this?

Antje
Old 06-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Christine in the Japan Rumours video going "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks." after being asked what it's like being a sex symbol and that FACE she makes...LMAO!!!

The entire segment of that part of the interview is just hysterical. CM appears pretty lit and is pretty much chain smoking. She also goes into about she and Stevie have discussed Stevie sex symbol thing and they are OK with it and also discusses Stevie dancing on stage and how it adds to the show - otherwise it would not be there. Other than the obvious intoxication of all parties, which in an of itself is highly entertaining in a twisted way (hey it was the late 70's ), the interviews are very straightforward and enlightening. I will look for my copy, but am pretty much clueless as to where it is if I even still have it.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Da da. (LOL)

Yeah, I just watched the video again and I caught something Lindsey said (I didn't catch it the first time), and he goes "Yeah, right now, I have no ??? in the band" sounds like he's saying AI or something, anyone wanna fill idiot Christy in on what he was saying? It was the shot of him in the car with sunglasses on.

Fave parts: Stevie (those glasses!! LOL) and the singin' bass!!

Lindsey saying he was thrilled, but couldn't talk about it or he'd cry...OMG...what a moment folks!!!!!!!

John saying "Can we just play?" (Gotta love John...the voice of sanity! LOL)

Mick going "My hair, what I have left of, my hair!!" as the tech pulls the mic away from him! LOL

Lindsey saying "If I'm gonna be made out to be the bad guy, then so be it...why should anything be different...HA." LMAO!!!!!! The way he goes HA....HYSTERICAL!!

Lindsey says he currently has no ALLIES in the band Oh, and the "HA!" was priceless....Lindsey Buckingham...*sigh*...and the fish made me crack up
Old 06-17-2003, 01:51 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi all, I haven't posted in a long time but I always check in. I have to say All Access was great! I liked the part where the interviewer asked Christine what it was like working with her ex-husband. She said something like "We're all hunky-dinky-dory." Or something like that, it was too funny.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow LOL

ALLIES!!! DUR ME!! Thanks ya'll!

Mystic, yeah, hunky dinky dory..LOL I've heard hunky dory but not hunky DINKY dory before!! HAHA! Gotta love Christine.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up So cool

I had to chime in and say how much I agree with everyone else. This was an incredible show! Knowing that it was only going to be 1/2 hour, I was expecting 10 minutes of footage and 20 minutes of commercials for the lastest VH1 countdown of crap. But what a surprise!

I'm surprised it was Lindsey's idea to do the making of documentary. That just doesn't seem like something he would go for, but it's interesting to know. I just hope it does see the light of day soon. Did anyone else get a "reality show" vibe from the making of footage? Maybe I've been watching too much of The Osbournes, but I can totally see this stuff playing out in an actual series form, from the time Stevie arrives at the house to record and into the tour.

If and when it does get release on DVD, I hope it's a massive set, with the making of the album, before and during the tour, and an actual full length concert. That would be an incredible package. I hope that the cameras are still following them throughout the tour. Wouldn't it be cool to hear them discussing, say, dropping Destiny Rules and why they did it?

Thank you VH1!!!